Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Unfortunately I think this seller is waaaaaay out of touch with the value of his car ...

I think he might have it for a while ... :unsure:

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-Cayenne-2008/SSE-AD-4565439/?Cr=10

Divide price by half, then maybe.  I sold our 2010 V10 Touareg 3 years ago with half the kms for around half the ask.  

Unfortunately I think this seller is waaaaaay out of touch with the value of his car ...

I think he might have it for a while ... :unsure:

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-Cayenne-2008/SSE-AD-4565439/?Cr=10

Same car same ad on Gumtree for $25k

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/clovelly-park/cars-vans-utes/2008-porsche-cayenne-9pa-5dr-spts-auto-6sp-4x4-3-6i-my08-/1156946272

Who is looking to join the boxsterbeatercar club?

For $15k or less you too can enjoy zerof*#ks Porsche ownership!

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/melbourne-cbd/cars-vans-utes/1999-porsche-boxster-coupe-manual-my99-convertible/1157188487

$_20.JPG

does it have an interior and engine?  I suppose for$15k a few photos would be too much to ask.

does it have an interior and engine?  I suppose for$15k a few photos would be too much to ask.

More pics than some people selling $300K cars!  Interior is the same as your GT2.  And you cant see the engine in these things anyway... 

I had to laugh at the young guy at the tyre shop who gravitated to the rear trunk of mine and asked to see the engine - he knew enough about Porsches that it wasn't in the front boot, but was lost when it wasn't in the back one either! :wacko:  

It's really handy though for when I get nostalgic for my old 911... I go to Bunnings and buy about 4 bags of cement, load em in there and go for a drive. I get to have that rear-engine weight behind the axles feeling, and take care of some handy jobs around home.

at that price, it's worth buying to have some fun and THEN decide if it's any good.  I assume you'd get your money back even if you sold if for parts.  Need to budget for a stick on beard, wig and glasses though,  just so no one recognises me. ?

at that price, it's worth buying to have some fun and THEN decide if it's any good.  I assume you'd get your money back even if you sold if for parts.  Need to budget for a stick on beard, wig and glasses though,  just so no one recognises me. ?

Postal vote plebiscite is coming in 2018 for Boxster drivers - we will have our day !

My understanding is that the rear deflectors were an aftermarket cosmetic add on, I suspect to make them more 911 like.

The dash looks good, however the door linings look like they've been patched, so I'll presume they've done the same with the dash. Dent in the front also will require repairs. Five speed gearbox is a positive however not as 'rare' as the advert would suggest. The sun roof gives me concern, if it isn't a factory hole, I wouldn't go near the car.

As a 924 fan, I really struggle to find value in a car like this. It's not a great example of a 924, it's also not a turbo which (in my mind) makes for a more interesting car. If you wanted a cheap Porsche, I can't understand why you wouldn't get a Boxster as they can be had for not that much more money, and sourcing parts etc will be much easier.  If someone was passionate about 924s, and wanted a cheap driver that they can restore, it might make sense..... if the sunroof isn't a huge mess.

Edited by bear924

It is not good to jump to conclusions, but most of the cheapest cars in Sydney seem to come from around that area, and often for good reason. I would be VERY cautious...

That's a bit pointed, but, where there's smoke......... Long, long time ago (before I knew better) I purchased a "too good to be true" car from a dodgy area, only giveaway I missed was the plate welded over the chassis number, but they did stamp a new one but not good enough to fool the cops!!!!! Buyer beware.