Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

I've been unable to help myself - email sent :)

Beautiful part of the world & it's been a couple of years since I've spent time there so will be good to go back for a look around.  What's the worst that could happen...

...so email sent, got a text message reply, different name, number and email address to that previously noted.  That's the end for me....

Winner of the used car piss-taking award for the month - Apologies if this was already posted - $60,000 MY00 Base model Boxster; get all over this @TrevMcRev

https://www.carsales.com.au/car/porsche/boxster/?offset=12&setype=pagination&area=Stock&vertical=car&WT.z_srchsrcx=makemodel

Here's another 986 at $50K.  https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/_/OAG-AD-14633341?WT.seg_4 

Looks like I have just quadrupled my investment in 4 months.  If this keeps up for 12 months or so I might be tempted to let it go...at this rate I'll be able to side-step into that 991 GT3RS and go on a holiday.

:huh:

Yeah aircooled Porsches have gone cold...the easy money these days is in flippin Boxsters!  Some of us were smart enough to sell our 911s and buy Boxsters at the right time while the rest were dreaming about their wannabe Singers.

Don't think this SC has been poked and prodded by anyone yet? 

https://carsales.mobi/cars/details/Porsche-911-1981/OAG-AD-14998955

I can't believe anyone would consider this when for less than half that price you can have your pick of LHD's imported from the US

i wouldn't pay 80k just to have the steering wheel on the right (and to be able to say it was Australian delivered)

is it a buyer's market yet...?

Nup..but nearly ..just a return to normality and mostly enthusiast buyers thank god

If interest rates go up, Porsches will be cheap again. If you have an expensive house with a big mortgage, I'd be very worried....

Only if you pay cash .. otherwise you are paying that interest

just watched 4 corners. We are fucked. Perth was fucked years ago. 2018 - YOCP

Nah ….Just hold onto ya cars and dont sell and your current mortgage..just a little shortage of bubble beer tokens

just watched 4 corners. We are fucked. Perth was fucked years ago. 2018 - YOCP

Aligned with Symsy.  Perth is two speed economy.  eg those in the resource sector and industries servicing it and those not.   Don't underestimate how much money some people made in Perth (resource sector  before the downturn).  Been keeping a lazy eye on some property recently and not really seeing anything decent within a 1km of the beach north of Fremantle and south of Mullaloo or a 2 bedroom unit within an easy commute by public transport to the Terrace isn't  exactly cheap and bugger all amount of stock to choose from.  Me thinks those folks with those properties in good locations aint going to see mortgage stress on their principle properties or investment properties anytime soon plus those with the decent properties in good locations don't sell and only see a haircut to their discretionary spending budgets

Out in the burbs and that's a different story / value proposition.  eg Mandurah per 4 corners and south of mandurah  is great spot if your flyin / fly out, or have a gig on the Kwinana strip eg cab voucher from home to the airport and another 40 minutes aint a big deal each way twice or so a month if you are fly in / fly out. Throw in a jetski and toy for fishing and a tow vehicle for the  boat and toy car and life can be good.   No fly in fly out work and can't get a gig on the strip / but land something perth based, reckon that's half your pay gone for the main bread winner (combo of loss of work hours and remote site based rates and no free transport to work) plus household bills just goes  up at least 25% (eg 3 weeks on a remote site and  if you keep of the piss / recreational stimulants, and stay away from the skimpies, pretty hard to spend coin).  Take away the fly in fly out work and all the construction support work around Perth and those folks are indeed fucked if they didn't load up on extra mortgage repayments.  I got  told 20 plus years ago, if in the resource game and relying on project work that's driven by commodity price cycles, need to be disciplined and use you annual leave wisely, eg work as much as you can when your on a project and squirrel some extra leave hours away for the lean times. (I took that advice to the extreme and I'd bet my 996 turbo and my left nut that no one on a salary on this forum would have more accrued annual leave / long service leave racked up than what I have).  As I see it, lack of financial discipline and not having any appreciation of commodity cycles and ridiculous and out of control hrly labour rate increases that weren't sustainable and  blew project budgets out of water is why many in Perth are doing it tough and Perth is screwed.  Perth will bounce back but, just not to the largesse of the past (not seeing any of the big players signing up for 5 billion dollar plus projects any time soon) and the bottom of this cycle will be more prevalent that what has been experienced in the last 20 years as project operators are just going to flog the crap out of their assets for a while or do projects to sustain existing output volumes.

ps symsy is the only one that got a bit of a bargain at the time of any P car out of wa that I can recall.   What fire sales have there been out of Perth in the last 18 months in terms of P cars.  

Edited by smit2100

Agree with Smit.

I visited some display home villages in Busselton in December and they were a ghost town.  Chatted to several new home Sales consultants - they were bored and selling barely 1 a month down from 10s and 12s they were used to.  All doom and gloom.  

Then toured the high end custom home scene around Perth in Feb - certainly less activity since the last visit a couple of years prior but plenty of multi million $ homes still being built.

definitely signs of belt tightening at the top end but arse fallen out at the bottom end.  

So you might expect a few cashed up bogan cars going cheap.  Anyone for a supercharged HSV and matching his and hers jetskis?  Doubt you'll see the good Porsche stuff in a fire sale.

Edited by DJM

So you might expect a few cashed up bogan cars going cheap.  Anyone for a supercharged HSV and matching his and hers jetskis?  Doubt you'll see the good Porsche stuff in a fire sale.

This ^^^^

Friend here in Vic just picked up a 2016 LSA with only 7k on the clock for $50k from WA.

For those of us in the construction game here, I assume you've noticed the recent influx of WA plated cars into VIC? The mass of infrastructure projects need bodies to do the work and there just aren't the numbers here to fill them. There's no work in WA, rates are increasing here so they're coming over in waves. One of my contractors has lost half of their PM's and Supervisors in the last 6 months to the infrastructure projects, recent applicants to fill roles have all been from WA.