Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Well if it was me, I don't care what they or anyone else advertise a car for, even the ones who are "firm" "no offers". On an expensive car, particularly a sports car that is not necessary to have, I arrive at the price I'll pay before I see a car and then fine tune it once I've gone over it and offer around 15% less than I'll pay. I then watch and listen to them tell me I'm an idiot , don't know what they're worth blah blah blah but the conversation is running and I work with them as much as I can with certain phrasing to get them down or try and get them down and see where it ends up.

Don't be afraid to walk away or let them know of a comparable great deal that sold or is on the market that you're interested in, even if it's a more expensive sought after vehicle  - and make sure that you have the capability to buy it on the spot with a big cash deposit and or an EFT to them on the spot.

Trying to bargain or arrive at a price that's a 15% or a 20% tyrekicking off their price seldom works unless you are standing in front of them... Realistically you'd seldom get more than 10% off a dealer's price, and with Autohaus probably no more than 5% off if you're lucky -  in saying that, if a vehicle has been sitting at a price like the black one for a loooong time, there's more chance of a discount than if it's only been on the market a month.

17 hours ago, juzmister said:

Hey team,

Long time lurker here..!

This has been sitting at Autohaus for a long time. What's the story?? Not sure what something like this (with little collectability) should be worth? 

https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1976/OAG-AD-15217245/?Cr=2

Try and build one for that sorta coin

I reckon it's decent price for what it is, though if originality or future value is a concern, don't bother

29 minutes ago, TrevMcRev said:

Would love one, and in white too:wub:Good dose of Dutton's tax in that price 439K , surprised that it's priced way way more than a  996GT2, and much more than a 7.1RS and about the equivalent price as a 7.2RS - wouldn't have thought they'd be more than high 3's at the most

16 minutes ago, Pork Chops said:

Barely any difference to the standard car. Buy one of those and spend a few shekels on making it awesome and save $300k. And avoid those fugly wheels. 

Having met you it is no surprise of your lack of taste..... :P

My old 1969s was the sister car to this built by Mark Poole Motorsport in Adelaide and owner/raced by John Nelson.The 69s was mostly original save for a bolt in cage and was easily converted back to road spec from its Group N  build.That said,it was still a compromise and was missing certain original qualities. This car at Autohaus was his Touring Car Masters car and was a lot more racey  and I bought his spare early 2.8 engine from beginning of Porsche in  Tcm car before the rules changed to 3.2 that is still in my car with the new owner and is bloody great and a bit wild with Pmo carbs etc

just do your homework as to the type of driving your doing in these cars as they are ex race cars and not as civilised as you may want,great for track and occasional fun day out,definitely not for family and long drives imho

nic

1 hour ago, Troubleshooter said:

....with Autohaus probably no more than 5% off if you're lucky -  in saying that, if a vehicle has been sitting at a price like the black one for a loooong time, there's more chance of a discount than if it's only been on the market a month.

I've managed 2% on my first and zippo on my second!

I suspect their business model doesn't rely on high stock turn over as most of their income comes from behind the scene wheeling and dealing.

I also suspect they resist getting a reputation of discounting and its also very rare that they drop the price on a car once its advertised and would prefer to ride it out.

13 minutes ago, KG said:

Hmmmm? It takes some vision to set out on a project like this....

And then hope to sell at this price...

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/Porsche-911-1977/SSE-AD-5134239?ret=search-alert&utm_source=internal-carsales-notification-centre-search-alert&utm_medium=email

Hahaha typo - he slipped a 1 in front of the 88000

36 minutes ago, KG said:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/Porsche-911-1977/SSE-AD-5134239?ret=search-alert&utm_source=internal-carsales-notification-centre-search-alert&utm_medium=email

HAHAHA. It looks quite neat, but I still think he would struggle to sell that at half the price... converted, chopped targa, maybe he will find someone with no idea.....

2 hours ago, Peter M said:

I've managed 2% on my first and zippo on my second!

I suspect their business model doesn't rely on high stock turn over as most of their income comes from behind the scene wheeling and dealing.

I also suspect they resist getting a reputation of discounting and its also very rare that they drop the price on a car once its advertised and would prefer to ride it out.

Seems to be the opposite of Classic Throttle, who often put up a big ask and then if no one bites will cut the price aggressively to move the metal.  Maybe the difference reflects the mix of consignment versus inventory sales between the two shops?

2 hours ago, KG said:

The term "restoration" is applied loosely in this case. I prefer the term "upgrade" which is usually used when throwing large coin at cars to convert them into something they weren't to begin with. I applaud the dedication though. Could have bought an '83 RHD SC Cab which is rare-ish at least with that spend.

2 hours ago, KG said:

I think you’re being a little unfair - that would make a good project for someone; you could buy it and spend $60k returning it to an original 77 Targa and wind up with a car worth around.........$60k......wait....

8 minutes ago, crsedge said:

I have no words..... though the seller has plenty.....

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/londonderry/cars-vans-utes/porsche-kit-car-toyota-celica-/1167202470

Who wants to guess what model this is a 'replica' of that they only made 37 and that sold recently for $8,000,000?? :blink:

Love the comment 'Not a backyard build' 

I think the accompanying photo's state otherwise! ??

17 hours ago, Pork Chops said:

Barely any difference to the standard car. Buy one of those and spend a few shekels on making it awesome and save $300k. And avoid those fugly wheels. 

That would leave plenty for a few cans of plastidip and some ebay decals.  GT3Rod!

But you could also save about $420k and get a boxrod and still beat it through the spur....

maxresdefault.jpg

He's creative, you have to give him that. Ferrari beige colour (surely putting the word Ferrari in there makes it more valuable). Dropping all the names of the people who worked on the car that no one heard of. Italian wheels rather than using words like "couldn't be stuffed finding the original wheels so bought cheap replacements".