Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

11 hours ago, TrevMcRev said:

Throwing $40k at a vin you can't verify is a bold move...

And some people are scared to buy a Bitcoin!

Not that it couldn't be verified Trev, just that the VIN on the 2 compliance plates which was WPOZZZ91ZD?140177 wasn't the vin listed on the PPSR which was 3025382. Everything else on the PPSR lined up. The guy said on the rego papers it had a "VRN" number, couldn't find the VIN there, and I didn't get the chance to speak to him again to ask anything about 3025382 prior to it sold. Anyways my thoughts were that it was 99% a rego branch problem and I'm sure it could've been overcome at VicRoads. At the end of the day I wouldn't have lost much if there was an unsurmountable problem. Calculated risk, Ya pays ya cash ya takes ya chances .... and it was bitcoin earnings I was using B)  I've woken bright eyed and  bushytailed now after my bender yesterday arvo/night:CoolDance:

8 minutes ago, Windsor289 said:

Is that a supercharger tucked up in there with water injection? One would have to think that car would move.  Working out fair value on a car like this is difficult .. opinions anyone?

3 hours ago, OnSafari said:

Ferrari 360.....

or for $67k .... a Ferrari Mondial

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Ferrari-Mondial-1981/SSE-AD-4465114/?Cr=0

4 hours ago, Windsor289 said:

I would wanna know what the brake and suspension setup it has , looks hot , would wanna drive that way  .. needs a 3.8 Rs spec motor and more beans..

I like to see 993 hotrodded..  many an old 993 Cup car knocking around to do that ...

1 hour ago, OnSafari said:

That's right, manuals are out there, just not as common as the F1 transmission 

Nice - lot of interesting car for the money

29 minutes ago, Dreamr said:

Probably a targa conversion .... was easier and more popular than taking a roof off ....

long time since a semi running car popped up for that sort of money - not my cup of tea but its not awful

1 hour ago, bear924 said:

Is that a supercharger tucked up in there with water injection? One would have to think that car would move.  Working out fair value on a car like this is difficult .. opinions anyone?

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Ferrari-Mondial-1981/SSE-AD-4465114/?Cr=0

3.2 forward date not for me - price seems optimistic

Love the Mondial, I was reading they are becoming more appreciated in the UK and Europe, its the 924 of the Fezza world. Looks pretty straight and complete, its what people are paying for an 80's Carrera LHD converted non matching car......

16 minutes ago, Ozvino said:

Love the Mondial, I was reading they are becoming more appreciated in the UK and Europe, its the 924 of the Fezza world. Looks pretty straight and complete, its what people are paying for an 80's Carrera LHD converted non matching car......

I nearly got one of these when they were at around $35k this one looks honest.

4 hours ago, symsy said:

like to see 993 hotrodded..  many an old 993 Cup car knocking around to do that ...

good question:

what issues are there for taking an old cup car & using as a weekend driver  to cars & coffee, via the back roads? Has anyone done something similar?

1 hour ago, Pork Chops said:

Curious what exactly you love about this car?  Color combo?  Something else?

6 hours ago, DJM said:

no comparison to even the nicest 3.2 on the planet

6 hours ago, bear924 said:

I have driven a Mondial QV - equally a match for an impact bumper porsche although less appealling aesthetically.  But it sounds the goods, is a Ferrari and has a gated manual combined with 4 seats and a rev-happy v8.  If you're happy with being shunned from the ferrari club it's good buying for what you get.  With a few hot-rodding changes a Mondial could become a very cool car.

1 hour ago, Coastr said:

Curious what exactly you love about this car?  Color combo?  Something else?

no comparison to even the nicest 3.2 on the planet

I have driven a Mondial QV - equally a match for an impact bumper porsche although less appealling aesthetically.  But it sounds the goods, is a Ferrari and has a gated manual combined with 4 seats and a rev-happy v8.  If you're happy with being shunned from the ferrari club it's good buying for what you get.  With a few hot-rodding changes a Mondial could become a very cool car.

Just how it looks. No idea about anything else.

9 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

Has anyone here looked at this car? It’s been up for a while and changed price (up and down) quite a few times. Be interested to hear what you think of it.

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1972/SSE-AD-4803135

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depends what you want to do with it? Looks like a Converted car + updated, so it will never be worth much unless you spend big $$ returning it back to original 

26 minutes ago, 901er said:

Or they are just crap to drive, but nice to look at? 

Had a 308 GT4 back in the late 90's early 2000's. Sounded great but not the easiest car to drive. Very heavy steering at low speeds but even having some fun in the hills was a workout. The offset steering and pedals was a pain. Typical electrics of the era. Triple the price of any work/service done compared to a Porsche.

Porsche of the same era would run rings around it through the hills. 

Admittedly it was an early 70's car and the later models are much better. Would I buy another Ferrari? Probably not. Not for any particular reason but I just prefer a Porsche.