Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Someone I know who owns a "fly yellow' Ferrari 360 says yellow attracts flies in summer. I can see the scientific explanation for this , but is this one for the mythbusters?

Cofirmed also - my 350z is a mozzie and bug magnet in spring to early summer if I have it in the carport.

Well I've done a bit of "research" and yellow and silver seem to be fly-faves. Rapeseed yellow is the best for flies. 

Best polite comment so far "insects always love yellow cars. Lookin' for some pollen, I guess. They think your car is the biggest flower they ever saw with their 22,000 eyes."

Niko has been called lots of things( most true) but I think you are going a bit far calling him an insect.

Sold

It's getting to the point you need to buy sight unseen over the phone and hope for the best.

Reminds me of the housing market about 7 years ago.

I'm not overly surprised. That car was a bit of a standout at $22500. 

So guys, was it anyone on here who picked up the eBay SC for $18,100? I thought it was good buying with an hour to go, but then it jumped about 4k which I though was on the high side for LHD with the other issues.

The 3.2 targa for $23,600 mid week on eBay seemed like a good buy.

If it were a SWT and very original it could be worth mid 100s in the US.

Looks like a lot of money has been put into the conversion/update. The interior looks late IB.

How times/tastes have changed.

It's clear from the photos and blurb it's being sold purely on the numbers and engine.

Funny when everyone wanted to forward date and guards red their old porsches as a way of making something old look new.

Now everyone wants to backdate their 80s porsches to get the classic look with the bigger motors.

The car looks presentable enough.  Taking it back to what it was would be near impossible though, what with all the missing interior, targa parts and missing bodywork.  And then it's not a matching numbers car anyway.

Yes there was a time when long hoods were updated to impact bumpers, impact bumpers to 964's and then the trend of back dating that I would say has slowed considerably.

We can now see the impact of updating on values, will be interesting to see how the market responds to backdated cars in the next 5-10 years or so.

It's clear from the photos and blurb it's being sold purely on the numbers and engine.

Funny when everyone wanted to forward date and guards red their old porsches as a way of making something old look new.

Now everyone wants to backdate their 80s porsches to get the classic look with the bigger motors.

The car looks presentable enough.  Taking it back to what it was would be near impossible though, what with all the missing interior, targa parts and missing bodywork.  And then it's not a matching numbers car anyway.

agreed, backdating it to the longhood spec it was built as would be a mission.. and if you're going to do that, it's the same effort to do it to a later car with the benefit of better motor/brakes etc

Not quite sure what to make of this; http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1969/SSE-AD-2877666/?Cr=3&sdmvc=1

To think that there is an Irish green soft window targa under all that?

Here is it's long lost brother...an indication of it's value prior to being "improved" & "upgraded"!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-911-Soft-Window-Targa-1967-Porsche-911-Soft-Window-Targa-Irish-Green-Sport-Seats-Matching-s-/331242423725?forcerrptr=true&hash=item4d1f9645ad&item=331242423725&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

I had a call from a guy tonight asking about this one

He's umming and aaahing about it. I told him to just buy it before I do after seeing the ad!

It looks decent in the pics anyway.

At that kinda price, you wouldnt lose money if you decided to sell in the future, even being a converted car

I give it within 4 days and it will be sold

I love Irish green + soft window targa = very cool early 911.