Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

I'm a finance broker and I can tell you that almost no lenders will fund a car of that status (ie. repairable write off).

In reality many of the cars are fine - the issue is borrowing money for the purchase plus the impending difficulties you'll have in trying to sell one.

Typically these cars are worth at least 20% below market.

18k and he could not bother finding replacement stickers for the paint? Those, and the red carpets were about the only thing special from what i understand

18k and he could not bother finding replacement stickers for the paint? Those, and the red carpets were about the only thing special from what i understand

Yeah i think that's about it. There was a fairly tidy auto being advertised on ebay a few months back, & it was struggling to sell at $6000 ish, don't know if it ended up selling. There is a manual 1 on carsales at the moment, for $6,500 

I don't think its a factory M491

Yeah, rear calipers are on the wrong side of the axle for it to be the turbo trailing arms you can see in one of those pictures. Looks good nick, but as someone who hasn't yet bagged a 911 I don't like the idea that a pre G50 non-factory widebody 3.2 might be worth over $50k,  Makes that nice Blue 87 supersport from Forster seem cheap,  think it was listed for $42k or so when it was sold.

Interesting..,white 85 Aussie delivered M491 optioned 3.2...with non matching numbers engine...looks horn

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1985/SSE-AD-3056354

The long time lookers need to get on the case here. Non matching numbers not great but not fatal. If it is a genuine M491 then this is a good bit of kit at the right price. The colour combo is good, km ok , condition looks not bad in photos. 85 means no cat required but need to check if 231hp, 217 or 207 re-engine.

Should have the option code m491 but the best test is it should have the turbo brakes if it is genuine 491 factory widebody - calipers are at the front on the rear brakes.

IMHO m491 is the best of the Carreras, just disappointed I missed out on one when I was looking.

Well it's still being advertised.

What do you think Aust delivered matching numbers is worth these days?

The last one I saw was the white one in Qld for around $60k.

ARRRRR Can we please start using warnings on these ***Warning what you are about to see may....will cause distress**** 

I just spilled my coffee everywhere when I opened that link!!

look at that gap between the bonnet & front wing.

cp5096989796992698134.jpg?height=700&asp

It's like a 996 that ran off with an older 959 only to find out later they were closely related when a deformed offspring arrived.

I'm assuming that at some point wider wheels were fitted under those massive guards.

Still, hopefully reversible and someone somewhere will do reconstructive surgery?

ARRRRR Can we please start using warnings on these ***Warning what you are about to see may....will cause distress**** 

I just spilled my coffee everywhere when I opened that link!!

look at that gap between the bonnet & front wing.

cp5096989796992698134.jpg?height=700&asp

what i get most enjoyment from is knowing someone spend a truck load of money to achieve this..

Sat back and said "man i'm good"  :lol:

There seem to be a few of these "creations" coming on the market, perhaps a new thread titled "Salvageable wreck?" should be started. I don't know if this would be worth the time & money to turn back. The problem with this type of restoration is more often than not, to get the car in its present form, irreversible damage has been done.