Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Gotta agree with the posts saying things are bonkers for a 245k 964 C4 being listed for 6 figures.

You can have your pick of a 996 GT3/Turbo with the Mezger donk for that price, newer, faster and over time will likley be looked at as the bridging gap that made Porsche relevant again.  The 993 TT/RS' are fantastic cars which is reflected in the current asking prices for them.  I'd be interested to see what the next 993 TTS lists for, but the 996 series really made Porsche relevant and viable again.  I'd never pay a 6 figure sum for an old 964 with a 1/4 million km on it when I could have my pick of the best of the bunch of 996 GT3/turbo models for 100k.

To summarise for those of you playing at home;

A $92k 964 C4

B $95k 930

C $105k 73E targa

I'm curious to see how long these sit on the market and what they indeed end up selling for. I've been watching a few GT3's that appear to be great value and they have been sitting on the market for many months? Value maybe, demand, not so much?

I find it all very interesting and agree that a lot of the pricing seems inflated - but there still seems to be buyers out there prepared to pay, so who knows when the madness will end!

Your car?

Nope. I'd make him an offer on the plates if he was in NSW

I'm not usually a fan of guards red (apologies if I offended anyone) but I think this looks like a beast!

Check out this Porsche 930.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-930-1982/SSE-AD-3069970

Thats hot, red hot 

Guards red is the ONLY colour for a 930 IMO

To summarise for those of you playing at home;

A $92k 964 C4

B $95k 930

C $105k 73E targa   Sold!

I'm curious to see how long these sit on the market and what they indeed end up selling for. I've been watching a few GT3's that appear to be great value and they have been sitting on the market for many months? Value maybe, demand, not so much?

I find it all very interesting and agree that a lot of the pricing seems inflated - but there still seems to be buyers out there prepared to pay, so who knows when the madness will end!

And the winner is C.  Next?

It will be interesting to find out what's involved in a $10,000 "major service". Surely that's more reconditioning/rebuild than "major service"!

BTW: Good luck with your search.

I too thought about that 996 as well Marvin, if he's spent $10 grand on it and he's a dealer, i'll bet he didn't part with much cash to get it, research, research.

Oh best check the vin to be certain it wasn't a targa. :ph34r:

I looked at this 996 on Monday. It drove fine, although I just pootled around the eastern suburbs in the rain.

The car had been traded some time ago, in 'neglected' condition and the $10k 'service/reconditioning' included RMS, IMS, engine mounts, oil separator, clutch and flywheel (!), a major service, and sundry other bits. It's in slightly scruffy condition visually, paint chips, both rear wheels lightly curbed (both?) and it still needs front shocks at ~$2600. So the asking price was not unreasonable; about $4k needs to be spent to make it right. Not concourse, but acceptable. I think it's been for sale for a while, I noted the price drop from $44k to $40k last week.

It passed the PPI today with no surprises, and I bought it. The only other car that I looked at that did it for me was $53k and that had (minor) flaws, was a second choice color and $14000 dearer... I could have hung out for the Savannah interior but the black looks longer lasting.

Now I'm impatient as hell to get into town and collect it!

The red 930 is on its way to Melbourne. Sold.

There you go, again just like that.

Will be keeping an eye on the final contestant being that 964, although I don't see it moving quickly at 92k but you never know.

Agreed! Theyre bound to go up very soon.

Not a big fan of Targas here, and my missus is a V8 Mustang/ Camaro loving bogun, and doesnt really care for my 912, yet she likes Targas and told me I should get one to add to the collection

If its a Porsche, I'm not about to say no am I?

(The black 67 Camaro for 37k on Ebay is tempting though!)