Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

A friend sold a 98 black on black 993S two months ago for $170k. This car could not be faulted but was sold off market so he could've possibly done better?

The 993 S price has increased from $185k to $200k in a week!

if 993S's are going for $200k, what is a 993T now worth? two weeks ago two sold in the Throttle Shop for around $200k and some were saying this was ridiculous as 6 months ago they were going for $150k. Are we now measuring price inflation in days not months?

if 993S's are going for $200k, what is a 993T now worth? two weeks ago two sold in the Throttle Shop for around $200k and some were saying this was ridiculous as 6 months ago they were going for $150k. Are we know measuring price inflation in days not months?

Even the taxi driver told me today to invest in a 993TT.

The 993 S price has increased from $185k to $200k in a week!

If a 993 S can sell for $200k, then surely this non-S has to represent good value?

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1996/SSE-AD-3168905/?Cr=3

Has anyone seen this car?  I am curious to know why it is still on the market.

Fraz,

It's been for sale for a while now so the odds are that it will be still be sale when you get to see it.  If you look closely at the photos it indicates that it has been...um....how to put this nicely....fiddled with and not in a good way!

I don't know your intentions or expertise but suggest you tread carefully with this one.

Looks nice in the pics. I called the guy sounds like a genuine sort of bloke.

I just can't get there until the weekend. I suspect it will be gone by then.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1979/SSE-AD-3319434

It's not very original - wide body conversion, Simmons wheels, recaro seats, and it's a German import converted to RHD. Therefore the buy-it-at-any-cost crowd probably won't swarm, and you might get the chance to look at it and make up your mind.

Red, wide body, recaros...already converted...would make a great base for a project car/hot rod that you could modify without worrying about resale or be a slave to originality.

Tatty '77 UK import 911 for $35,000.

Nice. Rather partial to silver with bright door frames.

The first 6 photos of it at the 'Ring are a cool inclusion in the advert too.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1977/SSE-AD-3300781/?Cr=5

Sold in 6 days - and not too far off from asking $$$

Nice bloke selling it, though did it need work based on the PPI. Whoever bought it ( sight unseen) either knows something I don't or will get a rude shock over next few months.

These 993 prices are driving me nuts.

So................

FOR SALE

1995 Carrera-4 Yes that's right. No two wheel drive crap. 4WD just like the TURBO!!!!!

142,000 km. Proven performer that is driven regularly so seals won't dry out. (Can wiz the clock back and supply fraudulent log books if required.)

6 Speed manual gear box with FD Motorsports Golden Rod and semi solid transmission mount.

RS engine mounts

RS strutt brace

RS short shift

RS Speedine imitation wheels.

RS ride height (well pretty close with the Bilstein PSS10s) This car is almost an RS. So close in fact that someone with no Porsche knowledge wouldn't know the difference.

Dunlop Direzza-2 Star Spec. Very little tread left due to the last Canberra SMT but enough to pass dodgy road worthy!

Original paint.........lets just call it "patina".

Incredibly resilient clutch which I thought I'd need to change three years ago.

Amazing service history with last service in Steve Porter's garage!

This car is a tried and proven performer which has developed quite a reputation amongst an elite group.

Due to the incredible aural nature of the Fister Stage-3 exhaust it can be heard before it arrives making it one of the safest cars on the road. And if you get into trouble you can rely on the two air bags because there ain't none of that PASM crap to take away the real driving experience.

If required a test drive can be arranged at my convenience and at a time suitable for my nominated test driver T-2!!!

PPI can be arranged at a nominated workshop of my choice. Preferably somewhere in the northern suburbs.

It is no secret that these cars are appreciating faster than the stock value of a "Blue Sky Mine", so this is an amazing opportunity to secure a very rare but only slightly molested example.

I figure that based on the way the Carsales results at going that, the less photos, the more I can ask!!! That explains why no photos here.

So, if you've got a few lazy bucks floating around give me a call and make me a stupid offer, or will accept a straight swap for a 997.2 Turbo!!!

........ a few lazy bucks floating around give me a call and make me a stupid offer, or will accept a straight swap for a 997.2 Turbo!!!

Don't do it, It hasn't peaked yet - hold off 3 months, at the current pace of air cooled inflation it will be a straight swap for a 991 Turbo....

So................

FOR SALE

1995 Carrera-4 Yes that's right. No two wheel drive crap. 4WD just like the TURBO!!!!!

142,000 km. Proven performer that is driven regularly so seals won't dry out. (Can wiz the clock back and supply fraudulent log books if required.)

6 Speed manual gear box with FD Motorsports Golden Rod and semi solid transmission mount.

RS engine mounts

RS strutt brace

RS short shift

RS Speedine imitation wheels.

RS ride height (well pretty close with the Bilstein PSS10s) This car is almost an RS. So close in fact that someone with no Porsche knowledge wouldn't know the difference.

Dunlop Direzza-2 Star Spec. Very little tread left due to the last Canberra SMT but enough to pass dodgy road worthy!

Original paint.........lets just call it "patina".

Incredibly resilient clutch which I thought I'd need to change three years ago.

Amazing service history with last service in Steve Porter's garage!

This car is a tried and proven performer which has developed quite a reputation amongst an elite group.

Due to the incredible aural nature of the Fister Stage-3 exhaust it can be heard before it arrives making it one of the safest cars on the road. And if you get into trouble you can rely on the two air bags because there ain't none of that PASM crap to take away the real driving experience.

If required a test drive can be arranged at my convenience and at a time suitable for my nominated test driver T-2!!!

PPI can be arranged at a nominated workshop of my choice. Preferably somewhere in the northern suburbs.

It is no secret that these cars are appreciating faster than the stock value of a "Blue Sky Mine", so this is an amazing opportunity to secure a very rare but only slightly molested example.

I figure that based on the way the Carsales results at going that, the less photos, the more I can ask!!! That explains why no photos here.

So, if you've got a few lazy bucks floating around give me a call and make me a stupid offer, or will accept a straight swap for a 997.2 Turbo!!!

"This car represents great value as direct swap for water cooled engine variant"

If a 993 S can sell for $200k, then surely this non-S has to represent good value?

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1996/SSE-AD-3168905/?Cr=3

Has anyone seen this car?  I am curious to know why it is still on the market.

Good question Doug... it seems cheap at $95K when the only other manual coupe on carsales is the $200K S....everything else is a tip, or a cab, or heaven forbid...a tip-cab!

Oooh I'm pretty sure this was for sale about erm 18months ago.

I was in love with it then and am now.  Ugh friggin wish I had a job NOW 

cp5514257947789347044.jpg?height=700&asp

And look a photo I prepared earlier - ie last time it was for sale. Same car?????

bd6b90723ac76901cbb1ca3173bfba69_zpsc784