Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

CarSales now have a daft new feature called Comment Kickstarter that prompts people with zero marketing or copywriting skills with an auto-generated ad based on manufacturer specs...so they all end up sounding ridiculous.  Some try to edit it a little and just make it worse.

'this cars' got it all, including a dense owner

Wow, tough crowd. Serious buyers will judge the car, not people's literary skills.

It's true though - central locking is an exciting feature.

airbags get good coverage aswell.

As did " Front & rear power windows"

yep, tough crowd

At least the guy took more that one photo!!!!!!!!!!!

CarSales now have a daft new feature called Comment Kickstarter that prompts people with zero marketing or copywriting skills with an auto-generated ad based on manufacturer specs...so they all end up sounding ridiculous.  Some try to edit it a little and just make it worse.

Not a patch on your Shakespearean prose.

Gents in the spirit of the intended pummelling and to counter the thinking "all Porsche owners are wankers" and to showcase our sense of social justice and community service I suggest we take up the pen in the inaugural

I'm not a wanker Porsche cup prose championship ...

I'll start a separate thread most popular gets sent to the vendor of the week - man up gents

The auto generated descriptions are a pretty bad idea.

A better idea would be a copywriters marketplace where you can submit your car, and for an extra $5, get someone to do the ad copy. Carsales could then have a pool of people who sign up, and they can submit suggested ad copy. The ad purchase gets x number of versions to choose from, picks one and that person gets, say $4 for the ad copy.

Ok so maybe the numbers are wrong but you get the idea. Would be a great way for people to earn some beer money if they had some writing skills, and the ad quality on carsales would jump sharply upwards.

Taking it further you could also have an e-lance type of market for car photographers, where you could register interest in someone taking the photos for you, and that could match with photographers registered for your local region. Though I doubt the volume would be there for that.

The auto generated descriptions are a pretty bad idea.

A better idea would be a copywriters marketplace where you can submit your car, and for an extra $5, get someone to do the ad copy. Carsales could then have a pool of people who sign up, and they can submit suggested ad copy. The ad purchase gets x number of versions to choose from, picks one and that person gets, say $4 for the ad copy.

Ok so maybe the numbers are wrong but you get the idea. Would be a great way for people to earn some beer money if they had some writing skills, and the ad quality on carsales would jump sharply upwards.

Taking it further you could also have an e-lance type of market for car photographers, where you could register interest in someone taking the photos for you, and that could match with photographers registered for your local region. Though I doubt the volume would be there for that.

So average Joe Blgg is going to employ a photographer and a copywriter to fancy up his $60 carsales ad?

That will take off.

As a marketing exercise the Carsales auto texts are working perfectly, everyone is talking about them, thus getting more exposure for the adds. The add hits must be through the roof!

So average Joe Blgg is going to employ a photographer and a copywriter to fancy up his $60 carsales ad?

That will take off.

A mate selling an F355 Spyder paid me to professionally shoot the car before putting it on Carsales. I charged him $300 and he sold it within a week sight unseen to a buying in Melbourne for what was then top dollar for the car. 

It never ceases to amaze me how many people try to sell a $200K+ car with out of focus photos taken on their iphone. Nobody needs an F355. You are selling a life style or a dream. Make it look like one. 

Getting quicker. No way we could criticise the ad, let alone re-write it.

Tomorrow's car will be sold before the person decides to list it.