Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

DJM's old car by the looks of it....................

I can remember two and a half years ago thinking I can't be bothered flying to Perth to buy it for $52k.

The RS frills put me off too.

Whodathunk!

Edited by Peter M
memory clarifications

1990 964 C2 (RS look) $125k

Saw this on the last Autohaus Hunter Valley run.

1990 Porsche 911 Carrera 2 964 Manual         

well

"Car does not show any signs of accidental repair."

i hate it when I go in the garage, trip on the toolbox and accidentally repair my car.  I much prefer deliberate repair with a plan in mind.

speaking of imported c2s, did twood ever sell his?

True thatB)...and a C4... driven by a lady:ph34r:

what you think about the price T? is it worth $35k more than your C4?

depends on what you think of:

1. the RS additions, which did look good and I would think about doing to mine

2. The SA factor

I'll take one fitty for my Oz delivered lower km car!

*not really

Realistically a low km Oz C2 should be expecting $120k+ so not far away...

Also, I never get the logic of incorrectly badging your car, like sticking m3 badges on a 318i.  Who are you fooling, yourself?  Passers by who wouldn't know the difference between an RS, c2 or c4?  Other enthusiasts?

Even Nikes wont help you run faster ;)Anymore than a wide body .

And we all know Red Bull doesn't give you wings. 

Enthusiasts can be cruel!

I don't like how the owner (of the African 964) mentions all that nonsense that makes his car seem superior (calling out C4 owners) to all else and woop-de-doo theres a couple badges on the wheels and the back - yet there is no sign of performance/interior to contribute towards the badging...

At the end of the day, an import is more difficult to sell, especially at his asking price.

Just my 2c

I don't like how the owner (of the African 964) mentions all that nonsense that makes his car seem superior (calling out C4 owners) to all else and woop-de-doo theres a couple badges on the wheels and the back - yet there is no sign of performance/interior to contribute towards the badging...

Just my 2c

Currently owning both C4 and C2 I can confidently say that a well sorted C4 (Bilstein suspension, RS clutch, LWF, SW chip, fresh rubber...) is a significantly better drive than a standard C2, track or road. When we only take one car out the C4 gets the nod most trips (sound from the cup pipe doesn't hurt either:D).

So what did we learn in the C2 v C4 battle: like a broken record, condition (plus mods) is king!

At the end of the day, an import is more difficult to sell, especially at his asking price.

Just my 2c

it may yet go to the uK, where they aren't as squeamish about imports but still like their RHD.

I know someone who looked at this and he said near to mint and they are negotiable,   $98K AUD or 44.9 ish GBP

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/porsche/911-964/porsche-911-carrera-4-manual/4619847

I have been in a dozen places whilst here in the UK just cruising and tyre kicking , I have asked them outright and they comment to me , they love our cars when there is scarecity in their market in the new models and they love the our classics genrally for no rust.  Mostly they have said to me they are not seeing SC's , 3.2 , 964 etc as much of an oportunity to them , although they are too selling therse cars to people wanting the air cooled experience and wanting to mod cars or enter the PCar ownership..

There are more than 200 964's for sale here in the UK at the moment 

Without also taking this too much of theme , there are a lot of GT3's too .. not cheper but there are a lot , where as I know someone via some who due to competition in getting into an RS and the sheer ratio of buyers vs allocations paid $100k over list for his car..

Where as , by comparison the number of buyers and the largish allocation of some special cars in OZ makes them more accesible in some ways to us.

The bloke in question in my discussion has no momey boundary , with a Singer in order but has up to now get noticed by dealers to get on their waiting lists

I think we have an inflated market but it is what it is

Anyway , be an enthusiast not just a speculator is my motto,

Buy cars, burn fuel , make stylish traffic… get out there folks …see you in my rear view mirror and online I hope

DJM's old car by the looks of it....................

yep just checked my photos, same car.  over last 2 years it's been $51k to 63 to low 80s and now 125k.  KTec did PPI for me and summary was its a tight, clean non crashed car, better than most.  

for the record I didn't buy intentionally to flip.  The guy I sold it to appears to have quickly painted and flipped.  So what, smarter than the rest of us! Current owner has had it maybe a year?

IMG_0203.jpg

60693c5_20.jpg

I'm all for tributes and replicas as long as the go matches the show.  Badge engineering an otherwise stock car always seems to me like a pair of socks in the trouser leg.

so add 10hp to match an RS and you'd be happy?  that shouldn't be too difficult.

as for the Oz delivered thing, it was great for me because it allowed me to buy the car for $51k while everyone else chewed their fingernails stressing about SA delivery.  Same spec from same factory and similar dry climate.  Who cares....?

yep just checked my photos, same car.  over last 2 years it's been $51k to 63 to low 80s and now 125k.  KTec did PPI for me and summary was its a tight, clean non crashed car, better than most.  

for the record I didn't buy intentionally to flip.  The guy I sold it to appears to have quickly painted and flipped.  So what, smarter than the rest of us! Current owner has had it maybe a year?

IMG_0203.jpg

60693c5_20.jpg

so add 10hp to match an RS and you'd be happy?  that shouldn't be too difficult.

as for the Oz delivered thing, it was great for me because it allowed me to buy the car for $51k while everyone else chewed their fingernails stressing about SA delivery.  Same spec from same factory and similar dry climate.  Who cares....?

Looks like a stunning car here! At least make it a little cheaper since it's an SA so I/we can afford it.. :lol:

Yeah and it's had a full repaint last year so must be schmick.

the next guy will swap RS badge for 2 and refit flags and D90s, jack it up and flip for $150k!

It was a nice car and would have loved to taken it off your hands, unfortunately timing wasn't right. It was from that point I knew I wanted a 964, although the encounter was brief it left quite an impression! 

Its strange that it's been through 2 other owners in such a short period of time, chasing the money I guess. 

Currently owning both C4 and C2 I can confidently say that a well sorted C4 (Bilstein suspension, RS clutch, LWF, SW chip, fresh rubber...) is a significantly better drive than a standard C2, track or road. When we only take one car out the C4 gets the nod most trips (sound from the cup pipe doesn't hurt either:D).

So what did we learn in the C2 v C4 battle: like a broken record, condition (plus mods) is king!

Yeah, ah ha.  Iniquitous comparison typically perpetrated by a C4 owner with too many drive shafts to contend with. :P

Realistically a low km Oz C2 should be expecting $120k+ so not far away...

I'll sit tight for the straight swap opportunity on a minty 996 GT3 RS*.  :wacko:

*azif

Edited by KGB