Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

I've been looking for a 928 for a while now, strictly 1st gen without spoilers as I have always liked that simple look. Spotted a car whilst walking the dog a few weeks back. 

A few notes on the windscreen followed, then ultimately made contact via a local workshop.  A deal was struck and I brought it home yesterday.  

Aussie delivered 1981 4.5, manual, sunroof delete, platinum metallic and still on the orignal phone dials (another requirement). Pretty chuffed, even liking the Berber trim!

check for water damage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bodVVtqmbZE

Sadly the horse has bolted for these too.  You won't find a decent 308 GT/4 with books, tools and a stack of records for less than 6 figures now.  $60K will buy you a rotten, deferred maintenance nightmare that will be a further $60K away......from being a $60K car.

Of course I'm making a judgement regarding the standard of 308 GT/4 you'd be happy with, but if you want a turnkey, no stories car, $60K won't cut it.

They are a fabulous car when sorted, but you must buy a good one...and most aren't.  They're the Carrera 3.0 of the Ferrari stable.

This one looks ok for $70K. I think the handbrake may need adjusting though :) http://www.carpoint.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?R=SSE-AD-3593568&Cr=0 

I wonder if the aircon on 308gt4s works or not?

that shape has a real simple beauty to it that makes the 308gtb seem well overstyled in comparison.

mid mounted small capacity v8...mmm

that is a lot of cool car for $70k

in comparison - for $120k - a lot of non working, burnt to shit P-car :)http://www.classicthrottleshop.com/car8.html

yeah but what about that 996 turbo motor?  Nice home for it?

new bench mark pricing for 993 Turbo? At Duttons

http://duttongarage.com/Porsche-911-993-Turbo~8054

8061_zps390brce6.jpg

Sure are, asking $300k AUD.

Went for a drive in it... Little did I know that the clutch would get stuck at the bottom whilst driving... What a flipping experience. Thank you Duttons for nearly killing your customers. :angry:

Sure are, asking $300k AUD.

Went for a drive in it... Little did I know that the clutch would get stuck at the bottom whilst driving... What a flipping experience. Thank you Duttons for nearly killing your customers. :angry:

stuck...at what speed exactly ? :)

still - would have been fun. Never driven a 993 let alone a turbo

Never driven a 993 let alone a turbo

The way prices are going I doubt I ever will. 

To think this time last year we had a choice of a few 993TT's between $130k and $150k with one brave outlier at $205k

Great cars, I've had a go in a mate's one that won the people's choice at the Concours.  Even he'd say they aren't worth $300, but thats the market I guess as thats what they are trading at.  I'll stick with my GT2 I think at those prices.

The way prices are going I doubt I ever will. 

To think this time last year we had a choice of a few 993TT's between $130k and $150k with one brave outlier at $205k

Exactly, that black car in Melbourne was good value at around $200k with 28k on the clock.

Car first got stuck at about 10-20ks, then we just laid off the gas quite frightening to say the least!

Great cars, I've had a go in a mate's one that won the people's choice at the Concours.  Even he'd say they aren't worth $300, but thats the market I guess as thats what they are trading at.  I'll stick with my GT2 I think at those prices.

I've driven 993s and now 993 Turbos, would definitely say it is not worth the going rate in my honest opinion...