Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

At least these get cheaper  :P  mmm

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-2005/SSE-AD-3577229/?Cr=0

cp5569065997545003672.jpg?height=700&asp

Then again go the 996 and save a few bucks - get a daily driver :P

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1999/OAG-AD-5810636/?Cr=10

cd4633531331105585841.jpg?height=700&asp

Edited by amanda
b'cos we like pictures

Getting closer to my first p car, short list of 2 - any advice would be much appreciated.

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-2007/AGC-AD-18216520/?Cr=0

this one isn't quite as immaculate as the ad suggest - the bonnet has lots of stone chips very badly repaired - but great porsche service history.but apart from that looks awesome.

or this one

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-2004/OAG-AD-4157694/?Cr=9

which looks and sounds amazing and drives beautifully - its done 80,000 miles not kms and the service history isn't great.

I'm like a kid in a candy store.

midlife

the uk import will affect future value

stone chips can be repaired easily and a strong history is gold 

bottom line is you have the luxury of time to get a PPI to ensure there are no nasty surprises that will spoil your adventure 

you dont need to rush in, in this sector of the market   

head over heart every time until youve got enough $$$$$ that you dont give a S###

good luck 

hughesy

Getting closer to my first p car, short list of 2 - any advice would be much appreciated.

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-2007/AGC-AD-18216520/?Cr=0

this one isn't quite as immaculate as the ad suggest - the bonnet has lots of stone chips very badly repaired - but great porsche service history.but apart from that looks awesome.

or this one

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-2004/OAG-AD-4157694/?Cr=9

which looks and sounds amazing and drives beautifully - its done 80,000 miles not kms and the service history isn't great.

I'm like a kid in a candy store.

didn't realise you could get a 2004 997? 

Just went for a drive with a mate that just bought a 2006 997s with less than 60,000kms. Paid $95k I think. Great condition, good looking car

Nope that one was sold to an enthusiast and not a dealer! :D

Im gonna make you my melbourne buyer… bastard…….   I say that with envy ;)

Im coming down next month , to go to tassie and do some stuff , Im gonna demand a walk round that garage ..

you got the White GT3 and the 930 , I would have grabbed .. good on you guys

Midlife I would pick a well high spec oz delivered 996 s4 manual over the UK car everytime coz one day you may decide to sell it. Not  far off 996 turbo money as well.

Auto AUS 996 turbo for 79k on carsales … aint  manual , but tip with that motor it cant be that lazy ..

2004 Porsche 911 Turbo 996 Auto AWD MY04

Edited by symsy

Im gonna make you my melbourne buyer… bastard…….   I say that with envy ;)

Im coming down next month , to go to tassie and do some stuff , Im gonna demand a walk round that garage ..

Anytime Symsy :) Sharing is caring!

Auto AUS 996 turbo for 79k on carsales … aint  manual , but tip with that motor it cant be that lazy ..

2004 Porsche 911 Turbo 996 Auto AWD MY04

THAT LOOKS GOOD!

Midlife I would pick a well high spec oz delivered 996 s4 manual over the UK car everytime coz one day you may decide to sell it. Not  far off 996 turbo money as well.

if you're talking like for like at same price I agree, might as well get the local car.

but if there is a price discount with the imported car, and it's just as good (sure, some imports are not, but local delivery is not a guarantee of quality) why not buy the import and pocket the change?  Yes, when you go to sell, you'll get less money, but that is ok.  

I can't walk past the value equation with imported cars caused by the preference for local cars.  Maybe that's why I have a garage with two imported cars.

At some point, with all cars, it becomes about condition and originality rather than postcode of first delivery.  Nobody cares where a 76 turbo came from anymore, nor a 356, nor a 72S,T or E.  Condition always trumps everything in the long run.

if you're talking like for like at same price I agree, might as well get the local car.

but if there is a price discount with the imported car, and it's just as good (sure, some imports are not, but local delivery is not a guarantee of quality) why not buy the import and pocket the change?  Yes, when you go to sell, you'll get less money, but that is ok.  

I can't walk past the value equation with imported cars caused by the preference for local cars.  Maybe that's why I have a garage with two imported cars.

At some point, with all cars, it becomes about condition and originality rather than postcode of first delivery.  Nobody cares where a 76 turbo came from anymore, nor a 356, nor a 72S,T or E.  Condition always trumps everything in the long run.

CTS testing this theory trying to sell UK 930's for $180k. Condition + scarcity. Aussi delivered will always get a premium (here), but as they get bought up the imports climb in value also. Global market for the rare ones

A 930's not rare though, even in the global market.

Although I suppose there are a lot less running around now than originally rolled off the production line but thats the same as anything.

you are right - not rare in the truest sense of the word, but still appreciating in value and only ever 166 original aussi imports (less than 2000 RHD WW) so if you want one of those, not exactly common ;)

They aren't "rare". But a 930 is an instantly recognisable car and also a car that puts you into the "turbo" brotherhood.

in Australia it seems to be much rarer, and judging from the prices of both NA and Turbo 964s & 993s not forgetting 3.2L Carreras... 930 Turbos have yet to climb substantially like those others mentioned. B)

They aren't "rare". But a 930 is an instantly recognisable car and also a car that puts you into the "turbo" brotherhood.

in Australia it seems to be much rarer, and judging from the prices of both NA and Turbo 964s & 993s not forgetting 3.2L Carreras... 930 Turbos have yet to climb substantially like those others mentioned. B)

Welcome to the 'turbo brotherhood' my son :)

you are right - not rare in the truest sense of the word, but still appreciating in value and only ever 166 original aussi imports (less than 2000 RHD WW) so if you want one of those, not exactly common ;)

Yeah I get that.   Suprised that only <10% were RHD though!

I think all 911's are instantly recongnisable, espeically those with the big hips!

Not sure that they are rare here though as there are always some for sale and because they made circa 23,000 of them, Aud delivered ones maybe .  It's like calling a 996TT rare :)   I'd struggle that they were to climb to the values of say 993TTs (they made <6000 units).

Still made for driving, lots of mate's who had later cars and steered some exotic stuff love them.

Edited by 1q2w3e4r

did some research on this a while back - of course hard to know exact numbers, but confirmed 166 original RHD delivered to Australia (last ones delivered in 1985) about 1200 to the UK, and then you are left with only a few countries with RHD. South Africa would be one market. Discount Japan as all cars were LHD. That doesn't leave a lot else. This doesn't include the 3L cars, but we all know there are bugger all of them (and yes I would like one please).

I think all 911's are instantly recongnisable, espeically those with the big hips!

Not sure that they are rare here though as there are always some for sale and because they made circa 23,000 of them, Aud delivered ones maybe .  It's like calling a 996TT rare :)   I'd struggle that they were to climb to the values of say 993TTs (they made <6000 units).

Still made for driving, lots of mate's who had later cars and steered some exotic stuff love them.

Yeah, I agree that not to 993TT level, but should definitely be worth more than 993's and 3.2s at least!

Anyone got any more info or pictures on this 911 E

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1970/SSE-AD-3517235/?Cr=24

I cant raise the guy by phone just rings out and emailed even though he said he dont read it much ..

not even sure what it is or what its worth with so little info..

Maybe these car opportunities have been put your money in the jar and place your hand in the lucky dip jar to see what you get ;)

Not selling out to the completely to the darkside but this has to be good buying , whats your views …even with tip..

2008 Porsche 911 Turbo AWD 997 Auto AWD MY09  139k.. I wonder what it will sell for .. 130k . lot of car for that 

Yep you guessed it im sitting on the beach with my laptop …;) Contemplating