Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

This is the one that was on Carsales for ages. Asking $50k back then if I remember correctly. 

did anybody look at it then? Seems well priced...? 

Although if service history is in Japanese, I guess that adds somewhat to the risk. 

Lim going to have a look at it on Monday when I return to Perth.  

If anyone has spoken to the owner or researched this car previously, the info would be appreciated.

Norm,

I don't recall it geting any discussion at all on PFA when it was for sale for a long long time before.  I think the LHS steer scared the PFA'er away.

As for the Japanese service history, as long as you can read the dates and km, surely that's not a risk?

did anybody look at it then? Seems well priced...? 

Although if service history is in Japanese, I guess that adds somewhat to the risk. 

Lim going to have a look at it on Monday when I return to Perth.  

If anyone has spoken to the owner or researched this car previously, the info would be appreciated.

At 50k it was a bargain, but that was in an era (8months ago) when we had choice. Jap import status probably just means you will be getting a good deal. All old Porsches need something doing to them so the lower price you pay the better you feel. 

Norm,

I don't recall it geting any discussion at all on PFA when it was for sale for a long long time before.  I think the LHS steer scared the PFA'er away.

As for the Japanese service history, as long as you can read the dates and km, surely that's not a risk?

Peter, 

i was thinking along the lines of work required to be carried out on top of the standard service; and not being able read what it was and if it was later carried out.  But good point on the dates.  I guess if the books are in good order then that's a very good sign the previous owner looked after it.  

I know the common problem for 964 was leaking oil from around the head gasket..?  The other concern is any problems with the 4x4 system...

Norm

how's your sale going? Recon the time wasters would get to you. 

Lots of ridiculous low ball offers, more than 30 odd phone conversations plus more emails than I care to mention. I'm pretty sure its sold, but the guy is taking his time organising the cash. And I have had another 4 serious offers since that have been a little higher. I forgot how annoying it was to sell a Porsche 911, ha!

Lots of ridiculous low ball offers, more than 30 odd phone conversations plus more emails than I care to mention. I'm pretty sure its sold, but the guy is taking his time organising the cash. And I have had another 4 serious offers since that have been a little higher. I forgot how annoying it was to sell a Porsche 911, ha!

had a mate in Adelaide who seemed pretty tempted. More than likely one of your low ballers though ;)