Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Has anyone else noticed that the 2 x SC's at Autohaus for $95k are still there? .... what's it been? 3 or 4 weeks?

Interesting column from Stahly in the latest Wheels magazine.  He quotes Grant Geelan from Autohaus:

"There's a lot of people like you [ie Stahly] who just don't realise what your cars are worth.  Even 911SC's are selling for $80-$90,000."

Maybe he needs to heed his own advice and take $5-15k off them to make them move?:)

Grant actually goes on to talk about the clean low mileage '89 C3.2 that was advertised for $110k that we discussed here at length.  It actually sold for $118,000 as they had 5 customers fighting over it!  He also mentions they have about 35 people on a waiting list for "anything air cooled".  

Edited by Peter M

I wonder what has happened to them all then? (the waiting list people)

For "anything aircooled" to sit on the market for anything more than a day or two, tell us one of two things ....

1. It's overpriced

2. The market has stalled / slowed.

Both of those cars should have moved a long time ago .... good condition, Aussie delivered, etc.

Has anyone else noticed that the 2 x SC's at Autohaus for $95k are still there? .... what's it been? 3 or 4 weeks?

I'm pretty sure the blue SC has been up for much longer.

Not only these SC's, but the 964s, C3.o, the 996 GT3 RS and the 993 C4 at AH.

Are we starting to feel the limit of buyers appetites?

In short.. Yes. 

I think the other side of it is owners realising they will not be able to replace once sold. 

Thats true regarding not being able to replace once sold 

I know i won't be able to replace the 3 P-cars i have but 1 will have to go

Found this SC on eBay http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/161862840072?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2648&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

My SC thats for sale http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1980/SSE-AD-3633509/?Cr=1

what's with the engine re-build non matching numbers?

A replacement block on a 2.7 is not uncommon, they were just an utterly shit unit if you read up on them, cases warped, studs pulled out, it's highly likely a rebuild would have resulted in a junked block, hence the "non-matching numbers" call...still worth checking though

I'm pretty sure the blue SC has been up for much longer.

Not only these SC's, but the 964s, C3.o, the 996 GT3 RS and the 993 C4 at AH.

Are we starting to feel the limit of buyers appetites?

I think what we are seeing is the frenzy for 'anything air cooled' slowing down.

The 'preferred cars' (aus del, matching, under 200 kms, C2 manuals, non sportos, good history, originality, etc, etc) still seem to be selling quickly at a high price.

If you look at carsales for example, (especially the later air cooled cars) it's the C4's, the tips, the high kms, the modified turbos and the imports (EG, the 2 964's) that are hanging around - giving the impression the market has stalled. There is a glut, but it's for the tier 2 and 3 cars.

I also think that as a lot of great cars have been purchased over the past year, there are now less people in the market looking to buy. Which is why the good cars now seem to last up to a week before selling, rather than 1 day ;). Less people fighting over them...

I think what we are seeing is the frenzy for 'anything air cooled' slowing down.

The 'preferred cars' (aus del, matching, under 200 kms, C2 manuals, non sportos, good history, originality, etc, etc) still seem to be selling quickly at a high price.

If you look at carsales for example, (especially the later air cooled cars) it's the C4's, the tips, the high kms, the modified turbos and the imports (EG, the 2 964's) that are hanging around - giving the impression the market has stalled. There is a glut, but it's for the tier 2 and 3 cars.

I also think that as a lot of great cars have been purchased over the past year, there are now less people in the market looking to buy. Which is why the good cars now seem to last up to a week before selling, rather than 1 day ;). Less people fighting over them...

Very true... The good and desirable models seem to go quick, I know cause I'm still searching for that little extra something which is still a void. 

The quality of cars present atm is very questionable.

So with 81 viewers , been on the market for a few weeks and a Over Rev replace...

A slowing market , I might be getting close to my 180k budget then on a watercooled then , or should I spank the credit card also.

Its funny how a lack of confidence affects this emotional market so much.. the same as the C4S repaired obvously to meet specifications at 49k

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-2011/SSE-AD-3641798/?Cr=3 Heres hoping for a lower price :)

Its white forgive me , market over rev come on down I say

So with 81 viewers , been on the market for a few weeks and a Over Rev replace...

A slowing market , I might be getting close to my 180k budget then on a watercooled then , or should I spank the credit card also.

Its funny how a lack of confidence affects this emotional market so much.. the same as the C4S repaired obvously to meet specifications at 49k

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-2011/SSE-AD-3641798/?Cr=3 Heres hoping for a lower price :)

Its white forgive me , market over rev come on down I say

Great looking car!  

Being a 2010 and rebuilt by Porsche... I'm sure its got its factory warranty still. So I wouldn't be too concerned to be honest about the over rev providing all the right parts were replaced during the rebuild, those mezgers are designed to be rebuilt over and over again. 

As always due diligence needed ^^ 

What is dangerous is not knowing a cars type 2 history and on being on the verge of failure... at least you know this one popped :lol: 

Great looking car!  

Being a 2010 and rebuilt by Porsche... I'm sure its got its factory warranty still. So I wouldn't be too concerned to be honest about the over rev providing all the right parts were replaced during the rebuild, those mezgers are designed to be rebuilt over and over again. 

As always due diligence needed ^^ 

What is dangerous is not knowing a cars type 2 history and on being on the verge of failure... at least you know this one popped :lol: 

As a man of experience , can you tell them its way to hotter a price and to accept my low ball ;) He said outloud when it should have remained in his head 

Confidence knocks and not engine knocks are way more severe and should warrant a significant discount

Edited by symsy

As a man of experience , can you tell them its way to hotter a price and to accept my low ball ;) He said outloud when it should have remained in his head 

Confidence knocksa dn not engine knocks are way more severe and should warrant a significant discount

You've spoken to the owner? :) 

We can have PFA give him an influx of lowball offers if it helps your cause? :D