Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Its the same car that was for sale last year and ended up being pulled from the market. I've spoken with Luke previously, seems like a nice guy, genuine seller - will be interesting to see what the market thinks the cars worth. 

Some more details here;

http://www.typ901.org/showthread.php?p=71901

No reason , and maybe will help good original mechanically sorted but needs a lick of paint examples like mine (FS) fetch a fair price.

Hey everyone, last time I was on this thread 964 C2's were still going for $60K. I am now again looking to purchase an air cooled, Aus delivered P-car in the next 12 or so months.

With prices as they are, I think a 3.2 would be the best bet for my first foray into P-car ownership. I think the 84-85 are what I would be looking at. For a decent Aus del specimen, is $70K what one is looking at now?

Have looked back a fair few pages and did not see these cars discussed. I think they have been up for a little while now. What's the consensus here?

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1984/SSE-AD-3808951/?Cr=0

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1985/SSE-AD-3806896/?Cr=1 

Cheers, Tom.

Hey Tom,

If you aren't looking to buy for the next 12 months, there is no point worrying about values now. The air cooled have almost tripled in the last 12 months .... who knows what they will do in the next 12.

Those 2 examples seem decently priced for Aussie delivered models. I would have said $80k - $90k.

Good luck with finding "the one" .....

This SC has been up for a while and I believed mentioned earlier. It is Aussie delivered, "log book history" and very well priced given the market and sub 200k km odo reading.

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-1979/OAG-AD-12539068/?Cr=17

cd5520225482709021433.jpg?aspect=FitWith

What gives you think? Why has this not been snapped up? The colour is not eye catching but neither is it offensive, other than a tear on the driver's seat, the car appears to present well. Has anyone looked at this? 

that is a great colour. price is certainly more palatable than some i've seen recently

Agreed, I quite like the colour. I think it is Forrest Green? in the sunshine and with a coat of Wax, I think this would look great. 

This SC has been up for a while and I believed mentioned earlier. It is Aussie delivered, "log book history" and very well priced given the market and sub 200k km odo reading.

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-1979/OAG-AD-12539068/?Cr=17

cd5520225482709021433.jpg?aspect=FitWith

What gives you think? Why has this not been snapped up? The colour is not eye catching but neither is it offensive, other than a tear on the driver's seat, the car appears to present well. Has anyone looked at this? 

do SC speedo's go to 300kmph? - I though that was a Turbo exclusive thing?

do SC speedo's go to 300kmph? - I though that was a Turbo exclusive thing?

I think I mentioned this one before earlier in the thread ..... you are correct. That speedo is from a 930.

It is definitely not original to this car, so who knows how many k's it actually has. 

On the SC, the speedo should go to 250 (numbered to 240, then 1 more notch to 250).. it was increased slightly on the 3.2 Carreras. 

That speedo though is quite rare and also valuable.

I think I mentioned this one before earlier in the thread ..... you are correct. That speedo is from a 930.

It is definitely not original to this car, so who knows how many k's it actually has. 

On the SC, the speedo should go to 250 (numbered to 240, then 1 more notch to 250).. it was increased slightly on the 3.2 Carreras. 

That speedo though is quite rare and also valuable.

So essentially 'you' are the reason this car hasn't sold then? ;) 

Green SC needs some work. Wrong seats, cheap carpets, non-original gear knob, hand break grip, dash cover and steering wheel etc etc...

Copper Bronze SC with the studio photos now sold. That looked to be a very nice example.

The copper car looked amazing, anyone know what the asking and or selling price was?

Green SC needs some work. Wrong seats, cheap carpets, non-original gear knob, hand break grip, dash cover and steering wheel etc etc...

Copper Bronze SC with the studio photos now sold. That looked to be a very nice example.

that really doesn't sound like much work to be honest haha