Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Suspect we were all either speed dialling ( including me) , and felt too furtive/guilty  to post our findings here or maybe we were right royally jacked by mr fingers ... Cue turbo

there could quite well be some truth to this, I've definitely been guilty of it in the past. 

Word on the street, said 74 Carrera Targa is missing compliance plate, books, etc :ph34r:

Maybe the owner was trying to create an auction frenzy all along so people wouldn't do their proper checks?

Saw it coming a mile away.......Stems from my jaded gumtree experiences. 

Not sold.  Dutch auction running, but most likely soon to appear on ebay.

No surprises there, will be watching how it plays out with interest. You know what they say, "if it's too good to be true......."

Something that continues to amaze me is people not bothering to make a decent ad with decent photos,....??!! http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/adelaide-cbd/cars-vans-utes/porsche-928s4-t-bar-auto-5lt-v8/1115801863

"All serious buyers should make me an offer" well go on then ;)

Anyone having trouble with carsales of late? I cannot get into their website and have had a few issues over the past couple of days?

Just to balance the ledger, in terms of decent ad photo's, note below link

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/SSE-AD-2173864?WT.seg_4=PriceAlert&wt.z_driver=Email_PriceAlert

You may be on to something.  Note the link appears to be shades of a winter campaign #1 based on a suite of new pics.  If you trawl about 150 pages back on this thread (ala 6 plus months ago ), you might find this same car under its summer campaign #1 along with some associated sunstroke induced hysteria commentary. The main photo in this newly invigorated campaign is  definitely an improvement (sloped on the angle of a hill could be channeling a little insight into its history).  However, I expected to see a bit less Blue Sky in the background along with the campaign equaling all time high blue sky pricing second time around.  Circa 139k seems to be common number now days

Yes, can I attest to having carsales  trouble  / issues as of late, but mainly concentrated around the car above. I'm going to nominate that car for a blue diamond award.  Most number of price changes in one week for any Porsche referenced in this thread to date.  eg Summer campaign started  at 130k,  peaking at 139k and ended around 124k.  Then this week, shifting to a winter campaign blitz  with new pics,  alert 1 at 119k, alert 2 down to 109k, alert 3 up to 119k and wait for it, alert 4 back to an equaling campaign to date high of 139k.   Isn't that interesting? 

To me that is so interesting, I going to try and attempt to rationalise it and the broader market ?

Enter the realm of the BOT on car sales infecting the psyche of the seller's price setting via artificial intelligence that is triggered by an automated please confirm digital message from car sales  to agree to advertise at this price.  I reckon the BOT (algorithm)  used by a possible insider trader / manipulater of the lithium stock I brought resulted in stock prices this week  that are a near perfect correlation to the movement in the above advertised prices. I have a feeling the BOT has been licensed to car sales and I have caught out a live pilot program being rolled out, hence the reason for troubles of late on the site.

I also think I have some insight on  basis of algorithm.   I am going to coin it the "9XX UV duco index" factor.  This week,  looks like a few clouds in the sky at the start of the week, low levels of UV absorbed on that blue duco and the price drops.  As the clouds and buyers float away, blue skies are upon us and the duco is exposed to higher levels of UV  pushing up the index along with the advertised price.   Bit of a heat wave experienced earlier in the week comparative wise for this time of the year, but now the chill has set in.  The blue duco on the 996 has been insulated in the garage and is still glowing from its overdose of UV during the week.   I'm predicting the price will soon be realigned with the algorithm's prediction very soon. Not up folks but back down again, probably to 119k

Irrespective of whether the BOT's in play or the new photo bomb campaign cuts the mustard, the problem with BOT's and artificial intelligence and the new winter advertising campaign is that their is no substitute for getting up close and personal.  The downside of getting into bed with a faraway princess after being attracted from a far, is you discover the crown jewels up for sale  are not worth as much as what her siblings and cousins are sporting.  Also worth substantially less than the next model up, yes the Queen and whats available from her top shelf.  Just not as shiny and sparkly when you take a closer look and when you delve on the inside, it may indicate a colourful past and the bling factor is lost. 

You also get to find out that the duco can be manipulated to artificially inflate the UV readings.  The princess in this case has been overusing the Porsche UV factor 40k plus on the duco which easily rubs off and probably not very effective when the clouds set in.  New revision to the algorithm to take out the effects of the factor 40k plus and some acceptance by the owner by hititng the confirmed button and we may not have to endure a Summer Campaign #2

Could it be, the Insto's with those shiny  illuminated light filled show rooms are artificially upping the 9XX UV Duco Index as well.  Winter's setting in folks and good time to lower your offers on those examples stored in cold and dark garages that will see lower  levels of UV exposure on the duco's  due to lower temperatures and more cloud cover . 

The algorithm is  predicting a moderate  growth in advertises prices   as we approach the summer of 2016/ 2017 and sellers taking up ANF's advise with more photo's being taken in blue skies along with matching  blue sky high advertised prices (but not to the extent of last summers prices)

I think TurboT's a wise man and cottoned on earlier and adds a new dimension to the algorithm not yet included by the BOT,  eg  buy counter cyclical during the autumn / winter months in OZ and that may entail keeping an open mid on O/S delivered examples and  travelling  abroad to get your hands on some duco that isn't affected locally by over application of the  Porsche UV plus factors even after allowing for any FX anomalies whilst also tinkering into the sea container acquisition business

The obvious and tell me something I don't know mantra for which the algorithm is founded upon is:

"Buy dull in winter based on offering lower prices ( Porsche UV Duco index factor at is its lowest)  and advertise shiny in summer at a highs (Porsche UV Duco index factor at is highs) based on a 10% discount to the insto's. 

This blue 996 turbo is now tarnished with same brush as the heavily modified 996 turbo in Perth as I see it.  Two peas in a pod, sporting the wrong shells.   I can feel a strategic alliance coming on.  Eg Mutual meeting  in Adelaide (1/2 way between Wollongong and Perth) for a two day drivetrain transplant.   Modified motor much suited in the blue 996 turbo.  Then need a rubber mallet to assist with banging each owners head together to come up with a new marketing campaign to actually convert the cars into some cash. I reckon 2  for 1 offer.  Buy the Highly modified blue 996 turbo for 200k (yes dyno sheet to show three runs at over 700hp are available on request) and well throw in a stock silver 996 turbo as a spare 

Edited by smit2100

1991 944 S2 now listed with CTS - $36k - looks nice, as it should at that price, but I have a sense of deja vu - didn't they have a red S2 for sale not long ago?

Anyway, will be passing by on Monday and will have a look - if its still there - these don't seem to hang around

my new 944 is a blast, what a great drive, never driven one ? sensational fundamentals, get on while you can :lol:! Seller received a heap of enquiries .... 

Your a bit late getting up mate … my cars sitting in the driveway with the turbo timer running waiting to put its feet up for the morning , just doing some hip flexing exercises and stretches whilst the coffees brewing

Done its two hundred KMH pressup and all 

Great%20Arse%202015_zpsypg3lqte.jpg

Your a bit late getting up mate … my cars sitting in the driveway with the turbo timer running waiting to put its feet up for the morning , just doing some hip flexing exercises and stretches whilst the coffees brewing

Done its two hundred KMH pressup and all 

Great%20Arse%202015_zpsypg3lqte.jpg

so the Byron Bay pot delivery van is up for sale??

Is cos they got one already

maxresdefault.jpg

LOL, not sure if that was directed at me or not.. I am not flipping cars, just trying to get into a coupe, no targa or convertible and share whatever else I stumble accross along the way.. Hopefully I grab one soon, cash is waiting for the right car.. But yes, I do have a pedal car and lovin' every minute of it haha! 

LOL, not sure if that was directed at me or not.. I am not flipping cars, just trying to get into a coupe, no targa or convertible and share whatever else I stumble accross along the way.. Hopefully I grab one soon, cash is waiting for the right car.. But yes, I do have a pedal car and lovin' every minute of it haha! 

Not directed at anyone , except those of us with "sunroof delete" green machines having fun with our toys :) which happen to have pedals.

IMG_4752.jpg

7E4F7895-F0CF-4155-9E96-687057432DAE_zps

Think I just got a lesson in how the unsuspecting seller who lists an old Porsche up too cheap feels...

Put an old HQ 308 1 Tonner i've had in storage for about 10 years up on carsales late yesterday and phone has blown up!

I might have to relist at double the price!

What is the market price for HQ's?  @smit2100 my valuation algorithim is up the shit!  

Think I just got a lesson in how the unsuspecting seller who lists an old Porsche up too cheap feels...

Put an old HQ 308 1 Tonner i've had in storage for about 10 years up on carsales late yesterday and phone has blown up!

What is the market price for HQ's?  @smit2100 my valuation algorithim is up the shit!  

What sort of condition? Any rust? What did you list it for??

long hood in the back?