Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

As a quarter lederhosen boy myself, I grew up around the corner in Mt Barker and my parents live in Hahndorf. I will have to have a look next time I am there.

I just ordered 3 for old times sake….. maybe will light up a cigar and watch the Ebay auction

Not that I am qualified to comment on the Lime green MFI Targa, but I can assure people that it is not unusual for Australian delivered 1974 and 1975  Porsche cars to arrive without compliance plates (about 1 in 5), over the years there have been various theories as to why.

Also addressing the yellow paint mention....I also noticed this on my 1975 Lime green Targa so I would suggest that is normal also.

Suspect old mate doesn't know what he has and is just relying on the sketchy details some the budding buyers let slip when it was first advertised.  Assuming it's all genuine saying it's one of 659 ish Carrera Targa made that year would fill out the advert copy a bit more.

Then again, this something is valuable just because it is rare shit is lost on me.  Surely if they were that good they would have made shit loads of them! LOL 

Not that I am qualified to comment on the Lime green MFI Targa, but I can assure people that it is not unusual for Australian delivered 1974 and 1975  Porsche cars to arrive without compliance plates (about 1 in 5), over the years there have been various theories as to why.

Also addressing the yellow paint mention....I also noticed this on my 1975 Lime green Targa so I would suggest that is normal also.

9ER You sound qualified and like a buyer ;) Or are you a seller?  Dont say the word flipper round here , thats as bad as eating shark fin soup .. to the Lime Green targa Greenys on this forum….  

The walls have ears..and I  can assure you I dont have ticket stubs from any air travel this week..or last

But I do have a ticket for this circus…. Go on I dare you lets get this auction running , bid 150k and I will happily bid  another 500 in $1 dollar increments to make the ebay listing stats look interesting , Or list yours along side  at starting $100k with a right to cancel the auction..

Fun is only a few clicks away…. this PFA forum just became real interesting 

Its like Gordon Gecko meets the Greedy Lime Green Targa Man, with the sticky tongue ..

Maybe MR RACE and MR LEIDERMOCHA  will play in the game

PS There is nothing on TV  to watch tonight is there ?

Remember as an Ebay buyer you can always call foul and they will willingly support you as buyer to give your money back...

PPS  What are the paypal fees on $150,000 by the way :)

good to know, that is if the alleged compliance plate is in fact missing or never been on. gives buyers some confidence if that's the case

Great Race .. I reckon it will be a little race….

Do you know the seller?  Wheres the log books , the owners manual , the tool roll , the provenance..  I reckon 150 Lime Green ones deserves that 

Hmmmm the great compliance plate illusion.. now thats one for discussion in the dirty kitchen

Its almost like the three second rule for food dropped on the dirty floor

Its like the organic food discussion, isnt or isnt it .

Or in when in a East End London Market place.

" It aint stolen darling , it just aint paid for yet "

"What did you say mate , hallmark, this is ya proper vintage stuff , of course its real , the hallmarks worn off, shows how special it is , its well loved, wont be another one …get in why you can"

Suspect old mate doesn't know what he has and is just relying on the sketchy details some the budding buyers let slip when it was first advertised.  Assuming it's all genuine saying it's one of 659 ish Carrera Targa made that year would fill out the advert copy a bit more.

Then again, this something is valuable just because it is rare shit is lost on me.  Surely if they were that good they would have made shit loads of them! LOL 

I reckon 433 Targas and 10 -15% of those would have been RHD

All this chat has made me realise that I need barter a drive of an early 70's MFI car.  Some get all gushy when they talk about the wonderful throttle response.

Be nice to see if they live up to the hype and the legend.

By the way folks ..Top Gears on … F…k the Lime Green , bubbly faced ..unlabled…scarce of provenance..but scarce.. Adelaide Shopping Trolley

and remember.. I SUGGEST CAPITALS

Good copy should be as long as a woman's skirt, long enough to cover everything but short enough to attract attention.

You have all said nothing about the advert or the Ebay listing

All this chat has made me realise that I need barter a drive of an early 70's MFI car.  Some get all gushy when they talk about the wonderful throttle response.

Be nice to see if they live up to the hype and the legend.

They are pretty snappy. 

By the way folks ..Top Gears on … F…k the Lime Green , bubbly faced ..unlabled…scarce of provenance..but scarce.. Adelaide Shopping Trolley

and remember.. I SUGGEST CAPITALS

Good copy should be as long as a woman's skirt, long enough to cover everything but short enough to attract attention.

You have all said nothing about the advert or the Ebay listing

SHUT UP ABOUT THE LIME GREEN TARGA 

Some get all gushy when they talk about the wonderful throttle response.

"My Porscha has wonderful throttle response" :lol:

Do people ever talk like that? Down here it's goes like a stabbed rat, even in posh circles! Probably because posh people don't know what a throttle actually is. 

I think "throttle response" is an expression journalists love , as they do "mellifluous exhaust note" or "silky smooth gearshift". 

Oh yes Peter , like you  I can't wait to experience that throttle response! I hope like most things this year it will be "amazing".

Any cabs worth a look?

Think I just got a lesson in how the unsuspecting seller who lists an old Porsche up too cheap feels...

Put an old HQ 308 1 Tonner i've had in storage for about 10 years up on carsales late yesterday and phone has blown up!

I might have to relist at double the price!

What is the market price for HQ's?  @smit2100 my valuation algorithim is up the shit!  

Yes the algorithm is on a roll.  Per the BOT, that Blue Diamond 996 turbo was / is back at 119k as predicted.

The HQ  should of been easy one, eg all about the 20's.  Eg Haven't seen a decent or straight HQ for twenty years as tey all got bent bumping uglies on the track.  I reckon you should of started an  ebay campaign with a reserve based on the 20's.  Eg $20  dollars  per cubic inch of motor capacity .  That's an easy $6100 reserve on ebay with the lead pitch being,  " Straightest Original HQ Body in  20 years ".  Picture showing a bit of originality would have been a treat, eg small patch of duco, buffed up with a polisher and the rest in is barn dust glory and a quick consult with ANF on the photo bomb campaign and you are wel on your way.  Then an attachment to the ebay auction ad on a few V8 holden forums and see what happens.  Lost opportunity perhaps????. 

Price Notifications

2000 Porsche 911 Turbo 996 Manual AWD MY01

Car photo

Updated at 11:43AM on 18 June
  • Manual
  • 79,000km
  • 6cyl 3.6L
  • Coupe

NOW LISTED AT

$119,000Arrow

Originally listed at

$139,00

Edited by smit2100

9x 930's up for sale - now 7.

looks like the 76 and the White one that used to be an SC have gone. Sold?

Burnt … Jewish Stocktake season commences ..10 days and counting 

Theres still a plastc residue on the forecourt in Sydney

Lucky neither of them were green

The wong Dynasty machine ..still on heally site

"My Porscha has wonderful throttle response" :lol:

Do people ever talk like that? Down here it's goes like a stabbed rat, even in posh circles! Probably because posh people don't know what a throttle actually is. 

I think "throttle response" is an expression journalists love , as they do "mellifluous exhaust note" or "silky smooth gearshift". 

Oh yes Peter , like you  I can't wait to experience that throttle response! I hope like most things this year it will be "amazing".

I certainly did on my first drive my first drive in a Porsche  (996 turbo), but along polar opposite lines

1) Throttle response (very very ordinary below 3500 rpm, those stock twin snails spool up at a snails pace comparatively speaking to what I am used to.  Don't start me on you must of had a boost leak comment

2) Stock Exhaust note = ANEMIA  

3 ) All hyped up about the silky smooth gearshift, but honestly felt as someone had put in a rifle bolt short shifter in the car compared to my daily (no question about directness,  but bring back my daily's slopplgear box, (that's way more silky smooth)

Couldn't stand it so within three hours of driving ownership, ripped off the stock exhaust and the anemia has been addressed with a 2.5 X pipe setup.  Anemica cured and white blood and red cell count improved by 100% in terms of throttle response.  However, just now feeling like a slug instead of a snail under 3500rpm

Plus off the shelf COBB tune has been purchased to help the slug before I it goes in for a kidney transplant and lets see if the 997.1 shifter mechanism yields (very happy I was advised to move away from the 997 ssk, that must be very short throws)  just a yarn of silk

Edited by smit2100

white blood and red cell count improved by 100% in terms of throttle response.  However, just now feeling like a slug instead of a snail under 3500rpm

Plus off the shelf COBB tune has been purchased to help the slug before I it goes in for a kidney transplant and lets see if the 997.1 shifter mechanism yields (very happy I was advised to move away from the 997 ssk, that must be very short throws)  just a yarn of silk

I was starting understand , until the yarn of silk bit. Can you phrase it in some silky power butt-dyno torque?