Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

It takes a special salesman to not sell a car to three people with money down... :angry:

Special in terms of likes collecting and holding onto multiple holding deposits that have been documented as fully refundable??

Edited by smit2100

It happens both ways unfortunately. I sell Bang & Olufsen items for a living. I had a pair of speakers for sale at $18,950.00 I had a guy I've spoken to at length about them negotiate a deal with me. We agreed on a price with a substantial discount and a week settlement terms.

I took them off the market, and received an enquiry two days later. The second guy offered me my full asking price if I'd sell them to him instead. I contacted the first guy to confirm he definitely was going ahead and I explained I had someone willing to pay my full price, and he said yes definitely. I told the second guy they were definitely sold.

A week later I contact the first guy as arranged, and communication basically ceased. All I got was him asking for more money off to go through with it. I contacted the second guy who in the meantime had bought elsewhere. So I was left without either buyer. They sold a few days later (after which the first guy kept hounding me asking if they were still for sale), but that's beside the point. It shows that even buyers can be scum too 

beyond a RWC ????

On Club permit plates There you go!

Woh!

Would someone be kind enough to purchase this for me please? Will give you my SC, and pay $50 per week for the rest of my life

Seems great value  in comparison to the backdates - I'd prefer a set of RSR style 15" wheels though

Sure it won't last long - How amazing would it be if the engine belonged to the pale blue 930 that was for sale last year

Edited by FAP911
more info

Beat me rafik.. Still no denying it has cut a swarthy swathe of admirers ... Just imagine it parked at a jaunty angle, kerb side,  lygon or smith st (you get the idea) and you  casually lean against it whilst sipping a piccolo? downside is you were towed there way before opening. 

With the right bit of paperwork it might get registered. Otherwise track hound... Just imagine,  you're wearing your martini liveried McQueen limited edition.... 

Mildly serous now , makings of a cool car. Road car? 

you still need RWC for club permit

This one will need to go on M plates in VIC - VASS certificate is mandatory. Cage, noise, steering wheel, belts, wheels, tank, etc

Well beyond H plates limitations, if you and your club are to be compliant.

RSR -  I have the highs and the lows and a lower price..but can you face the dramas , seems a few of us have seen this puppy and the unfortunate issues 

Someone on PFA was kind enough to share a hit list from a PPI.. I think I got a list to go with it .

If your a welder , painter , engine guy and more, you could make one mean car . M plate ..well just start at page 1 of the VS11 .. take a look at the index and the subsections and then take a photo copy of that page .. theres your work list .

One sexy damn set of parts..unless you just want to tow it to the track

This one will need to go on M plates in VIC - VASS certificate is mandatory. Cage, noise, steering wheel, belts, wheels, tank, etc

Well beyond H plates limitations, if you and your club are to be compliant.

my 356 had all of that, cage, upgrade brakes, race seats, fuel cell, harness, bigger wheels. Engineers report for about $600 and the RWC.  On H plates. But I am no experts in the rules

I find this to be a very odd 928 ad..... http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/south-yarra/cars-vans-utes/1985-porsche-928s-mechanics-being-restored-value-27k-upwards/1118958862

no photos of the car, no info other than interior may need some work and the title says mechanics being restored..... bizarre way to try and sell a car.... $27k + for it, doubt there will be much interest!

my 356 had all of that, cage, upgrade brakes, race seats, fuel cell, harness, bigger wheels. Engineers report for about $600 and the RWC.  On H plates. But I am no experts in the rules

You could give it a shot.

My 87 Carrera with a 964 turbo needed it. But I wanted to be compliant. $500 for engineers report plus RWC but I needed to do some relatively minor work - but it was a bit painful. Mine related to emissions and noise and seat belts mainly. It was on H plates before me but also before the rules changed. It was renewed under the new rules by the previous owner but sure as hell didn't comply with new rules. Handshake deal with the club - ok till something goes wrong or it gets audited.

Date of manufacture is important too - after 1968 it's more restrictive.

Here's a start:

https://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/~/media/files/documents/safety-and-road-rules/vsi33_guidelines_for_modifications_to_cps_vehicles.pdf?la=en

Edited by GUT