Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

I think the motives are probably different, between the forward dating of the past and the back dating going on now. I think a lot of the forward dating was done with the mentality of "I can look like I am driving a new 911 for half the price". For me at least, the backdating is not to make people think I am driving a million dollar genuine RSR. I am just building my ideal car.

The whole 959 thing I have never understood though. I put that in the same category as making an MR2 look like an F355 with a body kit.... Who are you fooling? 

too be honest same diff same reasons delusions desires and by degrees... RSR 959 935 RS longhoo to turbo look 996 to 997 though highly unlikely 997 to look like mk1 996 GT3

Bit like stripping wall paper in old houses 

Very tasty but surely also very expensive. If you put it back to original spec what would it be worth as a non matching numbers car? yes, you could sell off the big engine and a few other bits, but that wouldn't even pay to get the car put back. I haven't followed 912 prices, but isn't this something like $20-30k too much?

Very tasty but surely also very expensive. If you put it back to original spec what would it be worth as a non matching numbers car? yes, you could sell off the big engine and a few other bits, but that wouldn't even pay to get the car put back. I haven't followed 912 prices, but isn't this something like $20-30k too much?

I agree, very expensive but a beautiful car

I agree, very expensive but a beautiful car

I'm not very good with these cars... but from looking at the pictures, does it look like a short wheel base car?

Reason I ask, is I vaguely remember a car similar to this a couple years ago, that was converted to a lwb.. I think.... or was it the other way around? Either way, I think that car sold for 40-50... Probably not the same car...

I'm not very good with these cars... but from looking at the pictures, does it look like a short wheel base car?

Reason I ask, is I vaguely remember a car similar to this a couple years ago, that was converted to a lwb.. I think.... or was it the other way around? Either way, I think that car sold for 40-50... Probably not the same car...

yes. Believe this was the car converted to LWB. On market a long time .. some stories about it. (Whatever) and listed for about 50 eventually and sold likely around that or likely less 

The 912 advertised couldn't sell not long ago for 1/2 the price advertised. The ad says it's the only 1967 Australian delivered 912. That's incorrect. A friend owns a 1967 Australian delivered 912, it featured in many magazines in period as it was owned by a well known motoring journo. 

These ads with false info are not cool. 

The 912 advertised couldn't sell not long ago for 1/2 the price advertised. The ad says it's the only 1967 Australian delivered 912. That's incorrect. A friend owns a 1967 Australian delivered 912, it featured in many magazines in period as it was owned by a well known motoring journo. 

These ads with false info are not cool. 

But that was probably what he was told when he bought it... I believe it had roll cage and all sorts of racing bits... put back to look stockish to help it sell. Pretty sure it was bought by a car investment group... cannot remember the name of it.. they then resold it...

On Ebay - Rather exy! Deposit taken anyway so you can all keep your 2 mill in your pockets:D

Price:
US $2,149,500.00
Approximately AU $2,835,190.93
1974-Porsche-911

Holy crap! If I ever think of selling my car, I should ship it over to the US, get a LHD conversion and then tag it with $500k... no wait, make it a mill! US baby, not aussie pesos!

Hi guys,

I'm looking for a 981 Boxster S, 2013-2014 MYs. All the entries in Carsales are in the 105-115k range, excluding on-roads. For a car that's been out 4 years and that was, I think, about 160-170k new (with options), the residual values seem incredibly high. 

Are these listed prices just inflated to allow room for negotiation, or is there something I'm not getting about Boxsters?

Thanks in advance!

Have a look at this one, not a 981 but might fit your bill with lots of change, top car ...

Generally Boxsters of any type sit and sit until the price gets low enough ....  you missed by a week a 2013 S auto silver red roof and int with low ks listed price was $95k . 40% depreciation in 4 years is nothing to sniff at for a buyer, it's about right ... negotiate hard with your size 14's on, and walk away, there's always another coming along.... Great cars..