Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

It's amazing how many out there are after their quick profit.

There are six 991 GT3RS on Carsales, and nine GT4s. How many GT4 did they import, about 30?

I reckon I've seen more than half of them for sale with negligible mileage.

Pretty sad state of affairs really.

It peaked at 14 GT4s on carsales. They imported approximately 170 of them. There has only been one or two genuine sales in the last 4 months. The rest either go off the market and come back on a month later and/or a few have been traded in to dealers because the same private sale cars pop up with a dealer. They've pretty much all dropped $20-30k in the last 3 months and are still not selling. Fantasy land pricing. Wake me up when they hit $150k, I suspect the real trading price currently is around $175k.

This is rad:  https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-928-1984/SSE-AD-4580798/?Cr=86

So 80's it hurts - although somehow contemporary given the over fender craze of the past 2 or 3 years.

And this could be a good hot rod base: https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1981/SSE-AD-4582413/?Cr=62

It's amazing how many out there are after their quick profit..

Pretty sad state of affairs really.

As the saying goes , many people know the price of everything,  but not the value.

Yes , it's sad to see these things being traded as commodities and not used , but that's the rub of big city living (where we know most of the cars live as status symbols).

Not exactly bargains then 

$70k for the Twink against a guide of $45-55k. It was perfect.

The Talbot yellow 911 would've needed a repaint, it had obviously had a windows in one sometime ago and pretty much every panel had reacted paint on it somewhere but generally it was an easy driver car. Would've needed the drivers seat stitching up as well.

The red convertible was a minter, couldn't see any rust and it was cleaner underneath than the Aussie car.

Good job I didn't go along last night, I'd have ended up with the 635CSi and 280CE....

Beautiful 968 ClubSport - Is the rear wing a genuine Porsche item

Yes, that's either a factory wing, or a reproduction. I think that design was used on the 968 factory Turbos.

Not sure putting a roll cage in it enhances its value from an originality point of view, though!

Beautiful car, although highly modified, ex race car, like nearly every CS! 

I was parked near this 968CS at Rennsport.  Its not an ex race car by any stretch.  It has only ever been a street car and has been set up (very well) to do club sprints.

Love the colour matched wheels - proper early 90's.

Not sure putting a roll cage in it enhances its value from an originality point of view, though!

This is an interesting issue and it seems to me that different markets have different views on it. In the UK, there seems to be no difference in value of you have a car like that and have a half cage in it. The same seems to apply in Europe. Over here, it seems to hit the value, or at least that is what all the dealers have told me. I also believe it hits values in the USA. Fitting a full cage is a different story. I also believe that it also depends on the exact model. If it has a track focus, such as this car or a 964RS, it is more accepted than, say, a standard car.

I was parked near this 968CS at Rennsport.  Its not an ex race car by any stretch.  It has only ever been a street car and has been set up (very well) to do club sprints.

Love the colour matched wheels - proper early 90's.

only assumed it was once raced by the 2 pages worth of upgrades I read about and the 100k in receipts. Very nicely done either way!