Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

The US system has a buyers agent and a seller's agent .... neither working for the best interest of their client .....

Fixed it for you. (And yes, I have bought and sold in the US.)

Agents everywhere work in the best interests of one person only... the agent. And that means a sale at any price as quickly as possible. Which is why a buyer's agent doesn't care if you pay too much, nor does a seller's agent if you receive too little for your home.

In Australia the standard real estate business model has the following steps:

1) First, get the vendor to sign up to an exclusive listing. Say anything, promise anything, but get them to sign for an exclusive.

2) Next start showing potential buyers through. Get "feedback" for the vendor. Oh dear, the promised $1m+ now looks like $750K max...

3) Stage three: Not a wood-duck in sight, so time to start work on the vendor. Play mind games until they agree to lower their price. You actually have more leverage over the vendor than the buyers, so that's the fastest way to get the goddamned thing sold so you can move onto the next victim (er, vendor).

4) If you're really good, the poor saps will think you've done a wonderful job, and recommend you highly for all your help in selling their "problem" home (well, a "problem" as you explained to them in step 2)...

2% please! Rinse and repeat. ka-ching!

It feels like there is a slight correction going on. Everything I've been tracking the last 3 months has dropped at least 10%-15% to achieve a sale, with one exception, which has actually gone up the same amount.

The heat has transferred to the 944 market. Of last the four S2's and Turbo listed on carsales, the longest lasted just 48 hours. These beauties are red hot! ;)

(It *is* page 944...)

10blur.jpg

Edited by Plugger2

then @James P alerted me ... agreed looks like a tidy longhood and stress long hood as opposed to "oh , it's a 912" or for some that may  go "OH it's a 912"...  people's insights and prejudices as much as their perception of ranking in the P world pecking order  may have well matured..

i said for years amongst all the it can only be a six mantra a good 912 is a good longhood .. certainly I never felt diminished during years of ownership 

whose seen this Irish green beauty to offer their insights. 

Porsches in the Carpark Getting Coffee on Sunday (or whatever it was called) and amongst 991R, 991/997/996 GT3RS, 993/964 C-RS cars $300k-$1m+ and the car I were digging the most was this 912...    

Ok, I really liked the 996 GT3RS too.

Shows how interesting the market is and shows how few cars are actually being bought..  Bull market full of I made lots bullshit 

Bear market full of Oh Shit.. run away

Just a thought - maybe about 50% of the entire "collector" Pcar sellers are made up of midterm owner/flippers, (say 2 years or so) who thought they'd just keep going up once they got onboard, and also made up of longterm owners (say 3 to 10years) who also thought they'd just keep going up when they decided in mind 6 months to a year back that "I really must cash that car in soon and move onto my next toy" and "ah well when I advertise it, the phone will buzz off the hook and it'll go quick" only to find there is a fair amount of the same sellers with the same cars all doing the same thing and holding out for the perceived top price they always had in mind - and some reasonably educated "waiting buyers" just biding their time. If you look hard enough it's pretty easy to be educated and online savvy these days about what you'll pay for what you get in comparing Pcars for sale

can anyone explain why a dealer would sell a car Unregistered but with RWC.  Isn't it a simple form and payment so why wouldn't they just register it on sale?  Non reg would put plenty of buyers off I'm sure.  Oh, and the fact it's missing 2 cylinders...?

Lots of P-cars sell interstate, therefore local rego is an unnecessary expense...

I feel Gumtree is just another channel...  Maybe not the place for ultra high end cars in the $200-500K range, but in some marques it is better than carsales.

I've looking out for 1st gen WRX as a daily in the 7-15K range and there are far more on gumtree than carsales or ebay.

I think cars like this guys that are unfinished projects are right up gumtrees alley.

When you're constantly on the lookout for Porsches where do you look?  Only Porsche Centres? Only Duttons/CTS?  Only carsales?  Or across all channels, including gumtree?

I think there are a lot of eyeballs on gumtree.

His pricing strategy is another story...

Just a 2 cent view in terms of your pricing strategy and channel commentary.  I reckon you could drive an audi through your 7-15k pricing strategy on your daily aspirations, or you thinking future classic with resale on the mind and if so, may have missed the boat. eg my mail is my99/my2000 2 doors over the last couple of years % wise are up there with 993 turbo's. Been through that thought process of getting into a 1st gen wrx  and putting into action as a daily more than 15 years ago. If one eyed and stubborn, I would go my2000 EVO 4 (yes yellow) with that budget, but if you are into bang for buck (not of the P car kind,) particularly with that sort of budget , may I suggest you lift your eyes slightly further up the field, along with stumping up an extra  3k and consider  whats in the link below (scroll to the opening post in the thread).  The 3k of beer money you may have to sacrifice will be worth it in terms of smile on your dial, even for daily duties. 

Comparing the two at an elevator speech level, ( gen 1.5 wrx (only buy my99 / my 2000) vs audi stage 3 b5 s4) you just have to open and close the door, turn the steering wheel left to right once  and sit in them on a rainy Melb winters day.   I'm talking ones a tinny and not of the leaking watercraft kind.   If you then turn the key and are in motion, its truly like driving a quick billy cart vs refined sports sedan of last centuries technology.  Awd of Quattro heritage, plus recaro leather interior vs cheap momo cloth wrx seats and bose setup (don't under estimate the analogue in car sound sound from a cd with a hijacked 200 watt bose amp from an oldschool s8)  vs can't remember it was that bad in the wrx.  Plus extra 2 cylinders, plus lots more valves and an extra turbo and much more displacement if cubic inches is your thing (2.7l V6) that handles daily vacuum duties just as good as all out boost duties at over 20 odd psi and fuel economy discussions are mute.   I know said example  is a bit unique (diamond in the rough / hands down best audi colour for that model/ , gem on PAPER at least, and easy 425hp.  But torque is more of a highlight than hp in terms of an instaboosting butt dyno feel as opposed to waiting waiting and is that all it has in the wrx.  Plus its an  absolute complete sleeper, that as a package all contribute to a good value buy for your extra circa 3k outlay at the top end of your budget over a old school wrx.  Plus in 8 years never pulled over by the cops with 10 times the mods on the audi over the wrx, can't say that in the wrx (strictly tune and exhaust).

In terms of channels, no affiliation with the owner in the for sale ad in the forum sale channel referenced  except defending their set pricing in response to a tyre kickers NFI down ramp of whats  it worth  and being a fellow enthusiast that  has done stage 3 mods on a a similar base stock car with plenty of km's on the clock (bullet proof motor except for the rods when you push over circa 520hp) with a great end result.   Just need to be open minded with the high km's (priced accordingly) and maintenance isn't as scary as some people make it out to be (if well looked after , ie preventative maintenance = key and the bad wraps come from doing hardly any).  However, you do have to get used to someone having to take the front bumper off to do ANY work once the bonnet is popped open and insurance may be a tag more on an annual basis, but still taking 3 figures

http://www.ozaudi.com/forums/showthread.php/51457-FS-stage-3-Nogaro-blue-S4/page2

My comments to the b5 s4 only relate to that particular one I reference in terms of bang for buck  eg Its stage 3, (all those parts listed are required for a well sorted one and you will be stuggling to buy those parts standalone, let alone install them for the asking price) and rarely do the pop up for sale as not a lot of them around,  not withstanding you can pick up a unmessed with stock one with a lot less km's for circa 10k that I wouldn't touch unless you are going to spend 20k plus modding it.

Perhaps LeeM in SA is up for a test pilot session on your behalf for an honest indepentant appraisal (I'm predicting if its well sorted, he will rave about 2nd gear) as I am just as one eyed, biased and likely to rant and write long winded posts / essays  about a well kept  and driven stage 3 audi b5s4 for under  20k just as much as  stock 996 turbo with 6k spent on it  (tunes from only a few selected tuners and exhausts from only a  few selected suppliers) for circa 105k for an all round daily if you are looking for bang for buck and those amounts are your budgets for a daily toy.

Edited by smit2100

Maybe one of our trusted PFA analysts can do a review on the spead of our posts in this thread off topic that have occurred since before christmas and look at the meantime between waivering from the subject in hand

We could also look at the amount of time spent on cars that dont warrant a second look

Then add in Adelaide Viper green time and a few others market confusion cars aka circular excursions.

I think we will see it comes down where Im at with the current market ...Bored..  Poor Stock , Over priced , little throughput and now I preceive the market is in a transition,  a turning market where confidence is not aligned mostly with the boyant bubble of expectations.

Really when you look at its only the best of the cars , with real good condition and provennace that are selling, ther rest re getting caught in the slowing innertia.

Failing a few liquidation bargains and or mispriced fool sellers theres not much happening .

Last as we have seen in the last 48 hrs our main discussion being is a resto worth doing and now REAL ESTATE .. most of the other cars are getting bordeline in their cost to resto vs their potential sale price.  

Only passion projects will be bought perhaps for restos unless the cars are scarce models..

Anyway im off to bed , to nurse my wallet , I kept porsche melbourne afloat for another day with my repair bills paid today!!

And the hunt for more bargains starts all over again ;) God love the Pcar chase

Lots of P-cars sell interstate, therefore local rego is an unnecessary expense...

So if I have a Vic road worthy certificate that I paid for (directly / indirectly in the price of the car) , for a Vic licensed car / Vic unlicensed car  that I purchased, and I move to Queensland to register it, I can use that Vic RWC (hasn't expired)  to avoid having to meet any QLD inspection requirements when registering the car for the first time in QLD.  If the Vic RWC has no status, isn't that the point being made,  i.e  just pissed away money on the Vic RWC which could of been put to better use by pissing it away on the fuel bill on one or two SMT's after getting the car registered in QLD.  

If said RWC done and car not a candidate for club plates, agree with @DJM, makes no sense for a dealer to have one and not have the car registered / registered on sale as part of the deal. (Doesn't pass the sniff test).   I too would be put off, eg dealer could have a RWC license / is into spending time writing RWC's on cars for kicks as I thought they expire after 30 days and / or doesn't  pay for their road worthy certificates with any real money / or has a policy of moving every car on within 30 days before the roadworthy expires by hook or crook.

Edited by smit2100

Porsches in the Carpark Getting Coffee on Sunday (or whatever it was called) and amongst 991R, 991/997/996 GT3RS, 993/964 C-RS cars $300k-$1m+ and the car I were digging the most was this 912...    

Ok, I really liked the 996 GT3RS too.

PFA member (FIG?) Roni's car 

So if I have a Vic road worthy certificate that I paid for (directly / indirectly in the price of the car) , for a Vic licensed car / Vic unlicensed car  that I purchased, and I move to Queensland to register it, I can use that Vic RWC (hasn't expired)  to avoid having to meet any QLD inspection requirements when registering the car for the first time in QLD.

No, you need to get a RWC for the state in which you are registering,

A RWC is small money, and shows the car, is, well, roadworthy, even to an out-of-stater. Further, in some states (e.g., QLD), it is illegal to sell a second hand car, registered or not, if it doesn't have a current RWC (unless it is sold for parts or to a wrecker).

And if the dealer happens to sell to in-state buyer, hey presto, ready to go. If selling to an out-of-state buyer, no biggie compared to the cost of registering. (The "refund" you get back on registration is a joke -- there are so many "fees" that don't get refunded, and the actual "registration" component of the cost is quite small.) So Rob's point is valid. It would probably be quite wasteful to register the cars if there is a reasonable chance they are going out-of-state. Sniff test passes fine.

I think we will see it comes down where Im at with the current market ...Bored..  Poor Stock , Over priced , little throughput and now I preceive the market is in a transition,  a turning market where confidence is not aligned mostly with the boyant bubble of expectations.

Really when you look at its only the best of the cars , with real good condition and provennace that are selling, ther rest re getting caught in the slowing innertia.

It just looks like a bit of a correction. Prices overshot value significantly in the last 2 years. 7yr old GT cars for RRP doesn't represent value. I know we've spoken about this previously but the traditional 10yr bottom of the cycle has been broken the last 2-3yrs for no reason other than bubble economics. Supply is greater than ever, the latest RS is as rare as a 993 Turbo if these production numbers are to be believed - not rare at all.

The fundamentals are still there - retiring boomers with a bank account bouyed by bubble property wealth that they've offloaded at the right time. Dream car this and dream car that. The investors are still in the game hoping that double digit growth returns.

"The Sleazius Report" forecasts no more than a 30% dip followed by renewed optimism and a 50% uplift. Risk of shocks to the market with increased interest rates per RBA. Just get out and drive the f'ing thing already! <-- this does not represent investment advice, merely the musings of an idiot.

In Australia the standard real estate business model has the following steps:

1) First, get the vendor to sign up to an exclusive listing. Say anything, promise anything, but get them to sign for an exclusive.

2) Next start showing potential buyers through. Get "feedback" for the vendor. Oh dear, the promised $1m+ now looks like $750K max...

3) Stage three: Not a wood-duck in sight, so time to start work on the vendor. Play mind games until they agree to lower their price. You actually have more leverage over the vendor than the buyers, so that's the fastest way to get the goddamned thing sold so you can move onto the next victim (er, vendor).

4) If you're really good, the poor saps will think you've done a wonderful job, and recommend you highly for all your help in selling their "problem" home (well, a "problem" as you explained to them in step 2)...

2% please! Rinse and repeat. ka-ching!

I couldn't agree more!

By the way page 945, the good old RHD 944 ;)

36_267_04.jpg