Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Poor Porsche, crying in their soup again.  Boo f@^ken hoo. 

Simple they could build more! Its a clever marketing strategy that continues to put them in the media spotlight

No different to 997 Sport Classic and 599GTO, Enzo, La Ferrari 918 Veyron etc ( and now P1 )

I really feel for the long term loyal Porsche buyers that may have been far more deserving and would have kept it

Edited by FAP911

Simple they could build more! Its a clever marketing strategy that continues to put them in the media spotlight

No different to 997 Sport Classic and 599GTO, Enzo, La Ferrari 918 etc.

I really feel for the long term loyal Porsche buyers that may have been far more deserving and would have kept it

Live by the sword, die by the flipper. 

Riiiight.... If Porsche are so disappointed, would they have traded it back in and resold it at an appropriate used car discount off the original sticker price?

I doubts it.

In other news.... this lasted all of about 1 hour on carsales today.

Sharp looking 997S manual in guards red with factory aero kit, IMS done and 50 something thousand kays...

Screen%20Shot%202017-02-27%20at%202.28.0

God, what did that sell in a second. If anyone wants to swap a 964 for a 997S or turbo let me know. :ph34r:

Probably too good to be true anyway. 

The headline figure might be cheap, but it would turn out to be a rather expensive car. the respray is terrible. They painted over the rubber trim, rather than strip teh car doew. Masking was also very poor and it has been sprayed in a non original colour. Being a leftie limits the price as well. Consider James's car, which is low mileage and pretty original, in far better condition and he is struggling to get $56k. On this car, you will need to spend $20k on a respray, just to get t to look decent from closer than 2 metres! I cannot remember what else is wrong with the car, but anything over $30k is probably too much.

I suspect you're right! 

$1M + opens up lots of options... 

Spend $400k to get the R, sell for $1.2M buy a GT3RS for 600k and put your original 400k plus 50% profit back in the bank and enjoy your RS.

If Porsche don't want this to occur, why don't they jack up the price of the new car.....?  New 911R list price $1M, they'd still sell them. As a business why would you sell a product for say 200k profit only for your customer to make a lazy 800k on top doing nothing.  Makes no sense.

Spend $400k to get the R, sell for $1.2M buy a GT3RS for 600k and put your original 400k plus 50% profit back in the bank and enjoy your RS.

If Porsche don't want this to occur, why don't they jack up the price of the new car.....?  New 911R list price $1M, they'd still sell them. As a business why would you sell a product for say 200k profit only for your customer to make a lazy 800k on top doing nothing.  Makes no sense.

didn't mr F40 have an order in for one of these? Smart fella

Edited by turboT

The headline figure might be cheap, but it would turn out to be a rather expensive car. the respray is terrible. They painted over the rubber trim, rather than strip teh car doew. Masking was also very poor and it has been sprayed in a non original colour. Being a leftie limits the price as well. Consider James's car, which is low mileage and pretty original, in far better condition and he is struggling to get $56k. On this car, you will need to spend $20k on a respray, just to get t to look decent from closer than 2 metres! I cannot remember what else is wrong with the car, but anything over $30k is probably too much.

My guess Simon, is that 33k folding would buy it, it's been for sale around 9 months, and just smack it around as it is. Or get an $8k paintjob or someone to prep it for 5k and paint it yourself and spend another 5k on bits n pieces and it's a nice cheapy driver at about $45k

Or advertise the R in Singapore. Woulda tripled his money

If I'm Porsche I'm looking at the secondary market and thinking the same thing. Don't think they'd sell 900 of them for $1M without this current asset bubble though, there are much better 'poser' cars in that price bracket.

New 911R list price $1M, they'd still sell them. As a business why would you sell a product for say 200k profit only for your customer to make a lazy 800k on top doing nothing.  Makes no sense.

I don't know that they would sell them for $1M but they still definitely would sell them for say $600k, and they knew that from the outset. They are a business after all. If you were making an unlimited production run is one thing, but there is a globe full of wealthy speculators who are jumping on every limited car being released. 

Slap a cheap used Carrera donk and box, or a Chev V8 in it from the wreckers and go thrash the shiz out of it till it goes bang.

Never be a "real" cup car but it'd be fun, cheap to run and cheaper than setting up a Carrera for the track, would handle shit hot and probably be as quick as a standard real GT3 at the track, and well over $100K cheaper.

Yabba dabba doooo!