Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Gosford trailer park offering  - converted targa  - $250k??

https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-1972/OAG-AD-14382877/?Cr=0

it's an S ... but 

my mates blue 1972  T/E just sold and IMO a better car, a coupe - offered great value 

if the red S was orig RHD and a 73 targa then the pricing would make more sense ... 

You've lost me ....... why hail damaged ?

There was a little Hail Damaged graphic that showed up on the listing, kind of like the one that tells you if it's a dealer or private sale.

I think the person who made the ad pressed something by mistake. When I posted the link there were no photos yet, so I was intrigued.

obviously all fixed now.

my mates blue 1972  T/E just sold and IMO a better car, a coupe - offered great value 

the tone of the neighbourhood just went down a notch :(

is he replacing it with something interesting?

Edited by Sustenpass

There was a little Hail Damaged graphic that showed up on the listing, kind of like the one that tells you if it's a dealer or private sale.

I think the person who made the ad pressed something by mistake. When I posted the link there were no photos yet, so I was intrigued.

obviously all fixed now.

the tone of the neighbourhood just went down a notch :(

is he replacing it with something interesting?

sourced the blue one first time round for Michael, and have been on the look out for a replacement ... if anyone has a somewhat nasty track focused road hound, let me know - has to be aircooled.  long hood, back date G series etc 

needs to be proper nasty, with road presence and tidy ... oh yeh a dilettantes car 

https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-1972/OAG-AD-14382877/?Cr=0

These prices are just getting silly now.

Why would you want that when you could have something like this beautiful rare old beast from Volvo! (damn, I missed out, taken off ebay)

http://m.ebay.com.au/itm/272558748658?_mwBanner=1

Well there's a new benchmark! 

These prices are just getting silly now.

Calm down!:ph34r:

Let's not forget that there is a big difference between asking price and selling price.maybe I should advertise my car for $150k, just to see the reaction!

In the case of Gosford, I have never taken many of their asking prices as a real attempt to sell cars and I suspect there is some tax angle to this, because the whole reason for the museum is a tax scheme. Maybe, for example, the car is valued on the books at the high level, it is then advertised at that level and when it doesn't sell, they either drop the price or the book valuation, creating a paper loss to offset against any tax liabilities.

You gotta know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em.

One for the fans or RHD and 'projects'

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/surfers-paradise/cars-vans-utes/porsche-1970-911t/1140381901

That's one of the pair advertised previously?

Over $100K required to complete that one, but at least it is factory RHD along with factory sun-screen unlike the one that I bought hahahaha :ph34r:

Why put it up for $250k if it's FAR from being its market value then? Do you think they'll drop the price in line with market values then? The only reaction people in the know are going to say is 'Yeah right, that's worth a look....NOT!' 

So if a 'restored' imported and converted Targa is apparently 'worth' $250k, does that make an average imported and converted Targa worth $150k?

$250k is a pisstake mate

I am not saying you are wrong, but the guy who owns the museum is far from stupid and I am told by somebody far closer to what is going on than i will ever be that there is method to the madness. He also has staff who know a thing or 2 about cars, so it's not as if they don't know the true values. That being the case, it is probably more interesting to try to understand what they are doing. Taking the piss does nothing for net worth or profit, and that is what the "museum" is all about. So if we are so sure that the car is well over priced, why are they trying to sell a car at a price that it won't sell at. They must have a reason.

Riiiight.... If Porsche are so disappointed, would they have traded it back in and resold it at an appropriate used car discount off the original sticker price?

I doubts it.

In other news.... this lasted all of about 1 hour on carsales today.

Sharp looking 997S manual in guards red with factory aero kit, IMS done and 50 something thousand kays...

Screen%20Shot%202017-02-27%20at%202.28.0

Riiiight.... If Porsche are so disappointed, would they have traded it back in and resold it at an appropriate used car discount off the original sticker price?

I doubts it.

They would definitely have taken it back and sold it very quietly for a premium. No advertising, maybe call one person they know would buy it. The only person that would know would be the two or three people at the dealership and the buyer

They would definitely have taken it back and sold it very quietly for a premium. No advertising, maybe call one person they know would buy it. The only person that would know would be the two or three people at the dealership and the buyer

At less than sticker price?

Or would they take the win on the supply / demand opportunity in a way they could on a used car that they couldn't on a new order....

Not as extreme mark up opportunity, but I wonder if any 991 GT3RS have re-sold through official Porsche dealers yet...at inflated prices...or if they have all traded privately.

Just curious if they play the same game themselves that they are so disappointed in others doing.

At less than sticker price?

Or would they take the win on the supply / demand opportunity in a way they could on a used car that they couldn't on a new order....

Not as extreme mark up opportunity, but I wonder if any 991 GT3RS have re-sold through official Porsche dealers yet...at inflated prices...or if they have all traded privately.

Just curious if they play the same game themselves that they are so disappointed in others doing.

I would doubt it would be below sticker price..

It is what it is. If there is money to be made someone is going to take the opportunity. Shame for whomever bought that car though, they won't be buying another one at 'mates rates' through Porsche.

I think the real shame is that the original owner surrendered an incredible and unique driving experience for a quick buck.