Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

What was built in the Porsche factory, has Porsche engineering, Porsche badges, Porsche mirrors and Porsche rims....but is not a Porsche?

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Audi-RS2-1994/SSE-AD-4516966

Don't forget the Big Reds! This was my dream car when everybody was after an E36 M3. Test drove a shagged one once. Massive turbo lag but when it spooled up and delivered it's 350HP via it's Quattro drivetrain it was umm.. memorable. Remembering there were not many Quattro's available then, certainly not in my home town at least.  I had not yet driven a C4, so it was a new sensation having such prodigious grip on launch and the understeer that came with it. Ahh

Seems to me that some of you are using the wrong agents. The right agent will add far more value than you could ever achieve. The wrong agents are lazy, good for nothings. It's all in the choosing of the agent.

absolutely agree.  I sell multiple homes/townhouses each year that we develop through my business.  We have a go-to agent that does all our work, wherever it is in Melbourne. He's a one man band, operates from a mobile office but he's a great negotiator and decent bloke, always exceeds expectations.  Brand name offices are irrelevant in the digital age.  We set him up on incentive scheme so if he gets above asking price, commission ratchets up (win-win).  No chance I could do what he does.

Maybe not the place, but I have sold 5 properties since I have been in Oz. All 5 went for more than the maximum any agent said they could get, including the listing agent. 4 achieved either suburb or street highs for the type of property. In none of the cases was it due to the properties being stunning and everything to do with having a smart, hard working agent. The knack is choosing the right one and it takes a lot of homework, but if you are prepared to do it, the information is out there. You start with basic information - length of time working in the area, ranking against other agents in area, number of sales made per year, total value, average value, average time on market etc. Then you get in 3-4 and ask for their valuation and how they justify it. If the justify it off their own sales, so much the better. You need all of this in order to identify who can walk the walk rather than just talk the talk, although it surprises me how few can really talk the talk convincingly. When you get all of this together, I usually find one agent sticks out above the rest. When I appoint an agent do I know for certain I have it right? No, but I do know that whoever i appoint I believe can do a better job than I can, and being an arrogant SOB, I think that bar is set reasonably high:D (that should really be a smug grin emoji but I cannot find one!).

In the country regions things are ticking over at the moment and the agents primary motive is to keep it that way. This leads to under selling the product. I do know who's who and how effective they are. I don't rule out using an agent to move the investment I currently have depending on the market att. The other two I moved were a result of very poor attention paid and under estimated values.

I'm sure if the market was hot hot here like your metro regions are at the moment I would use an agent as they are infused with a competitive spirit which makes all the difference. 

Circumstances differ, therefore results also.

I note higher end sales in the Porsche market has seen more than a few cars pulled from dealers/agents back into private sales.

Edited by firstone

let me help @SimonN ?

@Jonathan @JonoF next question...what is realistic costs versus expectations to have this returned to some semblance of longhood purity and assuming unlike built like jeff, work is been outsourced and intention is to have a drive experience that won't embarrass at next AH drive as opposed to pebble beach ??  

I'd do the resto mostly myself. 

Assuming no rust repairs were required, costs would be approx: 

- caustic soda bath frame (redi dip): $3,500; 

- sand blast doors, bumpers, hood, deck lid: $600;

- 2K paint: $1000; 

- booth hire (3 days): $3000; 

- engine and carb rebuild: $10,000;

- rebuild wiring harness (Kroon): $3,000; 

- upgrades 996 calipers, discs, and lines: free as already have them;

- new rubber: $2000; 

- new suspension: $2000; 

etc etc etc.  That's not including any interior costs (e.g. Sourcing original and restoring or going full custom). I'd outsource that and budget $7-$10K for a nice job. 

Even doing most of it myself (with the big ticket items like engine and paint being the biggest savings), it'd still cost me at least an additional $35K. 

So $70K total cost (probably more) and two years of working on the car.  It actually makes that red 69T with the 2.7L on Carsales sounds pretty appealing....

let me help @SimonN ?

@Jonathan @JonoF next question...what is realistic costs versus expectations to have this returned to some semblance of longhood purity and assuming unlike built like jeff, work is been outsourced and intention is to have a drive experience that won't embarrass at next AH drive as opposed to pebble beach ??  

It depends on what actually comes with the car, but I would think somewhere around $50k to $60k. That sort of money would give a great drivers car that's factory RHD and something I'd be pretty happy with. Concourse it would not be, but I think a pretty good car for the money. It's non original engine so this means you wouldn't have to take as much of a 'purist' approach

@michel I guess it's getting close to others on the market so probably not worth it. But I guess this way the money can be spent over time rather than in one hit. Helps with the cash flow;)

Edited by Jonathan

Seems to me that some of you are using the wrong agents. The right agent will add far more value than you could ever achieve. The wrong agents are lazy, good for nothings. It's all in the choosing of the agent.

That is always the sales pitch, generally I have yet to see the added value. If it is a slow market, then there is a lot more work to do, then they start to earn their money a bit more. I have a real issue with the ridiculous amount of YOUR MONEY they take for what they do. Most people don't really get that, they just think it is a cost of selling a house. It is not, and shouldn't be. I used to bust my ass for a couple of years renovating my house to sell and then I would end up giving the agent half of my profit and they only worked for a few hours total. It all comes down to how much your time is worth. All the agents do, is run an open house and then negotiate with the seller. That's it! If you do your homework on your area and you are a reasonable negotiator, which I assume most on here would probably be, you can do just a good of a job.

On the other side, I love agents. If it wasn't for their incompetence I wouldn't have my toys. Remember the golden rule. You make the money when you buy ;)  

On the other side, I love agents. If it wasn't for their incompetence I wouldn't have my toys. Remember the golden rule. You make the money when you buy ;)  

Totally agree with that last line ..... we have always bought with that sentiment in mind ....

M biggest issue with the  industry is how the agents act for both the buyer and the seller ..... how independent can you be negotiating against yourself ....

Generally the agent will know "approx" where the vendor wants to be ..... not exactly a good platform to work from ...

The US system has a buyers agent and a seller's agent .... both working for the best interest of their client .....

It depends on what actually comes with the car, but I would think somewhere around $50k to $60k. That sort of money would give a great drivers car that's factory RHD and something I'd be pretty happy with. Concourse it would not be, but I think a pretty good car for the money. It's non original engine so this means you wouldn't have to take as much of a 'purist' approach

@michel I guess it's getting close to others on the market so probably not worth it. But I guess this way the money can be spent over time rather than in one hit. Helps with the cash flow;)

My best guess is that it is about $70-80k away from being a nice driver.  Disassembled project cars are rarely complete or good runners prior to strip down.   I've done a few of these early car projects.

All the agents do, is run an open house and then negotiate with the seller. That's it! If you do your homework on your area and you are a reasonable negotiator, which I assume most on here would probably be, you can do just a good of a job.

I think this is the problem. If all your agent does is advertise the property, be there for the open day and then negotiate the sale, I agree that it is crazy to pay somebody else. But if that is all your agent does, i wouldn't employ them. For instance, there is a whole world of buyers out there who do not look through the likes of domain.com.au or realestate.com.au and who don't look in the papers. The DIY seller and the average agent has no way of tapping into that market. In at least 2 cases. the top prices achieved on properties I have sold have been from people who weren't actively searching for property but who the agents were able to motivate. And don't think this only applies to higher end properties. The town house I sold in Newcastle went to somebody who had lost out on 4 properties over the last year and who had said that they weren't interested any more, but the agent got them hooked and they paid up rather than losing another property. You cannot tap into that sort of market as a DIY seller.

Poor agents do nothing you cannot do yourself. Good agents add real value.

Volvo's was bad enough, real estate agents is just too much...................Back on topic, anyone checked this out? Surprised it has been sitting for a while, looks like a pretty car from the pics. Is there a story?

https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/_/OAG-AD-14215096

I can see a change of colour at least. 

Volvo's was bad enough, real estate agents is just too much...................Back on topic, anyone checked this out? Surprised it has been sitting for a while, looks like a pretty car from the pics. Is there a story?

Its a good clean car.. don't think its had a colour change (no affiliation)

A realestate agent alertet me to this car that was sitting at the back of a new storage unit he was selling 200m from the Healey Factory

IMG_6520_zpsiofkhhwt.jpg

My best guess is that it is about $70-80k away from being a nice driver.  Disassembled project cars are rarely complete or good runners prior to strip down.   I've done a few of these early car projects.

getting warmer 

Its a good clean car.. don't think its had a colour change (no affiliation)

A realestate agent alertet me to this car that was sitting at the back of a new storage unit he was selling 200m from the Healey Factory

IMG_6520_zpsiofkhhwt.jpg

then @James P alerted me ... agreed looks like a tidy longhood and stress long hood as opposed to "oh , it's a 912" or for some that may  go "OH it's a 912"...  people's insights and prejudices as much as their perception of ranking in the P world pecking order  may have well matured..

personally haven't heard any feedback on this car, though may be a better bet than some of the other listed 912's say  on carsales . I know the black one for instance tidy enough.

i said for years amongst all the it can only be a six mantra a good 912 is a good longhood .. certainly I never felt diminished during years of ownership 

whose seen this Irish green beauty to offer their insights. 

As I understand the green 912 is original colour (done by Jason Carol) but non matching numbers. It does seem reasonable for the money although given the stock piling up I don't think there are too many buyers at the moment....

Cheers

Matt

looks like a great looking car. Pricewise it is comparable to what I am looking at in the US when you factor in transport and tax

Why would you buy this, and then not drive it at all?:

https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-2013/OAG-AD-14363609/?Cr=3

Great spec as far as 991S go, but its not like its a 911R. Still could be a good buy for someone looking for a barely used 991 pre-Turbo engine.

then @James P alerted me ... agreed looks like a tidy longhood and stress long hood as opposed to "oh , it's a 912" or for some that may  go "OH it's a 912"...  people's insights and prejudices as much as their perception of ranking in the P world pecking order  may have well matured..

personally haven't heard any feedback on this car, though may be a better bet than some of the other listed 912's say  on carsales . I know the black one for instance tidy enough.

i said for years amongst all the it can only be a six mantra a good 912 is a good longhood .. certainly I never felt diminished during years of ownership 

whose seen this Irish green beauty to offer their insights. 

I want that sexy little green machine! 

can anyone explain why a dealer would sell a car Unregistered but with RWC.  Isn't it a simple form and payment so why wouldn't they just register it on sale?  Non reg would put plenty of buyers off I'm sure.  Oh, and the fact it's missing 2 cylinders...?

The US system has a buyers agent and a seller's agent .... both working for the best interest of their client .....

really, all those shows on channel 94 make it appear as if both agents collude to stitch up buyer and seller for a quick comm each.  Not sure about the best interest bit....some might say double trouble.

Edited by DJM

Totally agree with that last line ..... we have always bought with that sentiment in mind ....

M biggest issue with the  industry is how the agents act for both the buyer and the seller ..... how independent can you be negotiating against yourself ....

Generally the agent will know "approx" where the vendor wants to be ..... not exactly a good platform to work from ...

Sorry, I know this shouldn't be on this thread, but I believe that this is wrong in a number of ways. First, there are buyers agents in Australia. If you don't know that, or your agent doesn't know how to tap into them, you need a decent agent. And contrary to what most would imagine, buyers agents are not about getting a property as cheaply as possible but buying the right property for their client and ensuring they get that property. The first house I sold in Oz was bought by somebody using a buyers agent. The client saw the property on a Saturday and the buyers agent was at my lawyers office on Monday morning with a power of attorney (they knew there was another buyer). 

I also believe that a good agent always knows who he is working for, and that is the person paying his commission. His real skill is in getting the buyer to pay more than he wants to while still remaining happy. In some situations I have been known to sweeten the deal for an agent by offering a performance related bonus, sometimes money but also something "different" such as, in one sale, case of Grange (he beat the street record by $225,000). You are employing the agent. Find out what makes him tick.

I have bought and sold property for over 35 years and the funny thing is, here in Oz, I find it the easiest market to understand and to gauge values, because most transactions are on public record or if not, agents do talk, while in the UK, it can be very hard to know what a property sold for. Because of this, you should never have to sell for under market value or buy for more, yet people do all the time because they are lazy and they use lazy agents.

Considering the value of property sales, it constantly amazes me how little effort people put into all aspects of the sale of their property. The amounts of money involved are too much to ignore. Even though I employ the best agent I can, when I sell a property I consider it close to a full time job and my No1 priority to keep an eye on what is going on, understand my agent and exactly what and where the sale stands at any point.

can anyone explain why a dealer would sell a car Unregistered but with RWC.  Isn't it a simple form and payment so why wouldn't they just register it on sale?  Non reg would put plenty of buyers off I'm sure.  Oh, and the fact it's missing 2 cylinders...?

really, all those shows on channel 94 make it appear as if both agents collude to stitch up buyer and seller for a quick comm each.  Not sure about the best interest bit....some might say double trouble.

because it's likely it'll go on club plates - still need RWC but no stamp duty to pay