Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

if I buy a 968 it needs to be 2 seater with the hard back recaros.  This 4 seat version is certainly rare but I'd want the "real deal".  So I didn't bother........at $45k from memory.  D'oh.

I agree, hard back recaros and cage. They just don't seem to pop up for sale very often 

Yep mate thought that myself ... "non negotiable", goodluck with that!

I don't mind 'non negotiable', as long as the price is acceptable. The trouble is, some people think they have a _right_ to waste your time with low-ball offers. If some people feel their rights are being abridged by simply inserting the words "non negotiable" in the sales text, then they are probably exactly the sort of people you are trying to avoid dealing with anyway. I think 'non negotiable' is just a polite way of saying "dreamers, low-ballers, tyre-kickers and other time-wasters can p*ss off".

I think everyone can relate to that sentiment. ;)

I don't mind 'non negotiable', as long as the price is acceptable. The trouble is, some people think they have a _right_ to waste your time with low-ball offers. If some people feel their rights are being abridged by simply inserting the words "non negotiable" in the sales text, then they are probably exactly the sort of people you are trying to avoid dealing with anyway. I think 'non negotiable' is just a polite way of saying "dreamers, low-ballers, tyre-kickers and other time-wasters can p*ss off".

Well of course as a generalisation, my post was an inference that at that high price being "non negotiable" he was going to need a lot of luck, or perhaps divine intervention to finalise a sale of the cars, which I guess is his aim as they are advertised for sale. Agreed, putting NN in the advert most probably negates a portion of inquiries from the time wasters. It is most probably more effective that stating words similar to ""dreamers, low-ballers, tyre-kickers and other time-wasters can p*ss off" which I think sometimes adds fuel to the time wasters of the carworld and encourages them, out of some type of misguided retribution to do just that, deliberately annoy a seller and waste his/her time! Ironic that he states NN and the cars are advertised on a site that encourages a buyer to make an offer by simply typing any numbers and clicking send

The goal of selling cars is selling cars, not to achieve the highest price possible. If you want to avoid 'dreamers, timewasters, and low-ballers' price it appropriately and it'll be gone in a week. If you don't want to deal with the 'great unwashed' don't price it high or you'll take phone calls for the next 12 months.

There are more dreamers and time-wasters on the selling end of the car transaction when you buy privately than the other way around.

The goal of selling cars is selling cars, not to achieve the highest price possible.

??? I knew a real estate agent who once told me much the same thing. "Lower your price to $X, and it will sell tomorrow." Well yeah, of course. The only problem would to avoid being killed in the rush. Why am I paying you again?

There are more dreamers and time-wasters on the selling end of the car transaction when you buy privately than the other way around.

Dreamers perhaps, but time-wasters? How does someone listing an item at an unrealistically high price waste anyone's time? (except perhaps the seller him/herself.)

Agreed. I just spoke the young guy who doesn't know much about the value of these cars. Allot of complaining seems to go on when someone prices something above what others might expect. They hope it is a seller who has no idea and prices low so they can then take advantage of that seller. We all have 911's I am guessing, and if these cars were priced too low it doesn't do anyone any favours except the quickest dealer or flipper to snap them up and flip them or restore them and flip them. I'm sure at the end of the day he will work out if they are worth more or less. It might take 6 months it might take 2 weeks. If they sit for a while it doesn't mean they are too expensive it just means flippers can't see a profit. BTY he said he isn't negotiable this early in and is surprised by the response almost overwhelmed. That must say something. 

It is most probably more effective that stating words similar to ""dreamers, low-ballers, tyre-kickers and other time-wasters can p*ss off" which I think sometimes adds fuel to the time wasters of the carworld and encourages them, out of some type of misguided retribution to do just that, deliberately annoy a seller and waste his/her time! Ironic that he states NN and the cars are advertised on a site that encourages a buyer to make an offer by simply typing any numbers and clicking send

Agreed, there's no point in provoking people unnecessarily! Completely counter-productive. So keep it civil, but make it clear that your price is your price, and that's it.

Also, selling a car on gumtree is for the birds. Unless it's a $1000 junker, what are you doing trying to save $80 (or whatever it is now) on carsales fees? I mean, sheesh.

Agreed, there's no point in provoking people unnecessarily! Completely counter-productive. So keep it civil, but make it clear that your price is your price, and that's it.

Also, selling a car on gumtree is for the birds. Unless it's a $1000 junker, what are you doing trying to save $80 (or whatever it is now) on carsales fees? I mean, sheesh.

I' not understanding why carsales  is more gentlemanly  or indicator of a quality experience, a more knowledgeable buyer seller.

just another space. ? 

As for the seller of the project cars.. well  good luck to him. Seems like he may make profit on his shed find flip at any price... Maybe one of those shells has an interesting history 

I think it lessens your chances of a sale at an average price so much with the "rude" approach by sellers. Was just looking at this and amazed by the text of the dealer. I could forgive a private seller being rude and still buy the car but from a dealer where it's part of the game to put up with "idiots" I wouldn't buy this car from him, based on my own principles, if it was $20 or $30k less. I think he needs a holiday.... and the last line is the best - I guess everyone who can afford it has in fact stayed away as it's been there a while!

https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-2010/OAG-AD-13787226/?Cr=4

there are rules,

911 dreamers stay away.

is only available to people who have the financial capacity to buy one of these cars.

Do not lose a deposit if you can not buy the car.

THIS IS A FIXED PRICE ITEM . NO OFFERS Can you read ? NO Offers !!! Which means no morons who can't see a great deal staring them in the face .

So if you can afford it ... go away !

I think it lessens your chances of a sale at an average price so much with the "rude" approach by sellers. Was just looking at this and amazed by the text of the dealer. I could forgive a private seller being rude and still buy the car but from a dealer where it's part of the game to put up with "idiots" I wouldn't buy this car from him, based on my own principles, if it was $20 or $30k less. I think he needs a holiday.... and the last line is the best - I guess everyone who can afford it has in fact stayed away as it's been there a while!

https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-2010/OAG-AD-13787226/?Cr=4

there are rules,

911 dreamers stay away.

is only available to people who have the financial capacity to buy one of these cars.

THIS IS A FIXED PRICE ITEM . NO OFFERS Can you read ? NO Offers !!! Which means no morons who can't see a great deal staring them in the face .

When someone says non negotiable and the price is too high i think good luck with that, it just puts me off altogether. I wouldn't buy anything from anyone posting this shite just on pricipal, it's just rude.

I feel Gumtree is just another channel...  Maybe not the place for ultra high end cars in the $200-500K range, but in some marques it is better than carsales.

I've looking out for 1st gen WRX as a daily in the 7-15K range and there are far more on gumtree than carsales or ebay.

I think cars like this guys that are unfinished projects are right up gumtrees alley.

When you're constantly on the lookout for Porsches where do you look?  Only Porsche Centres? Only Duttons/CTS?  Only carsales?  Or across all channels, including gumtree?

I think there are a lot of eyeballs on gumtree.

His pricing strategy is another story...

??? I knew a real estate agent who once told me much the same thing. "Lower your price to $X, and it will sell tomorrow." Well yeah, of course. The only problem would to avoid being killed in the rush. Why am I paying you again?

Dreamers perhaps, but time-wasters? How does someone listing an item at an unrealistically high price waste anyone's time? (except perhaps the seller him/herself.)

Can't complain about dreamers and time wasters if you're not prepared to meet the market. Plenty of cars languish on the market for a year or more but meet the market and miraculously it sells in weeks.

Never rung a Porsche seller who wasn't actually prepared to sell I see. Or the random call backs asking you to increase an offer? Or coming to a deal and having them sell it to someone else? Or blatantly lying about condition or history in order to achieve whatever price they've got in mind? Or they can't be bothered doing a PPI? Or after extensive negotiations they decide to keep it?

The list is endless.

there are rules,

911 dreamers stay away.

Well that's one way to put off potential buyers!

Fair enough, say it's not negotiable, price FIRM etc, yet don't be a dick about it, especially a car dealer! 

May be of interest to someone -- Jono look away, nothing to see here ....

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/surfers-paradise/cars-vans-utes/porsche-911-x-2-barn-find/1139547807

$_20.JPG

2 old 911's, 69' and a 70'. I think he's not far off the right mark.

Putting it slightly different.. if I had these I'd have a crack at selling them for 40k each.

They'd be very nice and quite valuable if returned to original. Probably not a flipper's deal this one but for an enthusiast in it for the long haul then not bad.

One day this will seem cheap (unfortunatly).

Edited by Al

Gents

Do any of you remember the arrow blue 77 930 being sold by the bloke in the Blue Mountains? The roof had been cut off and he found a new roof and welded it on himself. 

Did Magnus Walker buy the car from him? @turboT - any inside intel? 

Just interested to know if it's being given a proper new lease on life.  

Gents

Do any of you remember the arrow blue 77 930 being sold by the bloke in the Blue Mountains? The roof had been cut off and he found a new roof and welded it on himself. 

Did Magnus Walker buy the car from him? @turboT - any inside intel? 

Just interested to know if it's being given a proper new lease on life.  

that thing sold? Doubt it. He'll advertise again asking $300k in a month