Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Has anyone looked at it or know its true history??

have heard some

heard it was in a big crash and was properly fixed and the mega cage added. Was a good car after that too apparently. No idea now.

maybe the buyer pulled out for some reason.

More longhoods;

https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/_/OAG-AD-14362814?WT.seg_4=AutoAlert;PCAA

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1969/SSE-AD-4116138/?Cr=1

I saw the green car when I was in QLD last year, just so happens its the brother of the who I purchased my GT3 from. 

More longhoods;

https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/_/OAG-AD-14362814?WT.seg_4=AutoAlert;PCAA

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1969/SSE-AD-4116138/?Cr=1

I saw the green car when I was in QLD last year, just so happens its the brother of the who I purchased my GT3 from. 

I remember the green targa for sale last year, from memory it was around 120k. The red coupe needs some love, but it's  cheap entry into the 901 club 

I'm gathering you never had a problem making the 1000 word essay quota at secondary school. I struggled

BTW this is an endearment 

Actually, maths is my fortay and probably do my best work based on pencil whipping high level numbers / calcs / analysing numbers on the back of a postage stamp (comes with  detail, but no one seems to be interested in the detail unless the zero's start to rack up or whispers of the auditors / lawyers getting involved)

pretty sure that car was for sale in Adelaide maybe a year or 2 ago.  There can't be many red with red wheels 4 seater CS around!  It was posted in this thread and I communicated with the Owner but decided no, if I buy a 968 it needs to be 2 seater with the hard back recaros.  This 4 seat version is certainly rare but I'd want the "real deal".  So I didn't bother........at $45k from memory.  D'oh.

Edited by DJM

Imho, the only reason you'd auction car like this at grays if there was something seriously wrong with it and you didnt want any1 inspecting it.

That's completely wrong. Anybody can go to Grays and you can do a full PPI if you want. In fact, they actually say 

• We recommend all potential bidders especially interstate bidders to organise a third party to inspect on their behalf if unable to attend inspection

This is so much better than a conventional auction in this regard. You are allowed to start the car but officially you cannot drive it for legal reasons. However, you can usually get away with a short roll forward to check the clutch and reversing a bit. Not perfect, but as said, try that at a normal auction.

If you know the system with Grays, it is a great place to pick up bargains, but you really do need to know your stuff, because just like with ebay, you see people get carried away. If there was a car I was interested in, I would go and take a look.

pretty sure that car was for sale in Adelaide maybe a year or 2 ago.  There can't be many red with red wheels 4 seater CS around!  It was posted in this thread and I communicated with the Owner but decided no, if I buy a 968 it needs to be 2 seater with the hard back recaros.  This 4 seat version is certainly rare but I'd want the "real deal".  So I didn't bother........at $45k from memory.  D'oh.

Was it Stuart Kay's Doug if I recall