Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

is that so?  I've had a car on consignment and was quite happy with the arrangement.  Had no idea it was illegal.  It didn't  sell under that arrangement but I'd happily try it again if I had something unique to sell.  Wonder why it's illegal?  Ever heard of a dealer being pinged? 

As pointed out above, yes, it really is illegal. I have no idea how many dealers have been pinged r how often it happens, but I do remember a high profile case on Melbourne where a dealer had his license taken away, then went bust and he ran off with a large sum of mney owing the rich and famous of Melbourne for cars that had been sold on consignment (Prestige Cars??), so it must happen.

I know of dealers who seem to have a work around (not sure how it is done) but I also know others who use the law to lowball sellers, saying they are taking all the risk, which they are, but it still doesn't justify the margins they are working on.

As pointed out above, yes, it really is illegal. I have no idea how many dealers have been pinged r how often it happens, but I do remember a high profile case on Melbourne where a dealer had his license taken away, then went bust and he ran off with a large sum of mney owing the rich and famous of Melbourne for cars that had been sold on consignment (Prestige Cars??), so it must happen.

I know of dealers who seem to have a work around (not sure how it is done) but I also know others who use the law to lowball sellers, saying they are taking all the risk, which they are, but it still doesn't justify the margins they are working on.

The same guy still is an interface for duttons.. still buys and sells cars.. found that one out recently:wacko:

I'll have to re read the "contract" I signed - can't recall the detail but I suspect it skirts the law because I'm sure he does a lot of deals under this arrangement.  I won't name the dealer because I don't want to unfairly taint him and I don't have an issue with the arrangement we had.

And without naming names, one of the dealers I rate very highly and always recommend as a trustworthy and decent guy has a way around it as well.

Thats the problem with all of these rules  that don't make sense ..... it forces creative minds to work their way around them to ultimately bypass the system .....

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/strathmore/other-automotive/1990-porsche-911-c2-convertible/1139430153

Cheap-ish cab. Manual. C2. If klms are for real? 

@OBRUT this might be dearer buy in but could be a cheaper (and better?) rallycab in the long run than starting with a junker.

Or maybe JB weld a roof on it....

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/strathmore/other-automotive/1990-porsche-911-c2-convertible/1139430153

Cheap-ish cab. Manual. C2. If klms are for real? 

@OBRUT this might be dearer buy in but could be a cheaper (and better?) rallycab in the long run than starting with a junker.

Or maybe JB weld a roof on it....

Thanks for the heads up. Interesting...

Hail Damaged 911R?

https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-2016/OAG-AD-14391830

You would wanna discount .. but a pretty good Hotrod project starter hey … how do they go panel beating those magnesium and carbon.. does it flex witha  hammer or would it make a great promotional video for Mr Dent paintless dent removals perhaps