996 GT3 Purchase

3 hours ago, smit2100 said:

Good stake in the ground view of what their worth today from someone with a wad of cash whose transacted.

What about RAT996 (Road And Track 996 rat)

A fair bit of the wad of cash is the banks 😞  at least until the 996.2 sells.....

On 03/02/2020 at 14:29, TwoHeadsTas said:

Picking the silver car up late Sunday morning.  Any Melb peeps up for a lunch catchup or afternoon coffee somewhere???  Suggested location??

You got yourself a great car there mate - Congrats. I was very close to making a move on it & it was purely the timing of a few days before pressing the go button. A dream car with all the good bits already done & a fantastic service history. 

33 minutes ago, DD911 said:

You got yourself a great car there mate - Congrats. I was very close to making a move on it & it was purely the timing of a few days before pressing the go button. A dream car with all the good bits already done & a fantastic service history. 

Sorry Damien.  I was intending to pursue it before Christmas, but just couldn't get over to Melbourne at the time.  I was glad it was still there when the opportunity arose to get over to pursue it 🙂  Matt said you'd be pi$$ed ........

47 minutes ago, symsy said:

Couple of question Aren’t Tourers rarer than CS?  Did all CS have AC .

With Regards cars with no history you would you knock 20 percent I would 

Good point Symsy.  No doubt there are many differences, which those that know more than me will tell you, but the main ones appear to be Single Mass v Dual Mass Flywheel, factory (Matter) rollcage and nomex Recaros.  However, looks like Tourers could be optioned, so the silver car has nomex Recaros.  My LHD CS had AC, although this had been removed

1 hour ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Sorry Damien.  I was intending to pursue it before Christmas, but just couldn't get over to Melbourne at the time.  I was glad it was still there when the opportunity arose to get over to pursue it 🙂  Matt said you'd be pi$$ed ........

I was but happy it’s gone to a great home. If you ever change your mind you know who to cal....

58 minutes ago, 356993??? said:

Yep...two of them....

I’ll have one!!

1 hour ago, symsy said:

Couple of question Aren’t Tourers rarer than CS?  Did all CS have AC .

With Regards cars with no history you would you knock 20 percent I would 

Rarity doesn't equal desirability. 

In relation to history, its only part of the equation when valuing a car and I can't see books being worth a 20% premium. Maybe high end collector grade stuff but not on a 120k odd GT3. 

1 minute ago, dipstick said:

would depend on condition for me.

there's not much in it. Good steerer would do good time in either.

2 cars, equal condition, same price (hey, lets say same fu#king colour!) 1 in each spec - what would you take? If it was me, I'd take the CS. THAT'S ALL I'M SAYING.................

9 minutes ago, hugh said:

2 cars, equal condition, same price (hey, lets say same fu#king colour!) 1 in each spec - what would you take? If it was me, I'd take the CS. THAT'S ALL I'M SAYING.................

That's an imposibility today, they're no longer new.

that's why I said condition because they are not all same now.

Edgy I was with you, then referred to my (Australian) 1999/2000 Porsche 911 GT3 Product Information (bible) Porsche refer to: Clubsport & Comfort pack GT3s.

Note: Clubsport & Comfort pack GT3s ~ same original RRP,  same engine, same power transmission, same brakes, same chassis and suspension, same exhaust, same wheels, same tyres etc  all good❤️ 

IMG_0006.thumb.jpg.836c23878768e0030bb06d93afccb612.jpg

^ that probably explains why CS significantly outsold Comfort/Touring.  The 003 CS pack was standard which makes sense given the car is a track focussed drivers car.  I don’t really understand why you’d tick a no cost option to remove the standard Clubsport bits.  Only about 15% of buyers made that “mistake”.  I absolutely agree with @hugh just because it’s less common doesn’t make it better, more desirable or more valuable.  Surely there are still a lot more buyers today who want CS over Comfort.

having said that, I’d take a Comfort with retro fitted CS bits at the right price.   In fact, I’ve done it - my 996 GT2 Touring had a genuine half cage and Nomex Recaros fitted but also came with the factory leather electric touring seats.  Choose your own adventure.  I never once considered putting the factory seats back in it, those Nomex Recaros are awesome and perfect for track use.

Does anyone have any inside info on this one: https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2004-porsche-911-gt3-996-manual-my04/SSE-AD-6343468/?Cr=2

I tried to dig my way through the thread & couldn't find any previous comment.

Still got nothing yet on the Black one...

Any of you guys heading out to Highball on Sunday? Would be great to meet a few other GT3 diehards out there...

14 minutes ago, DD911 said:

Does anyone have any inside info on this one: https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2004-porsche-911-gt3-996-manual-my04/SSE-AD-6343468/?Cr=2

I tried to dig my way through the thread & couldn't find any previous comment.

Still got nothing yet on the Black one...

Any of you guys heading out to Highball on Sunday? Would be great to meet a few other GT3 diehards out there...

I did make an enquiry - it is looked after / stored at Cairns for the owner.  Would appear to be rarely used.

I hear that people tend to head off early from Highball, but I'm interested in going out after I pick up the car.  If anyone from here is out there and happy to hang around 'til 11 at least, I'll head straight out there after I've picked up the car for a chat and a cuppa perhaps.