996 GT3 Purchase

• 2 weeks later...

Gents, after some info to help me in preparation of an inspection of the silver .1 on Friday.  I'd be interested in finding out actual prices that .1s have changed hands for over the last 6-12 months.  Would appreciate a PM from anyone with any direct knowledge, and perhaps a rating out of 10 on the car they purchased / sold, CS v Non CS and details of any known issues with their car so I can work towards a realistic market value for the car I'm interested in.

Thanks in Advance

1 hour ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Gents, after some info to help me in preparation of an inspection of the silver .1 on Friday.  I'd be interested in finding out actual prices that .1s have changed hands for over the last 6-12 months.  Would appreciate a PM from anyone with any direct knowledge, and perhaps a rating out of 10 on the car, CS v Non CS and details of any known issues so I can work towards a realistic market value for the car

Thanks in Advance

Sub $100k GT3's dried up in 2015... so if its the one quoted last page back, I'd say it is pretty damn close to the mark if it is 'as presents'... just run the usual checks PPSR, VIN with PCA and PPI.... I'd google the vin too, there has been a couple of silver ones go on off road excursions shall we say? I am in no way suggesting this car is one of those, but you'd really hate to find out it is when its too late! 

13 minutes ago, edgy said:

Sub $100k GT3's dried up in 2015... so if its the one quoted last page back, I'd say it is pretty damn close to the mark if it is 'as presents'... just run the usual checks PPSR, VIN with PCA and PPI.... I'd google the vin too, there has been a couple of silver ones go on off road excursions shall we say? I am in no way suggesting this car is one of those, but you'd really hate to find out it is when its too late! 

Thanks Kurt,  yes, plan on doing all those.  Car still has underbonnet stickers etc so I don't think it has had any big off (front wise at least), but inspection will tell!!!

23 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Thanks Kurt,  yes, plan on doing all those.  Car still has underbonnet stickers etc so I don't think it has had any big off (front wise at least), but inspection will tell!!!

They rarely go in front end first ;) 

Anyway, what I can garner just from rego check: 

1943026450_ScreenShot2020-01-07at11_40_10am.png.01ce4973c8f2654d706e5f6713e80040.png

I googled that VIN, nothing came up for it but the ad, thats a good sign... just get the PPSR and VIN to PCA and you're good to keep going. 

• 2 weeks later...

OK Guys, it looks like I might be getting close on the silver 996.1 GT3, so I will need to sell my Speed Yellow LHD 996.1 GT3 CS very quickly to part fund the silver car.  If you are interested, PM me with your email address and I will forward full details including links to photos etc when I make the final decision to sell.  I will be looking for $60k.  Car has 22000kms indicated, and I have had the CAMS logbook reissued for the car.  2000 car, German delivered I believe, imported in 2004 and used as a track car by Richard Perini for most of it's life.  In stripped out format, full rollcage, 1 x Schroth harness has 3 years left on it, 1 brand new Sabelt harness.  2 new A0050s on rear, fronts 1/2 worn.  Tyres will be on original wheels.   There is some Tassie interest and preference would be given to a local purchaser in order to keep numbers up in Tas.  Believed to be the only 1st gen GT3 in Tas (there are several 2nd gens)

cheers

Peter

23 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

OK Guys, it looks like I might be getting close on the silver 996.1 GT3, so I will need to sell my Speed Yellow LHD 996.1 GT3 CS very quickly to part fund the silver car.  If you are interested, PM me with your email address and I will forward full details including links to photos etc when I make the final decision to sell.  I will be looking for $60k. 

Why couldn't you have procrastinated for a couple of years so I could refresh the toy fund after my recent AF2 purchase... Your GT3 looked and especially sounded amazing!

Next custodian will have an amazing car.

54 minutes ago, Dalai said:

Why couldn't you have procrastinated for a couple of years so I could refresh the toy fund after my recent AF2 purchase... Your GT3 looked and especially sounded amazing!

Next custodian will have an amazing car.

Sorry mate.  The drive on the road properly bug has taken hold.....

On 21/01/2020 at 20:53, TwoHeadsTas said:

OK Guys, it looks like I might be getting close on the silver 996.1 GT3, so I will need to sell my Speed Yellow LHD 996.1 GT3 CS very quickly to part fund the silver car.  If you are interested, PM me with your email address and I will forward full details including links to photos etc when I make the final decision to sell.  I will be looking for $60k.  Car has 22000kms indicated, and I have had the CAMS logbook reissued for the car.  2000 car, German delivered I believe, imported in 2004 and used as a track car by Richard Perini for most of it's life.  In stripped out format, full rollcage, 1 x Schroth harness has 3 years left on it, 1 brand new Sabelt harness.  2 new A0050s on rear, fronts 1/2 worn.  Tyres will be on original wheels.   There is some Tassie interest and preference would be given to a local purchaser in order to keep numbers up in Tas.  Believed to be the only 1st gen GT3 in Tas (there are several 2nd gens)

cheers

Peter

Guys, car basically sold subject to PPI, if that sale falls through there's another 4 or 5 in line 🙂  Looks like the silver car is a reality now.....

26 minutes ago, hugh said:

It's not online anymore..........................don't hold out on us! 

OK @hugh, contract signed for the silver car.  PPI tomorrow on the yellow car.  If all OK and we're good with the price, I will fund the balance until the grey 996.2 sells.  If  we can't agree on price, then there's 2 others who were willing to put down an immediate deposit to secure the car and jump the queue, but I'm more inclined to let a couple of PFA members who've contacted me have a crack.

If the first purchaser proceeds, then yellow car will get some Ohlins and become a Targa car - not much else really needed from what we can see.

Will pick up the silver car in a couple of weeks and get my mechanic to change the fluids, give it a good check over and assess how soon we should do an engine build, and to what extent, or even at all, and then drive the bloody thing!!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂   It will need some new boots so will have a think about what I will put on it for road / track use.  Would be the best car to do a day or so with our Vic / SA tour visitors mid March too....