996 GT3 Purchase

4 hours ago, hugh said:

Noting both were touring. There have been 3 CS's (non ex nations cup) come on the market in the last 2 years, 2 x speed yellow and 1 x silver. Both speed yellow cars sold for over 200k, the silver was listed @185k and was online for less than 2 weeks (not sure of the final sale price but given the time frame I would assume close to asking). The only CS MK1's to sell in the lower 100k bracket have been ex nations cup cars.  

You did very well to buy what you've now got though, I'm sure your not looking back! 

I paid full asking price on my Nations Cup car and its a beat up 54,000km warrior with a scruffy interior. It won't ever be sold for that again. Was also talking to another owner of a Nations Cup Mk 1. His is lower mileage but also very enthusiastically used. That one likewise won't ever be sold for low 100s again so I'm guessing all the nice clean low mileage garage queen cars can be happy to know our bottom of the heap cars will be beyond very high 100s in our eyes.... And likely more.

9 hours ago, James P said:

Can i say well done?? 

Yes you can. But not to me 😀. It’s a ripper car tho...Now residing in Vic.

8 hours ago, GUT said:

I'm dead keen on getting into a 996 GT3.

But now it seems I'd have to be careful about km's. Coz they're collectors' cars now and thus must be preserved with low kms and adored from afar.

So - pay more, drive less.

Stuff that for a joke.

No cash anyway so I guess I can save myself the inner conflict.

Stop sooking man! You got plenty of hotrods to play with. Anyhow you know my philosophy on cars and my GT3 will only ever be driven but as others have pointed out they’re not a car you typically use a lot so most will have lowish klms which sets expectations, and cars with reasonable ‘high’ mileage, are deemed to have ‘high mileage’. But yeah speculators that drive prices up on great driving sports cars are a PITA. Normalised interest rates would fix a lot of that BS. 

12 hours ago, Rick V said:

Newly listed black 996.2 GT3 on Carsales, out of WA..... waiting on photos.

Extra low k’s @Pork Chops!!

Already got one thanks. And I’m not necessarily an advocate of low klms but when general expectations are for lows klms you need to be getting a discount off market price. Doesn’t mean the car is a bad one. It’s like a LHD converted car. Cheap to get into and out of. In the mean time it’s just as good a car...

16 minutes ago, Rick V said:

Recently listed black one out of Perth gone already?!? Anyone on here?

Price a good car at a realistic price and cars will sell . The white car at $175,000 is just wasting everyone's time . If he priced it at $145,000 which is where it should be it would have sold

Drove my LHD on the public roads for the first time Tuesday, on the way over to my mechanic for some fettling.  Didn't feel too bad after the first 5 minutes getting used to driving in the LH seat 🙂  As car had track suspension settings, I hadn't realised how many bumps there were on that bit of road 🙂  Suspension now raised a bit for more friendly road characteristics (Dave was trying for Targa type settings) and he says a lot of the bump steer should be gone.  Bad news 2 new rears required 😞 but should be good to go after that.  Decided not to mix and match tyres, just go for A05s all round so I can get used to the handling characteristics of the car.  New tyres next Weds, then Barrington Hillclimb on Saturday!!

69153985_679028319259759_7950668343948607488_n.jpg

70995283_737556433358162_1228367991050076160_n.jpg

OK gents, looking for a couple of bits in case you have something hiding away.

Need standard front sway bar links (not the adjustable ones).  Anybody replaced the standard with adjustable and have the old ones on the shelf?

Also, anyone got a Steering Hub adapter similar to below?  I have a dished wheel, and with the collapsible type spacer, the rim's a bit close to me.  Going to an adapter similar to below would be cheaper than a new flat wheel.

Let me know what you've got!!!

RS-095.jpg

On 26/09/2019 at 20:12, TwoHeadsTas said:

OK gents, looking for a couple of bits in case you have something hiding away.

Need standard front sway bar links (not the adjustable ones).  Anybody replaced the standard with adjustable and have the old ones on the shelf?

Also, anyone got a Steering Hub adapter similar to below?  I have a dished wheel, and with the collapsible type spacer, the rim's a bit close to me.  Going to an adapter similar to below would be cheaper than a new flat wheel.

Let me know what you've got!!!

RS-095.jpg

Putting the Momo hub in a press and shortening it about an inch won’t stress it and won’t cost you cent. I’ve seen it done before. Just an idea..........

On 03/10/2019 at 15:01, Rick V said:

Its Baa - aaaack....... I see the black WA Mk2 is back on Carsales.  Sale fallen through?

Yes, apparently finance didn't go through.

I might try check it out this weekend if it hasn't been picked up before that, will let you know.

Hopefully not wasting my time.

2 hours ago, k0nz said:

Yes, apparently finance didn't go through, but I wouldn't trust Westside further than I could throw them. Historically they are the place you sell your car when you can't sell your car.

I might try check it out this weekend if it hasn't been picked up before that, will let you know.

Hopefully not wasting my time.

We all have our experiences I guess but I had an extremely well priced car delivered from Westside sight unseen and it was way better overall than they indicated. They were honest about every imperfection and actually exaggerated a few blemishes here n there. The salesman was pretty hopeless and on his first day I'd reckon, but the manager went to all sorts of lengths to get it on the freighter to Melb late on a Friday arvo...

I have a friend buy a car through Westside (turbo diesel lcruiser), when he arrived to see it he had a wishlist of accessories in his head that he wanted to add to the car after purchasing. After looking over, under, in/out of the car he couldn't sign the contract quick enough. None of the accessories where mentioned in the ad, all of his wishlist and much more had allready been fitted by the previous owner. He calculated $25k+ of extras.

Similar to the advert they put up for mine, no mention of options and was priced well without them but one call and I find it's a one owner, full Chellingworth history, optioned with Sports chrono, pasm, heated sports sets, full leather, bose, and a few others.... jumped straight on it.