996 GT3 Purchase

One of the 3 x 996 GT3RS's in Tassie has just come up

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2004-porsche-911-gt3-rs-996-manual-my04/SSE-AD-6124973/?Cr=0

To my understanding a one owner car, Andrew purchased it new in the UK while he was working over there, came back to Tassie and brought car back with him.

Think most of the cars in Oz are red, blue would be quite rare??

PS took delivery of my GT3 yesterday, off to a "Driver Ed" day at Symmons Plains today with PCT.  Pics to follow later 🙂

1 hour ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2004-porsche-911-gt3-rs-996-manual-my04/SSE-AD-6124973/?Cr=0

To my understanding a one owner car, Andrew purchased it new in the UK while he was working over there, came back to Tassie and brought car back with him.

PS took delivery of my GT3 yesterday, off to a "Driver Ed" day at Symmons Plains today with PCT.  Pics to follow later 🙂

Ad says he purchased it in 2008, no mention of UK delivery....

1 hour ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

That’s competing in price with the one at CTS in Sydney that one has half as many km’s on it both looks stunning though.

4 hours ago, Jwitt74 said:

Images of the books show first services in the UK but yeah no mention in the text.

Talking to some guys that know today, he might have been 2nd owner??, purchased in Belgium apparently.  Apologies for misleading.

19 hours ago, edgy said:

So cool!!! @TwoHeadsTas Stoked for you, glad to see it’s finally yours 

Thanks guys, purchase ended up being a bit protracted - problem with both seller and me being flat stick with other stuff.  Had a lot of fun at Symmons Plains yesterday, about 50kms worth 🙂  Getting used to the right hand gear change, fluffed it a few times, but it will come with practice I'm sure.......

Still an ignition issue to sort out, seems it needs a new diode in the system somewhere, I have the info about it from Pistonheads, will track down when I get a chance. Need to work out whether it's worth it to register or whether I run on permits (we can get 4 nominated trips a month on a $35 permit as far as I can tell, just need to do a bit of forward planning.....).  Registering will require CAMS logbook, which will require new harnesses at minimum - ones in it are dated 1998.....

On 31/07/2019 at 00:08, Windsor289 said:

Thanks for that Windsor, I have referred this on to a couple of mates (996.2 GT3  and 996.2 GT3RS owner, and the guy I bought my GT3 from who also has a 996.2 GT3RS) and they are very appreciative.  One says they will will him some beers during pub "discussions" !!!

On 31/07/2019 at 00:08, Windsor289 said:

These are a fascinating documents, thank you muchos for sharing them.  

22 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Time will tell - let's see how long it sits.......

This is my car - not a forced sale, so in no hurry to sell, will hang onto it rather than tank the price.

Happy to discuss the car in detail with genuine buyers, give me a call :)

Brent 0401 710645