996 GT3 Purchase

3 minutes ago, Burgerman said:

This is my car - not a forced sale, so in no hurry to sell, will hang onto it rather than tank the price.

Happy to discuss the car in detail with genuine buyers, give me a call :)

Brent 0401 710645

Brent, would be more than happy for you to get that price (I think we all would) 🙂 

I'd love to know where all of the "cheap" 996 GT3 Clubsports are? Reality is they are very thin on the ground, Brent's is the only one listed and I can only recall 2-3 that have been listed in the same amount of years. Not easy cars to find and a lot of owners (myself included) are hanging onto them..................cue the "yeh but you can now get a 997 GT3 for 170k.........." comments - chalk and cheesy. 

Best of luck with the sale Brent, great cars and worth every penny. 

16 minutes ago, hugh said:

I'd love to know where all of the "cheap" 996 GT3 Clubsports are? Reality is they are very thin on the ground, Brent's is the only one listed and I can only recall 2-3 that have been listed in the same amount of years. Not easy cars to find and a lot of owners (myself included) are hanging onto them..................cue the "yeh but you can now get a 997 GT3 for 170k.........." comments - chalk and cheesy. 

Hugh, I got one of those unicorns, however being LHD and virtually total track history, I suspect it was an appropriate price.....

8 hours ago, Stephen Tinker said:

Is that a fair price ($175k) in today market - or a little over the top considering it's far from standard & looks like its been tracked...?

It didn't sell previously advertised at $150.

Mint white low km 997 GT3 sold for $150 last week, market ain't what it used to be.

I doubt their would be an Aus delivered 996 GT3 that hasn’t seen a track day. If someone was in the market for a fun weekender or car to take to the occasional track day. I think that their prays have been answered in Brent’s car. It’s been maintained and serviced correctly plus you’re getting a few quality bolt on extras and all for a reasonable price

31 minutes ago, 9er said:

Mint white low km 997 GT3 sold for $150 last week, market ain't what it used to be.

Mint and low km ? Dunno

When I was looking for my GT3 going back a couple of years these cars still came up at that pricing . Nothing much has changed in two years from where I am sitting

2 hours ago, 9er said:

89000ks vs 40000ks over double the ks is hardly comparable and 159k by memory not 150k and wasn’t it a touring? 

Yeah it was a pretty cheap 997 especially when you compare it to an air cooled anything, I think it was a cheap car granted but you can’t compare high klm cars to low k ones. That’s why it was cheap. 

9 hours ago, hugh said:

I agree Hugh, haven’t seen a ‘cheap’ 996 clubsport in years and unless the sky falls in, I doubt you will ever again. 

8 hours ago, RwGreeny said:

I doubt their would be an Aus delivered 996 GT3 that hasn’t seen a track day.

I got one, sad but true 

18 hours ago, Stephen Tinker said:

Is that a fair price ($175k) in today market - or a little over the top considering it's far from standard & looks like its been tracked...?

Yeah fancy taking a car on track that was designed for track driving......sacrilege 😂

6 hours ago, Mick said:

89000ks vs 40000ks over double the ks is hardly comparable and 159k by memory not 150k and wasn’t it a touring? 

89kms in 12 years is hardly high km........get out and drive I say

32 minutes ago, DJM said:

Yeah fancy taking a car on track that was designed for track driving......sacrilege 😂

89kms in 12 years is hardly high km........get out and drive I say

My car has only 21500 kms (2000 car), but nearly all track Kms as far as I can tell.  Mind you, I did 50kms on the track the Sunday after I got the car, managed about 20 laps I reckon......

4 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

My car has only 21500 kms (2000 car), but nearly all track Kms as far as I can tell.  Mind you, I did 50kms on the track the Sunday after I got the car, managed about 20 laps I reckon......

Keep up the good work.   eg 2.5 multiplier over the cars average weekly  k's thus far. 

On 14/08/2019 at 10:32, 9er said:

Sounds like someone who's in the market for one 😂😂😂 should have bought the white one if it was mint and cheap

14 minutes ago, Scott SS964 said:

Sounds like someone who's in the market for one 😂😂😂 should have bought the white one if it was mint and cheap

Hard to see what is mint and cheap from images . I have just sold my 08 997 GT3 with under 30,000 km on it and it has cost me just over $4000 to get it ready for it's new owner .

I can imagine the hidden surprises that need to be addressed on something that appears cheap .

As an owner of a GT3 CS I encourage all other 996 and 997 owners to remember that their car is quite unique in Australia with limited numbers bought into the country. There is a lot of interest in these cars from Porsche enthusiasts that are potential owners one day.

Pricing of these cars will fluctuate relating to supply and demand. More supply less demand prices will have the potential to turn down, less supply more demand prices will strengthen, of course there is such a thing as a flat market or lets say a transition point where markets tend to bubble away with no clear direction. I encourage current owners to think about how and when you market your car, be confident that there is a lot of interest in these cars, much more interest than the number of cars that are available.

2 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

Hard to see what is mint and cheap from images . I have just sold my 08 997 GT3 with under 30,000 km on it and it has cost me just over $4000 to get it ready for it's new owner .

I can imagine the hidden surprises that need to be addressed on something that appears cheap .

Well done mate obviously an off market transaction, whats next for you?

25 minutes ago, Scott SS964 said:

As an owner of a GT3 CS I encourage all other 996 and 997 owners to remember that their car is quite unique in Australia with limited numbers bought into the country. There is a lot of interest in these cars from Porsche enthusiasts that are potential owners one day.

Pricing of these cars will fluctuate relating to supply and demand. More supply less demand prices will have the potential to turn down, less supply more demand prices will strengthen, of course there is such a thing as a flat market or lets say a transition point where markets tend to bubble away with no clear direction. I encourage current owners to think about how and when you market your car, be confident that there is a lot of interest in these cars, much more interest than the number of cars that are available.

Well done mate obviously an off market transaction, whats next for you?

4.0 GT 3 I think . I will wait just a little and see if prices move at all if not I will jump right in . It's only money

Heads up, 14 came to Aus and 7 of these were sold new in Adelaide - so that’s the place to put the feelers out.

i was trying to buy one in 2015 / 16  but guys wanted $700k for them. To rich for me. 

Be interested to see what you come up with, would appreciate if you could keep me in the loop via PM

1 hour ago, wilson59 said:

4.0 GT 3 I think . I will wait just a little and see if prices move at all if not I will jump right in . It's only money

Meaning a 991.2 or the Unicorn 997.2 4.0 

1 minute ago, Scott SS964 said:

Meaning a 991.2 or the Unicorn 997.2 4.0 

16 minutes ago, Jason A said:

Heads up, 14 came to Aus and 7 of these were sold new in Adelaide - so that’s the place to put the feelers out.

i was trying to buy one in 2015 / 16  but guys wanted $700k for them. To rich for me. 

Be interested to see what you come up with, would appreciate if you could keep me in the loop via PM

Sorry should have been more specific 

4 hours ago, wilson59 said:

What did you have to do that cost $4 k on a GT3 @ under  30,000 km??

2 hours ago, Stephen Tinker said:

What did you have to do that cost $4 k on a GT3 @ under  30,000 km??

Service , brake fluids new set of tyres wheel align new front spoiler lip .

I could have just sold in on as was and buyer would have been happy enough but things that needs to be done to make it lPrimo 

8 hours ago, wilson59 said:

Congrats on the sale Paul, that was a great example of a 997 GT3 ..... did it stay in SA, or head over the border?  

Next car will be silver I assume?!?