996 GT3 Purchase

On 02/02/2020 at 15:58, James P said:

Such a tempting car and I'm in love with the 996.1 in black. The mind is toying with the idea to pick it up, use the parts off it to register the fitzy car and then use the heck out of the black car. But suspect the minister of home affairs will veto it. 

2 minutes ago, Harold996tt said:

Such a tempting car and I'm in love with the 996.1 in black. The mind is toying with the idea to pick it up, use the parts off it to register the fitzy car and then use the heck out of the black car. But suspect the minister of home affairs will veto it. 

It’s always better to ask for forgiveness than permission my brother.... 😉

5 minutes ago, Rick V said:

Lorbeks just listed a blue 996GT3RS... not sure if it is the recently advertised Tassie one?

Did anyone end up working out how many blue vs red were aussie delivered??

Yep, I'd say it is Andrew's car, as it notes it was an import in 2012, which is about the time when he came back in live in Australia.  Interesting that it is the 2nd sub $300k RS currently available

55 minutes ago, Harold996tt said:

Probably well suited for that. 

13 hours ago, Rick V said:

Lorbeks just listed a blue 996GT3RS... not sure if it is the recently advertised Tassie one?

Did anyone end up working out how many blue vs red were aussie delivered??

I’ve heard the numbers of 1 in 6 are blue/white to the red/white... that’s a holy grail car the blue RS, I’m in Melbourne till lunch time today, might swing by and take a look at it! 

I swung by to see the ex tassie blue/white RS this morning on the way to the airport.

it presents really well, I love it... left them some details to see about a trade for my 997.. but I’m not optimistic. 

apparently it was traded on a McLaren... in any case, hope it finds a good home 

C6C4C664-CDD3-4B5B-8497-F543BFF796F6.thumb.jpeg.578ad8b5b19e84e0fde279dfbba27074.jpeg

41F1CFAA-C14F-499F-915E-CDD9FD263995.thumb.jpeg.fb1094ac3c998fb2497ed84f2af461bc.jpeg
2335831B-4478-4D83-B901-17E1FEFABEF6.thumb.jpeg.51c0693304b4f5a2eac5788680f24c2c.jpeg

BD790C0D-D679-4B0E-93B4-E122AEE381EC.thumb.jpeg.dfe5eefb79d9672bc8424a72317593c3.jpeg

C82C9360-6098-4E7E-92BA-4070B53797BE.thumb.jpeg.828d56dfaec585adb2e3e1c97fdb8a5f.jpeg

6C885ED7-D655-4D91-9E92-B0F207D997DA.thumb.jpeg.87bda4a468833be109c48e642048cfb4.jpeg

48 minutes ago, JB said:

Surprised the black CS in vic hasn’t sold already!

Each to their own but when you start to look a at the actual gloss, and start looking for any scratches, perhaps not a great buy for some  if your not just an outright driver/ track focused.  E.g. I put some value on a booklet ( could be intrinsic like whose worked on the car) and some stamps if I,m spending a bit of coin on a car.  Others may not.  I had some mail your not likely to get anything in your  inbox if you request some pics of any stamps.

7 minutes ago, Jason A said:

Has anyone viewed the black car, based on pics doesn’t look like a CS. Could be a comfort with some CS bolt ins.

Cant read the option codes under the bonnet

My mate inquired

Its a comfort with a cage fitted.

Its tracked regularly. Photos are better than in the flesh.

Someone will buy it eventually.

18 minutes ago, Jason A said:

Has anyone viewed the black car, based on pics doesn’t look like a CS. Could be a comfort with some CS bolt ins.

Cant read the option codes under the bonnet

No 003 in M codes (last picture of white under hood sticker) 

plus I’m of the understanding that leather wasn’t available in conjunction with 003, it was the Perlon/Nomex only 

in any case, it’s a GT3 for air cooled money.... I know where my $$$ would be going, not that I’m telling you anything you don’t know mate 😂

19 minutes ago, edgy said:

plus I’m of the understanding that leather wasn’t available in conjunction with 003, it was the Perlon/Nomex only 

in any case, it’s a GT3 for air cooled money.... I know where my $$$ would be going, not that I’m telling you anything you don’t know mate 😂

Ok so we have kicked the can down the posts on imports and WOVR's with some  opining no discount to be applied/ others at the other end of the whats it worth spectrum and circa 20 to 25% off the bat on whatever retail is at the time when it comes departing with their cash.  So what's the discount rate if the service book is missing on a Gt3 car and no inliue manila folder( pdf's) of any invoices of note on recommended retail if you have a lazy eye on future pricing?

11 minutes ago, smit2100 said:

So what's the discount rate if the service book is missing on a Gt3 car and no inliue manila folder( pdf's) of any invoices of note on recommended retail if you have a lazy eye on future pricing?

Not too many comparable cars in that context, I’d suggest you buy the car solely on condition and expect some discounting for the lack of documenting... it’s a little hard to say what that discounting should be! But it definitely makes it a hard sell... 

Even when a car has “history”, as long as it’s documented, in due course, that just becomes part of the cars narrative as it grows old....

Hi Guys, I've tried to make contact for this car over the past 48 hours & asked some basic questions in regards to history but have not had any reply. I did get an initial reply to some questions but it's all gone silent from the seller's end. Will update if I hear any news.

10 minutes ago, edgy said:

Not too many comparable cars in that context, I’d suggest you buy the car solely on condition and expect some discounting for the lack of documenting... it’s a little hard to say what that discounting should be! But it definitely makes it a hard sell... 

Even when a car has “history”, as long as it’s documented, in due course, that just becomes part of the cars narrative as it grows old....

There was also recently the other silver car from down Ocean Grove way - it was a UK import, comfort with a Porsche option 1/2 cage for $125,000.  It is still shown as on hold on my Carsales, no idea whether it has actually sold and for what price - anyone in the know??

My silver car, also with extensive motorsport usage like the black one has apparently had, has VERY complete service records going back to 2003, higher mileage, and some engine work POSSIBLY in the foreseeable future, was at a price lower than the $125,000 of the black car.  So I guess it could be argued that the lack of service book could discount the price by $5-$10k??? but, perhaps the big question is, seeing these 3 cars all have some impediments to discount their price somewhat, what would a good road car comfort be worth - $130-$135???  There's several 2nd gens for $150k, real value probably $140-$145, so what is the discount to a 1st Gen - $10-$15k????

Either way, I probably don't really care, as I will have a car I can drive on the road and track, and not be overly concerned about using it for the purpose for which it was designed....

On 03/02/2020 at 21:14, TwoHeadsTas said:

OK, so I'm a cheap skate in some regards.  Cheapest personalised plates in Tas are 3 letters, three digits.  Suggestions for the new car?  Considering GTE 996 (and fiddling a little bit with the E so it looks like a backwards 3).  Any other suggestions?  Could transfer HIS996 from the grey car, but that really is a bit naff anyway...

TOY-996

21 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

There was also recently the other silver car from down Ocean Grove way - it was a UK import, comfort with a Porsche option 1/2 cage for $125,000.  It is still shown as on hold on my Carsales, no idea whether it has actually sold and for what price - anyone in the know??

My silver car, also with extensive motorsport usage like the black one has apparently had, has VERY complete service records going back to 2003, higher mileage, and some engine work POSSIBLY in the foreseeable future, was at a price lower than the $125,000 of the black car.  So I guess it could be argued that the lack of service book could discount the price by $5-$10k??? but, perhaps the big question is, seeing these 3 cars all have some impediments to discount their price somewhat, what would a good road car comfort be worth - $130-$135???  There's several 2nd gens for $150k, real value probably $140-$145, so what is the discount to a 1st Gen - $10-$15k????

Either way, I probably don't really care, as I will have a car I can drive on the road and track, and not be overly concerned about using it for the purpose for which it was designed....

Good stake in the ground view of what their worth today from someone with a wad of cash whose transacted.

What about RAT996 (Road And Track 996 rat)

4 hours ago, edgy said:

My thoughts also on the options- plus airbags in the door trim. Seems to be a clean car - the third time I have seen it for sale over the last few years.

996 GT3 is a no brainer at this price point