WTB 911 SC or 911 3.2

rminc

Only 3 weeks ago we bought a used boat from Gumtree ... should have been and still is a $18k -$20k item .. seller was in a remote location.

To cut a long story short .... 4 hour drive there, 4 hour drive back ... paid $14k ... seller had bought a new boat and wanted rid of it ..

Kicker ..... not in the advert .... $5,500 spent in January last year on Brand New engine (with receipt) ....

I agree SteamWolf ... advertised badly and middle of nowhere ...

Please tell me you towed it home with the Porsche!!!!

(couldn't find a 911 towing a boat pic, the 356 will suffice)

1962_Porsche_356B_1600S_Cabrio_For_Sale_

Thats Good luck, Not hard work. :)

I only half agree with you tomo ....

Hard work? .... You're right, not at all

Good Luck .... no.

Everybody that saw this boat advertised had the same opportunity as me to buy it ... It was a poorly written ad and a long way from home.

I was happy to go out of my way by 8 hours to the back of Bourke to see it. I know many people that wouldn't even travel 1 hour as it's too inconvenient ...

These same people will say ... I can't afford to take a day off work, yet will pay a hefty premium because something is in their back yard.

When something is advertised in the middle of nowhere, or the advert is poorly written, everyone has the same opportunity.. it's just that some will jump at it and others won't.

That's not luck .... it's opportunity. B)

You would be amazed at how few people would even drive 1 hour to look at a potential bargain. Still not luck!  

A friend of a friend says they have a 911 in the garage and do you know anyone that would take it away for them? Now that's luck.

I flew to QLD last week and spent two days looking at a car and PPI   ....   cars will not come to you, and if you wait for the "perfect" car, the time you wait only works agaist you as the pricies are going up and up ...  if you buy now and spend some $$ to make it perfect, you may spend less to fixt it than the price increase while you wait  ....  just my 5cents   

And just for my parting thought on this subject .....

If a car / boat is avertised to the general public ...that makes it fair game to 1000's of people ... that is not luck .

If someone sees me at a car show with my car and says .... I have one of those in my garage that is taking up space, would you be interested in buying it? ..... that's being in the right place at the right time .....That is luck.

• 2 years later...

Hi everyone, reviving an old thread. Ended purchasing an R34 GTR instead of a 911 which I got at a really good price. Turned it over about 3 months ago for a handsome profit and am looking to finally get into a 911.

I'm still after a 911 3.0 or 3.2. Prices have also risen. Whats the going rate at present for something with around 200,00kms? A quick look on carsales shows some very big gaps in pricing

1 hour ago, rminc said:

Hi everyone, reviving an old thread. Ended purchasing an R34 GTR instead of a 911 which I got at a really good price. Turned it over about 3 months ago for a handsome profit and am looking to finally get into a 911.

I'm still after a 911 3.0 or 3.2. Prices have also risen. Whats the going rate at present for something with around 200,00kms? A quick look on carsales shows some very big gaps in pricing

Disregard kms as a basis for pricing. 

It’s the old questions, what do you want? how much have you got to spend?

PCV has a few interesting 3.0/3.2’s on their cars sales page. 

-a pristine refurbished white RHD for $135k

http://www.pcv.com.au/PorscheClubs/pc_victoria/pc_main.nsf/web/14E6F87BB7615C8BC12581C4002BB6F3#pagetop

all the way down to...

-a black bastard converted tarmac special SC for half that money. 

http://www.pcv.com.au/PorscheClubs/pc_victoria/pc_main.nsf/web/4433AB015C279C75C12581A900405980#pagetop

I like black ;)

On 22/11/2017 at 10:43 PM, rminc said:

$75k for an Oz delivered 78? Nice entry price, yet the costs to fix the problems, fit correct rims etc you'd probably bring it up to market value. Depends if you can do some work yourself with how much it will cost. White one looks nice, yet light on details in the ad. 

Personally, the red one and fix it up as you go

Sorry, quoting the post got weird

It's a bit over what I would like to spend, but it does look good. Not much in for in the description. I might just ride it out for now. Would really like to stay around the 80k mark. Even 90k would be good, but there isn't much that suits. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Just an update.

I went and had a look at a high km example 911 3.2 (in excess of 300,000kms). I've decided to target something around the 200,000km mark at a maximum. I do understand that kms aren't everything, which is why I went to see the car in the first place. Even though this particular car was very well looked, it was just tired overall and I think the pricing gap between 200,000kms isn't large enough to compromise for a higher km car.

I've been keeping an eye out on the market and the problem for me is there are some really large price gaps between cars. Especially with the SC model.

Take this one for example which has been 'restored'. It looks relatively clean in the photos, but from looking at the market it appears to be around $35,000 over priced:https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1984/SSE-AD-4242397/?Cr=0

Is there something i seam to be missing as to why it's priced that high?

I really would like a clean Aus delivered 3.2 (matching numbers) with approx 200,000kms and have around $80-90,000 to spend. Is this realistic? 

Thanks.

Edit: I've also seen this car which is at a large premium to other similar cars. Is there something I'm missing?

https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-1982/OAG-AD-15265122/?Cr=4