924 and 924 turbo market watch - oz market

I would never make you feel that way, James ... just because I bought a hot little hatch with Pasha interior that is quickly gaining collector status and being talked about the world over as the next big thing and THE car to find and buy ... B)

Glad you didn't mention your car is a rare non sun roof version... that would have been criminal. 

• 2 months later...
11 minutes ago, michel said:

14k for rods S1 

theres also a tired red  ( surprise ) S2 for 14500. 

Anyone seen it? On an FB forum. I can't find it 

Posted in the FB group "Porsche Cars & Parts For Sale Australia"

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Ozvino said:

“Super Car” and “Highly collectible” love it- lol

looks very straight

Yes, it does. I am lucky to NOT be all that jealous about the interior! 

The clock placement is a crime.

On 3/18/2018 at 4:14 PM, michel said:

My interior is brown and beautiful ... th marred by the stoopid Strathfield radio door speaker install 

no no one saw the blk semi GT wanna be with supercharger . Install.$ 5750

Yes, I enquired. Hasn't run in years apparently. Sounded like a money pit that no torch could see the bottom of.

• 2 weeks later...

I fancy this, its a cool S1 turbo in a cool colour, appears to present ok, but a LHD US car originally! :lol:

Where does that put it in desirability and value? 

Its a tough one... discuss! 

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1980-PORSCHE-924-TURBO-MANUAL-FACTORY-SUNROOF/263576927712?hash=item3d5e68bde0:g:bGsAAOSw6MxavbxR 

s-l1600.jpg

5 hours ago, edgy said:

I fancy this, its a cool S1 turbo in a cool colour, appears to present ok, but a LHD US car originally! :lol:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1980-PORSCHE-924-TURBO-MANUAL-FACTORY-SUNROOF/263576927712?hash=item3d5e68bde0:g:bGsAAOSw6MxavbxR 

s-l1600.jpg

I spotted this yesterday and was instantly in love! I think in the short term it would be a tough sell due to the conversion 

Things I like:

- Colour

- Body and general appearance

Things I don't like:

- Engine looks 'original' and a few items look dodgy. Suspect car is due for an engine rebuild so budget $10k there if you do it yourself.

- Car is a US import. Have all the hassle of dealing with the conversion and challenge of resell.

- Has the US bumpers which I feel kill the lines of the car.

- Has the US engine which is less powerful than the European one (150 hp vs 170 hp if I remember correctly)

- Car has no A/C

I think fair value would be around the $5k mark. I'd hold out for an Aus. delivered car at the current price point.

8 hours ago, edgy said:

s-l1600.jpg

They would be lucky to get that much if it was Aus delivered ....

Upside .... it's a series one

Downside .... it's converted ..  power - the US market cars were detuned  so it doesn' have 170hp like the ROW cars have.

Some like brown, some don't ... personal taste.

As others have said .... it would be a hard sell should one ever wish to move it on ....

• 4 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, 901er said:

You're finally seeing what us 924T owners have been seeing for ages .... welcome to the 924 appreciation society! :cool07:

That is a beautiful example .... I saw it up for auction a couple of months ago.

2 minutes ago, Dreamr said:

You're finally seeing what us 924T owners have been seeing for ages .... welcome to the 924 appreciation society! :cool07:

That is a beautiful example .... I saw it up for auction a couple of months ago.

My old 924t that i sold to a pfa member has a better spec interior, can't go past pasha :D hope he restores it one day :cool07: