924 and 924 turbo market watch - oz market

5 hours ago, XLR8 said:

Yeah, I really don "get" why every seller seems to think a Martini is super special/awesome. Just stickers and interior really.

No different to other items that are factory fitted options I guess.

The other point of view ie the sellers perspective, is that it was a factory tweaked vehicle and is quite rare.  Yes, it could be simply a sticker kit and they used a different colour dye in the interior BUT it was special issue by the factory.

Maybe it's more like the occasional non 'black/white/grey/silver/beige' Porsche.  Someone goes crazy and buys a blue one.  It becomes special!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, JLD said:

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-924-1981/SSE-AD-5409390/?Cr=0

I'm guessing this has had a LHD to RHD conversion? US bumpers and double window switch on passenger side, but no mention in the listing

There are a number of signs that it's a converted car, but yes, you are correct .... it was originally a LHD ...

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, edgy said:

Long way from original. Incorrect carpet and seats,pieces missing from engine bay and possible damage to front end looking at the bumper fit.? Would need to sharpen the pencil dramatically to take it on.

1 hour ago, edgy said:

Dreaming very hard...

The description of how many RHD Martini's are left in the world & how many are registered in oz is totally wrong...

43 minutes ago, Rod C said:

Long way from original. Incorrect carpet and seats,pieces missing from engine bay and possible damage to front end looking at the bumper fit.? Would need to sharpen the pencil dramatically to take it on.

39 minutes ago, James P said:

Dreaming very hard...

The description of how many RHD Martini's are left in the world & how many are registered in oz is totally wrong...

:lol:  Proof, there's no getting that BS past the PFA investigation unit!! 

Also UK delivered ... dreaming very hard, so hard he's got his hand on it. 

2 hours ago, edgy said:

:lol:  Proof, there's no getting that BS past the PFA investigation unit!! 

Also UK delivered ... dreaming very hard, so hard he's got his hand on it. 

Also ... check out the shot of under the rear of the car.

There is so much rust on all of the metal that it begs the questions ... how much more and where??

You'd have to be a brave soul with that one ...

16 hours ago, JLD said:

So from what I read, it's basically a 924  that was delivered new in the UK with some stickers that are now not on the car. And he expects a premium for it.

You forgot the infamous plaque - worth thousands alone.......

hes got friction burns from tugging it so hard

17 hours ago, Rod C said:

Rod, yours must be at $100k car....

17 hours ago, Dreamr said:

Also ... check out the shot of under the rear of the car.

There is so much rust on all of the metal that it begs the questions ... how much more and where??

You'd have to be a brave soul with that one ...

The martini status really brings nothing to it, actually I think it hurts it, because so much of that original Martini stuff is missing! As us former/current 24 owners know, it is hard enough getting the most basic of parts for interiors! 

Really, $2-3K if lucky.. 

3 hours ago, Ozvino said:

You forgot the infamous plaque - worth thousands alone.......

hes got friction burns from tugging it so hard

So its not just the cars undercarriage with corrosion? 

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, edgy said:

I have been resisting making an enquiry... that’s the best NA 924 ive seen since selling my one a couple years ago. 

I was going to say the ks couldn't be right. Then I looked at the pics. Impressive.

3 hours ago, turboT said:

thought you boys might appreciate this. I don't believe she is for sale... (proud owner/father in the pic so watch yourself)

IMG_1293_zpshau11bfy.jpg

I made an offer. Don't mind which one he delivers.

50 minutes ago, Airhead said:

I was going to say the ks couldn't be right. Then I looked at the pics. Impressive.

I made an offer. Don't mind which one he delivers.

One will appreciate with minimum costs and the other is now on the depreciation curve and the running costs are rising

On ‎27‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 10:55, 901er said:

Seems to be sold already! The sellers comment regarding the interest from other Porsche owners is something that I have also experienced. Had my SC and 924 at the Noosa Beach car show a few years back. Spent the whole day talking 924s with various people, nobody had any interest in my 911 as it was one of many in attendance.

22 hours ago, bear924 said:

Seems to be sold already! The sellers comment regarding the interest from other Porsche owners is something that I have also experienced. Had my SC and 924 at the Noosa Beach car show a few years back. Spent the whole day talking 924s with various people, nobody had any interest in my 911 as it was one of many in attendance.

Well, it was a good price. $12k for a car that (it sounds at least) is in pukka condition. I am not surprised it didn't last long.

• 2 months later...
46 minutes ago, 356993??? said:

There seems to be zero running and honest 924 Turbo’s on the open market? 

Are they changing hands behind the scenes or just not coming up for sale?

Seems that they just aren't coming up for sale .... there aren't that many left to be trading hands. I do know of 1 that sold a few months ago privately, but it needed work.

Most of the smart owners hold on to them ... :cool07: