924 and 924 turbo market watch - oz market

21 minutes ago, James P said:

My old 924t that i sold to a pfa member has a better spec interior, can't go past pasha :D hope he restores it one day :cool07:

I have it on good authority that he will definitely be restoring it .... I hear he has already got the new Pasha material from Germany delivered ..... 

I'm also positive that he agrees with you that it's a better spec interior .... Pasha :wub: :wub: :wub:

Lucky bloke!!! :cool07:

34 minutes ago, Dreamr said:

You're finally seeing what us 924T owners have been seeing for ages .... welcome to the 924 appreciation society! :cool07:

That is a beautiful example .... I saw it up for auction a couple of months ago.

is this the one pickles had up for auction? if it is it needs some work doing on it.

4 minutes ago, Dreamr said:

I have it on good authority that he will definitely be restoring it .... I hear he has already got the new Pasha material from Germany delivered ..... 

I'm also positive that he agrees with you that it's a better spec interior .... Pasha :wub: :wub: :wub:

I'll give you double what you paid for it when it's finished ?

18 minutes ago, MARTY said:

is this the one pickles had up for auction? if it is it needs some work doing on it.

Correct .... it is that one. It was traded in to a Porsche dealership on a new car. It could have been bought from Pickles for a lot less than what it's up for now ... I never saw it in person but it certainly looks the goods in the photos ....

20 minutes ago, 901er said:

I'll give you double what you paid for it when it's finished ?

That's a very generous and tempting offer .... :ph34r:  but I'm thinking that once the Pasha is redone and it's all shiny and new, I'll probably make them bury me in it ..... pasha :wub::wub::wub:   :LOL:

15 minutes ago, Dreamr said:

Correct .... it is that one. It was traded in to a Porsche dealership on a new car. It could have been bought from Pickles for a lot less than what it's up for now ... I never saw it in person but it certainly looks the goods in the photos ....

That's a very generous and tempting offer .... :ph34r:  but I'm thinking that once the Pasha is redone and it's all shiny and new, I'll probably make them bury me in it ..... pasha :wub::wub::wub:   :LOL:

I spoke to the garage that serviced it in N.S.W when it was for sale at pickles the mechanic said the car wasn't what the owner thought   he was buying and it needed $$$ spending on it to make it right, he steered me away from it which to me speaks volumes.

if you're feeling poorly Dreamr, I know of a few people who would be willing to help you achieve the 'probably' with absolute certainty.  They'd bypass the car restoration and simply roll you in the fabric and pop you into a local water way. 

You're buried.  Car is saved.

Everyone wins. :wacko:

52 minutes ago, jakroo said:

if you're feeling poorly Dreamr, I know of a few people who would be willing to help you achieve the 'probably' with absolute certainty.  They'd bypass the car restoration and simply roll you in the fabric and pop you into a local water way. 

You're buried.  Car is saved.

Everyone wins. :wacko:

We all need friends like yours ....  :Sweating: :cool07:

5 hours ago, Dreamr said:

Lucky bloke indeed to even buy it off me..

2 minutes ago, jakroo said:

you might think that the water delivery business is a tough one....the donut business is, put simply, full of nutters!  I maintain the 'relationship' with them to ensure I live to see tomorrow.

Chat soon.

Look forward to the update! ....

44 minutes ago, James P said:

Lucky bloke indeed to even buy it off me..

Every time he walks through the garage, or takes it for a run, he realises how lucky he is to have it!! ... :Beer:

47 minutes ago, 901er said:

Am I right in assuming that is a US car converted to RHD (judging by the bumpers)? Nice car all the same (my first Porsche was a 924 so I do have an affection for them).

It annoys me when that happens .... no mention of imported vehicle. Nothing wrong with that per say, but it' almost like it's being hidden ....

@bear924 .... I think they are rarely sold because this practice of hiding the correct information turns people off and news travels fast amongst the classic car buyers ..... it would be interesting to see how long an Aussie delivered car priced right would last ... not too long I'd imagine. Problem is they never come up for sale.

1 hour ago, Dreamr said:

@bear924 .... I think they are rarely sold because this practice of hiding the correct information turns people off and news travels fast amongst the classic car buyers ..... it would be interesting to see how long an Aussie delivered car priced right would last ... not too long I'd imagine. Problem is they never come up for sale.

Yes true. Challenge with the 924 is that if you have a good one, you've spent more getting it to that point, than it is worth selling for. I'm of the view that the 924 turbo will because a sought after retro classic in the next 10 years. Different purchaser than 10 years ago now, with many cars getting the $$ injected to make them drive right. Soon we'll see the odd very sorted car turn up at cars and coffee etc, which will make a few people decide to get one, then the limited supply will encourage prices up. Not to silly levels, however I'm thinking values that would purchase a nice new car (so ~$60k).

11 hours ago, bear924 said:

Yes true. Challenge with the 924 is that if you have a good one, you've spent more getting it to that point, than it is worth selling for. I'm of the view that the 924 turbo will because a sought after retro classic in the next 10 years. Different purchaser than 10 years ago now, with many cars getting the $$ injected to make them drive right. Soon we'll see the odd very sorted car turn up at cars and coffee etc, which will make a few people decide to get one, then the limited supply will encourage prices up. Not to silly levels, however I'm thinking values that would purchase a nice new car (so ~$60k).

I tend to agree. I reckon my 924 is worth about what I purchased it for, and the price of parts I have sunk into her over the past 2 years. Still my favourite car to drive though ....

I think the current blip in 924Ts for sale is a delayed result of the air cooled bubble - they are starting to see the light of day after sitting around for a few years. Is the air cooled bubble over yet? 

• 1 month later...

Been quiet here though there’s three up for sale,  all highly priced

Went turbo shopping in sydney a week ago and looked at three incl the red one at the dealer for 30k . 2 of the 3 incl the dealer car were in need of a lot  of work and we’re aspirationally priced the third aspirational 

what about this 

import 

some marketing tat applied 

and a track car 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/porsche/924/s-le-mans-badge

• 5 weeks later...

There's a Martini liveried 924 on Ebay at the moment.....17k with 'make an offer'

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/RARE-1977-PORSCHE-924-Martini-Rossi-championship-edition-944-928-911coupe/283066928601?hash=item41e81a8dd9%3Ag%3AzT4AAOSwuQxadELd&_nkw=porsche+928&_from=R40&rt=nc

from the advert:

+++++++

1977 Genuine Martini & Rossi Championship edition ( option code 426 )

This is an original Martini , matching numbers car, with the original 4 speed box 

An extremely rare Porsche ( personally owned for a long time)

One of only 100 right hand drives every made WORLD WIDE and only ~25 Australian delivered in 1977 

From my research this is currently the only registered one in Australia and possible one of only a few remaining 

A real head turner 

Extremely low worldwide production numbers ( only produced from 12/76 to 3/77 )

Included is the Porsche Australia verification letter (this is not a mock up)

Australian Delivered  2 / 77  
++++++

24 minutes ago, jakroo said:

There's a Martini liveried 924 on Ebay at the moment.....17k with 'make an offer'

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/RARE-1977-PORSCHE-924-Martini-Rossi-championship-edition-944-928-911coupe/283066928601?hash=item41e81a8dd9%3Ag%3AzT4AAOSwuQxadELd&_nkw=porsche+928&_from=R40&rt=nc

from the advert:

+++++++

1977 Genuine Martini & Rossi Championship edition ( option code 426 )

This is an original Martini , matching numbers car, with the original 4 speed box 

An extremely rare Porsche ( personally owned for a long time)

One of only 100 right hand drives every made WORLD WIDE and only ~25 Australian delivered in 1977 

From my research this is currently the only registered one in Australia and possible one of only a few remaining 

A real head turner 

Extremely low worldwide production numbers ( only produced from 12/76 to 3/77 )

Included is the Porsche Australia verification letter (this is not a mock up)

Australian Delivered  2 / 77  
++++++

I think this one has been around on eBay for ages

4 hours ago, XLR8 said:

Yeah, I really don "get" why every seller seems to think a Martini is super special/awesome. Just stickers and interior really.

It seemed to work for Ford and the XC Cobra .... :Chuckle2: