What's putting a smile on your dial?

That's quick! 4 months to build a complete house? 

Well they actually started 3 weeks ago and it is a 6 month build. Start of Aug to end of Jan (only a week or so out with the chrissie break....)

One builder we saw quoted 100 working days.

Nice. Hope all goes well. 

Thanks, we do too. I will be keeping a very close eye on it......

Edited by ANF

Bit of a win for the missus today

She got made redundant 3 months ago as an executive assistant in a Civil engineering firm (we really didn't need that!), and undertook a 6 month course in Intellectual disability and aged care, which she has wanted to do for 15 years, but got stuck in clerical jobs that she hated. 4 weeks into some voluntary work, she has made such a positive impact on the residents and staff, that they have offered her a casual position which she is told will lead to a full time position when she completes her course.

Very proud of what she has achieved in such a short time

Head surgeon talking up my surgical skills to a collection of nervous fresh students.

apparently i possess "exceptional fine motor control, talent at securing suture knots, and excellent equipment handling skills" which she followed with ".. probably because he works on cars." :lol:

woman i will take a challenging surgery, over dropping the damn bolt into the depths of an engine bay!

Head surgeon talking up my surgical skills to a collection of nervous fresh students.

I spat the dummy on surgery as I prefer to get my hands dirty. Operating on cars is pretty satisfying - and you don't have to put up with the same old  nurse <> anaesthetist <> surgeon banter over & over. 

I spat the dummy on surgery as I prefer to get my hands dirty. Operating on cars is pretty satisfying - and you don't have to put up with the same old  nurse <> anaesthetist <> surgeon banter over & over. 

you also don't have to put the car back together straight away either :P 
can leave it sit for a few weeks haha

I'm not affiliated with Laminex or anything related to them. Just posting this for your information as an alternative

I'll be using Laminex 'Aqua Panel' for my bathroom after the 912 is finished.

Easy job, just 2400 x 900 or 1200 poly sheets (cut to requirements with a jigsaw blade where required), circles of silicone onto the existing tiles, some 9mm alloy U channel on the floor to slot them into, 'T' joiners in white or alloy finish, job done. One panel with no cutting, 5 minutes installation 

Reckon my bathroom will take 8 hours tops to line the walls ;)

I've used it to do a splashback in my old unit above the kitchen sink. Quoted $2000ish in glass. Cost me $110 plus a tube of clear silicone and 10 minutes, and 'Metaline' product for behind the cooker

For those that think outside the square and are doing a reno (bathrooms, laundries, kithcens, feature walls anywhere in the house), they are fire rated Laminex panels that are basically poly plastic sandwiched with 3mm aluminium sheet available in all sorts of colours. Great stuff and a LOT less hassle than tiling or painting

Metaline. Here ya go http://www.laminex.com.au/products.php#!/walls-and-panels/metaline-splashbacks-and-panels/

Hahahaha, sorry mate. It's a small bathroom if thats any consolation

Her ladyship tries to tell me tiling would be better. Yeah probably, but you won't be the one doing the job with buggered knee's, so Aqua Panel it is!

I've already cut some 3mm MDF panels as a template (she doesnt know that though) so it will probably be quicker than 8 hours. 

I really like the Metaline product. Have been told that a lady lined her whole house with the stuff. Dare say that wouldve been rather expensive!

I'm not affiliated with Laminex or anything related to them. Just posting this for your information as an alternative

I'll be using Laminex 'Aqua Panel' for my bathroom after the 912 is finished.

Easy job, just 2400 x 900 or 1200 poly sheets (cut to requirements with a jigsaw blade where required), circles of silicone onto the existing tiles, some 9mm alloy U channel on the floor to slot them into, 'T' joiners in white or alloy finish, job done. One panel with no cutting, 5 minutes installation 

Reckon my bathroom will take 8 hours tops to line the walls ;)

I've used it to do a splashback in my old unit above the kitchen sink. Quoted $2000ish in glass. Cost me $110 plus a tube of clear silicone and 10 minutes, and 'Metaline' product for behind the cooker

For those that think outside the square and are doing a reno (bathrooms, laundries, kithcens, feature walls anywhere in the house), they are fire rated Laminex panels that are basically poly plastic sandwiched with 3mm aluminium sheet available in all sorts of colours. Great stuff and a LOT less hassle than tiling or painting

Metaline. Here ya go http://www.laminex.com.au/products.php#!/walls-and-panels/metaline-splashbacks-and-panels/

A client of mine uses a similar product to line the inside of modified shipping containers.  Makes for a nice waterproof interior.