Carrera 3.0 market watch

15 minutes ago, Diamond911 said:

Not a Carrera 3 but a Carrera 2.7 MFI. Davids car (Allsports) & beautifully restored & a very good job just like he did with my 930 

46 minutes ago, James P said:

Not a Carrera 3 but a Carrera 2.7 MFI. Davids car (Allsports) & beautifully restored & a very good job just like he did with my 930 

It's a terrific looking car and presents perfectly, the colour is brilliant, Aus del, everything right. Can't be many here like that. In saying that, will be interesting if it sells soon, been on Gumtree about a month and pretty hard to extract mid 2's outta people, hard to price maybe? If I was in the market for one of those or similar, I'd fork over the price with a bit of a tyre kick, but probably well worth those bucks

31 minutes ago, Troubleshooter said:

It's a terrific looking car and presents perfectly, the colour is brilliant, Aus del, everything right. Can't be many here like that. In saying that, will be interesting if it sells soon, been on Gumtree about a month and pretty hard to extract mid 2's outta people, hard to price maybe? If I was in the market for one of those or similar, I'd fork over the price with a bit of a tyre kick, but probably well worth those bucks

totally agree beautiful example and totally love that color ...:D

• 3 months later...

Ok, the mate is getting a bit more serious about selling, but not in a rush, right offer and it's gone. So I am basically after an estimate of value to pass on to the owner for him to decide ?

1977 C3.0 Australian delivered, sunroof delete, approx.500k km+, 3rd owner, delivery dockets and records, factory verified matching numbers,  original dark brown metallic paint which needs a roof respray, caramel coloured interior (sorry don't know the correct factory names) recent engine and gearbox rebuild (3rd), drivers seat shows 500k of use, Monty muffler (original supplied), modified air filter (original supplied), fitted with the black rubber whale tail (as delivered) and Turbo tie rods.  Has had a Retro-air AC upgrade, most original parts available. 

This has been a daily driver most of it's life with good service and maintenance history, no accidents and never tracked. Plenty of patina.

Photos are a bit ordinary

https://www.shannons.com.au/club/enthusiasts/dannyp/photos/all/

if he decides to sell I will post in the For Sale section

Thanks all

The red C3 on carsales at $169500 has been on for ages and looks to be very good. Autohaus had one not long ago at $120000 not sure if it sold but that one was on for a long time also.

C3 is a generally a bit misunderstood & in a quiet market for a car as described I would think $80-100k tops. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
33 minutes ago, 901er said:

Full Engine Rebuild by Kane Hearn of Zuffenhaus Classics in Melbourne at approx. 285,000km. • Engine now producing approx. 240hp (originally 200hp) and 210 ft-lb (originally 188 ft-lb) • Engine No. 6671082

I wonder what they did to get that big increase in output??

1 hour ago, 901er said:

Is that a pretty crazy price for a C3.0 despite it being Aust delivered RHD and engine rebuild? I would have though these were still a mid 100 car based on how long they seem to sit on carsales for.Like the red aussie delivered one...

I looked at a PPI for it when it was about $52k and thought it was too much then!?

However I've always particularly liked the look of it and with all the work done on it now it must be pretty well perfect.  But Skiddy's car looks as good and is much better value proposition.

"effectively a naturally aspirated version of the 930 Turbo's powerplant (using the same die-cast aluminium crankcase and gearbox housing for durability)."

crankcase yes, but gearbox ?

20 hours ago, D-banger said:

Was that the car that had PMO's when originally listed, that were later changed back to factory CIS?  Took a while to sell?

Took a while to sell, yes,  can't remember whether carbs or not sorry  

On 6/22/2018 at 11:06 PM, D-banger said:

Was that the car that had PMO's when originally listed, that were later changed back to factory CIS?  Took a while to sell?

Yes,  that’s the one.

i noticed one of the photographs is from the advert of that time.

• 1 year later...
7 hours ago, FAP911 said:

Cheap. Someone got a good deal. 

I guess some would argue the turbo look conversion would detract from its originality but I would be proud to have that car parked in my garage.

At that price you won't feel too bad actually sticking a turbo on it to match the exterior mods!

Imagine a modern turbo with a modern efi system, no lag, just gobs of creamy smooth torque.....mmmmmm, I think we've just worked out your next project car Mike!

3 minutes ago, Peter M said:

At that price you won't feel too bad actually sticking a turbo on it to match the exterior mods!

Imagine a modern turbo with a modern efi system, no lag, just gobs of creamy smooth torque.....mmmmmm, I think we've just worked out your next project car Mike!

I think I am near the end of my current project car; it's running pretty well. Want to buy it?

9x0WXQ2.jpg

jSxrN83.jpg

bHH8pT5.jpg

yM9qTLF.jpg