8 minutes ago, edgy said:

I think it’s in line with world market pricing… for a model that had quite a production run, it would make sense…. So it seems there’s a lot of listings that sellers likely got in at the elevated market yet don’t necessarily need to sell. 

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/2003-porsche-911-996-gt3-rs-6

This in line? Sorry not a 991

Australian prices have always been higher as long as I’ve been into cars. Can thank protectionist policies for that. Given it seems no politicians have the appetite to remove those protections, our prices will stay higher than overseas.

That said, it’d be great if pre-covid pricing came back - probably lose anything I’d save building another shed however.

Oi! 

Don't be shit canning sellers cars on here! 

If you've had a less than favourable experience with a seller because they didn't accept your lowball offer (you know who you are), keep it to yourself or do it privately if someone asks questions about it

I’m currently in Germany / Europe and had a look down the production lines at Porsche and seems no shortage of orders for 911 and Taycan with factories running 2 solid shifts.
To note European production has finished for GT4 & GT4RS as they no longer comply however deliveries are continuing in some country’s. 
The 911 line had a mix of 992.1 and 992.2 cars I saw a few 3RS for Japan going through. 
All but confirmed that the manual Porsche (all models) is dead for the Australian market as Porsche will not be completing what’s required to make them comply with our new regulations-  being a niche product. 

3 hours ago, SS 3 said:

I’m currently in Germany / Europe and had a look down the production lines at Porsche and seems no shortage of orders for 911 and Taycan with factories running 2 solid shifts.
To note European production has finished for GT4 & GT4RS as they no longer comply however deliveries are continuing in some country’s. 
The 911 line had a mix of 992.1 and 992.2 cars I saw a few 3RS for Japan going through. 
All but confirmed that the manual Porsche (all models) is dead for the Australian market as Porsche will not be completing what’s required to make them comply with our new regulations-  being a niche product. 

Looks like Simon and you are having a great time Scott!!!  Some great photos on FB, make me very jealous 🙂 

4 hours ago, SS 3 said:

Stupid health and safety regulations getting in the way of having a good time- as usual.

On 16/07/2024 at 06:02, NBTBRV8 said:

You just can't compare markets, at best it might given you an idea of a trend, but the factors that go in to it are too different so I just would not more than look and wish.

I would strongly argue this... NZ is a fair market comparable, with one exception; their government doesn't impose anti-consumer automotive lobby groups like Australia does, look there and see what your $$ gets you, even if you were willing to pay the LCT (+ Duty where applicable) the inability to get an import approval is your show stopper.  

The tax is one thing, and that certainly keeps market pricing high in any high tax jurisdiction, but the restraint on consumers to chose where they source their vehicle from in the interest of standards & safety (whilst protecting local manufacturing) is a blatant lie. 

31 minutes ago, edgy said:

I would strongly argue this... NZ is a fair market comparable, with one exception; their government doesn't impose anti-consumer automotive lobby groups like Australia does, look there and see what your $$ gets you, even if you were willing to pay the LCT (+ Duty where applicable) the inability to get an import approval is your show stopper.  

The tax is one thing, and that certainly keeps market pricing high in any high tax jurisdiction, but the restraint on consumers to chose where they source their vehicle from in the interest of standards & safety (whilst protecting local manufacturing) is a blatant lie. 

I don't disagree with the second paragraph, it is a good revenue raiser to pay for Government expenditure rather than investing back to the motorists benefit.

I do disagree that the markets are the same and comparable.  Things such as general economy, interest rates, wages, cost of living, number of cars supplied to the market, grey imports as well as the taxes mean that you simply can't convert the NZ dollar to Australian and say that is comparing apples with apples.  I am not saying that they are chalk and cheese, but should be nothing more than a point of interest.

Looks like the ex-SA to Lorbek car is going up for auction.  I wonder if Lorbek had it on consignment (unofficially), otherwise why wouldn't you discount the car further than pay the auction fees and hassle of putting it through auction?

https://www.pickles.com.au/used/details/cars/2019-porsche-911/61636198

At least the market has spoken, very low km car with a good spec can't sell for ~$350k plus ORC.

Edited by NBTBRV8
Price and state

I inspected this car about 6 months ago when Lorbek just taken over the listing from the original owner, who originally, had it listed on Carsales for about 6 month @ 369k with no apparent success. Lorbek listed it at 399k but were slightly negotiable. IMHO, the car in the current market should be around low 300's at most on the road.  Car presented in mint condition. Couldn't see any obvious issues but certainly didn't do the PPI.

So the question is,  what do you think it's worth?

Does anyone here know the car's history?

Incidentally, another car coming up on CC in a similar spec with a slightly more kms.

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/2018-porsche-911-991-2-gt3-8

I think $320-330 before stamps and on roads as it varies too much between states (you being in Vic getting shafted the mostest).

Market is softening, but not that quick to below $300 in my opinion.

On 20/07/2024 at 16:28, vtsyrlin said:

I inspected this car about 6 months ago when Lorbek just taken over the listing from the original owner, who originally, had it listed on Carsales for about 6 month @ 369k with no apparent success. Lorbek listed it at 399k but were slightly negotiable. IMHO, the car in the current market should be around low 300's at most on the road.  Car presented in mint condition. Couldn't see any obvious issues but certainly didn't do the PPI.

So the question is,  what do you think it's worth?

Does anyone here know the car's history?

Incidentally, another car coming up on CC in a similar spec with a slightly more kms.

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/2018-porsche-911-991-2-gt3-8

I called up when they did the first price drop at Lorbek and offered $320k, they knocked it back. It's very interesting why it didn't sell considering another similar spec car with more KM's and more $ sold at the same time at PCW, which I also made an offer on.

The one on CC does not have the full factory clubsport pack unfortunately.

4 hours ago, C_S_Lewis said:

I called up when they did the first price drop at Lorbek and offered $320k, they knocked it back. It's very interesting why it didn't sell considering another similar spec car with more KM's and more $ sold at the same time at PCW, which I also made an offer on.

The one on CC does not have the full factory clubsport pack unfortunately.

Did you offer 320k drive away? I've initially offered 360k drive away but they also declined. I've now changed my mind and no longer want the white color. Hoping more will come to the market at favourable prices.

2 hours ago, vtsyrlin said:

Did you offer 320k drive away? I've initially offered 360k drive away but they also declined. I've now changed my mind and no longer want the white color. Hoping more will come to the market at favourable prices.

Yes $320k driveaway. Based on watching the market for over 12 months and seeing the sold prices, as well as the trajectory, I think thats fair value.

I am actually thinking of buying a 991.1 GT3RS as they are coming into that $320k price point. It just keeps getting better the longer we wait.

Edited by C_S_Lewis
added content

21 hours ago, C_S_Lewis said:

Yes $320k driveaway. Based on watching the market for over 12 months and seeing the sold prices, as well as the trajectory, I think thats fair value.

I am actually thinking of buying a 991.1 GT3RS as they are coming into that $320k price point. It just keeps getting better the longer we wait.

Looks like we are both in the same position. 320k drive away is right on the money. The market is moving back to pre-covid days, around 300k for a low km 991.2 GT3 is a fair market value (IMHOI). The 992.1 GT3 are also moving south. 

Funny  you've mentioned GT3RS, I am also inclined to find one but more interested in 991.2.  Seeing most around mid 400's which is still outside of my budget. Would definitely prefer 991.2GT3 over 992 GT3. I feel that we should be seeing reasonable prices towards the end of 2024. What's your take? When are you thinking of pulling trigger?

Does anyone else think the covid prices the aberration?
If so my logic says the pre COVID prices are not a floor but simply a depreciation point the market will punch straight through, with the 991.2 gt3 cars now another 3 or more years older, lots for sale, 992 coming on market second hand too, and near 20 GT4RS also putting pressure on the market second hand..? 

$320k 3 years ago also isn’t worth what it was back then. So I guess you have to get the pre Covid price and add inflation. 320k back in 2021 is 370k now. 

With that said, you are right, pre Covid pricing isn’t a floor, it’s just a value on their way to full depreciation. 

While I am more than happy to hypothesise about the potential price drops, I am still not seeing too many owners dropping their prices in any particular hurry.  Sellers are holding out hoping to get their asking prices. Kind of stalemate in the market at the moment. Obviously I am biased as I am hoping to find one at the right price.

3 hours ago, vtsyrlin said:

Looks like we are both in the same position. 320k drive away is right on the money. The market is moving back to pre-covid days, around 300k for a low km 991.2 GT3 is a fair market value (IMHOI). The 992.1 GT3 are also moving south. 

Funny  you've mentioned GT3RS, I am also inclined to find one but more interested in 991.2.  Seeing most around mid 400's which is still outside of my budget. Would definitely prefer 991.2GT3 over 992 GT3. I feel that we should be seeing reasonable prices towards the end of 2024. What's your take? When are you thinking of pulling trigger?

I am with you on all points, except for the 992 GT3 which is my preferred option. However, I don't really want to go there as I think they have a lot of depreciation coming in the immediate future.

With the GT3RS I too would prefer the .2 but I don't think they represent good value at this point in time. They will face the same selling pressure as all the other cars on the market so I expect declines in price there too.

Timing wise I am ready to pull the trigger on the right car. What is holding me back in some cases is the continual decline in prices. This means that cars like the RS are starting to come into budget, which is exciting.

The following might be controversial, but the bond market is suggesting the US is heading for a recession if they don't start cutting rates sooner than the September estimate. That will have a flow on effect here if it eventuates, putting more selling pressure on all sorts of things. Couple that with a potential rate rise here, or higher for longer, and we might see a very bearish scenario unfold. Cash is king in this environment. Keep your powder dry.

The 991.1 RS market seems to be coming back to where it was formerly, currently four examples at $330k and under, but they’re not moving, the white one at Rennauto seems to be the one that was listed privately last at $328k and promptly disappeared before showing up there, it’s had multiple price reductions so far… things are getting interesting as I do think for the right example at this level it’s the relative good buy in the market.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2016-porsche-911-gt3-rs-991-auto-my16/SSE-AD-15767644

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2016-porsche-911-gt3-rs-991-auto-my16/SSE-AD-16113347

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2016-porsche-911-gt3-rs-991-auto-my16/OAG-AD-23440037

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2015-porsche-911-gt3-rs-991-auto-my16/OAG-AD-23126256

This one is rather ideal spec…. I could be tempted! 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2016-porsche-911-gt3-rs-991-auto-my16/OAG-AD-23525923

9 hours ago, C_S_Lewis said:

I am with you on all points, except for the 992 GT3 which is my preferred option. However, I don't really want to go there as I think they have a lot of depreciation coming in the immediate future.

With the GT3RS I too would prefer the .2 but I don't think they represent good value at this point in time. They will face the same selling pressure as all the other cars on the market so I expect declines in price there too.

Timing wise I am ready to pull the trigger on the right car. What is holding me back in some cases is the continual decline in prices. This means that cars like the RS are starting to come into budget, which is exciting.

The following might be controversial, but the bond market is suggesting the US is heading for a recession if they don't start cutting rates sooner than the September estimate. That will have a flow on effect here if it eventuates, putting more selling pressure on all sorts of things. Couple that with a potential rate rise here, or higher for longer, and we might see a very bearish scenario unfold. Cash is king in this environment. Keep your powder dry.

That's exactly why I am not rushing to buy at the moment. I'm keeping my powder dry, at least until the end of the year. Financial markets, higher interest rates, Porsches, luxury watches, and other luxury goods are all affected by the current negativity. One can assume that prices should trend downward more aggressively. Yet, most people who can afford these things in the first place are quite resilient, so time will tell whether you and I will get our "good deal" by the end of the year.

What I don't understand is how GT3 market in Europe has taken a real hit while here we are on a very slow trajectory. My ideal buy would be a 991.2 GT3RS but the price has to begin with "3" :) Like you said, it's an exciting prospect, so keeping my fingers crossed. Keep me posted on anything you are aiming for (I don't want to be unknowingly pushing the price up for you). 

21 minutes ago, Shedpest said:

Don't the RS's  go bang like the 991.1 GT3 or has everyone forgotten about the dud motors?

Not sure I could live with the thought it could self destruct at anytime.

2016 Porsche 911 GT3 RS v 2016 Porsche Cayman GT4 comparison review (whichcar.com.au)

I thought that issue was resolved via a recall? Also, if it hadn't gone "bang" in 8 years, surely must be ok by now?

1 hour ago, edgy said:

The 991.1 RS market seems to be coming back to where it was formerly, currently four examples at $330k and under, but they’re not moving, the white one at Rennauto seems to be the one that was listed privately last at $328k and promptly disappeared before showing up there, it’s had multiple price reductions so far… things are getting interesting as I do think for the right example at this level it’s the relative good buy in the market.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2016-porsche-911-gt3-rs-991-auto-my16/SSE-AD-15767644

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2016-porsche-911-gt3-rs-991-auto-my16/SSE-AD-16113347

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2016-porsche-911-gt3-rs-991-auto-my16/OAG-AD-23440037

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2015-porsche-911-gt3-rs-991-auto-my16/OAG-AD-23126256

This one is rather ideal spec…. I could be tempted! 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2016-porsche-911-gt3-rs-991-auto-my16/OAG-AD-23525923

thanks for the list. I like the last example (purple is a such an amazing color) but the car has been dealership owned for the past 2 years. I can imagine the type of driving that was "thrown" at it.