3 minutes ago, Lindo said:

Engine has been replaced and is ex press vehicle. 

I remember reading about that in a magazine, it blew when being driven by a journalist.  He claimed that he was driving it on the road and it just started to run rough then steam came out of the decklid.  He went on to say that PCA weren't too happy as you'd imagine.

Sounds perfect for me - get the word out there so I can pick it up quietly at wholesale and continue to flog it.  
Engine issue sorted  at 2,000km and still under Porsche warranty, what’s not to like (other than the inferior engine design that lives on).  Better than one that’s used to pottering aaround town to cars n coffee.

19 hours ago, Lindo said:

Anyone know much about this white 991.1 RS car for sales at Hogans in Sydney.

Previous owner Bruce Hibbard so wondering if car has been extensively tracked and had a hard life or not. Anyone know?

Has been with Hogans since June and still for sale.

I see they have now taken the black stripes off it.

On 25/08/2020 at 10:03, NBTBRV8 said:

I remember reading about that in a magazine, it blew when being driven by a journalist.  He claimed that he was driving it on the road and it just started to run rough then steam came out of the decklid.  He went on to say that PCA weren't too happy as you'd imagine.

Here is the article.

Wheels 2016-05.pdf

2 hours ago, Lindo said:

Interesting.

The car has also been campaigned in recent years extensively by Tim Hendy in  Targa, hill sprints, etc.

Its certainly had a interesting life thus far! Some would say being used as they were intended however.

I assume you are referring to the Orange .1 RS

1 hour ago, luzzo said:

Certainly has been the trend.

Seems like people with the means now have extra time & boredom is having an effect...  :huh:

Who’d have thought.  Property prices also holding up (well in my neck of the woods at least, limited stock and strong demand).   It is counter intuitive with a million unemployed, immigration all but stopped and our first recession for 30 years.  I guess its the rich getting richer and the poor getting poorer......

My prediction is @wilson59 timed it spot on......🤑

41 minutes ago, DJM said:

Who’d have thought.  Property prices also holding up (well in my neck of the woods at least, limited stock and strong demand).   It is counter intuitive with a million unemployed, immigration all but stopped and our first recession for 30 years.  I guess its the rich getting richer and the poor getting poorer......

My prediction is @wilson59 timed it spot on......🤑

It’s not too late, there is still 2 weeks left! 

On 29/08/2020 at 21:14, DJM said:

My prediction 

Your game predicting anything in this environment!! The GT3 market does seem a little thin at the moment, I think Sellers like buyers are being very cautious trying to understand what's happening and what the effects to values maybe in the short to medium term.

One things for sure if I was a seller or even contemplating selling I would be selling into this market right now no chance I would be waiting.

1 minute ago, Scott SS964 said:

Your game predicting anything in this environment!! The GT3 market does seem a little thin at the moment, I think Sellers like buyers are being very cautious trying to understand what's happening and what the effects to values maybe in the short to medium term.

One things for sure if I was a seller or even contemplating selling I would be selling into this market right now no chance I would be waiting.

You'd think that but as a general rule used car prices haven't shifted.  I think Victorian sellers are just riding it out at the moment and used car prices are holding up after new car supply stopped forcing prices up even though now new car supplies have started to creep back in.

The reality is that there isn't enough pain about to shift prices at present.

4 minutes ago, NBTBRV8 said:

You'd think that but as a general rule used car prices haven't shifted.  I think Victorian sellers are just riding it out at the moment and used car prices are holding up after new car supply stopped forcing prices up even though now new car supplies have started to creep back in.

The reality is that there isn't enough pain about to shift prices at present.

Trying to buy anything new is almost impossible . I went to buy a new bike the other day and was told November if I am lucky .

Seems to be a lot of money being spent at the moment so no one is discounting not too sure how far off the possibilities are off in be able to take delivery of a new GT3 . 

I have been speaking to a sales guy from a Porsche Dealership in Melbourne and he told me that he had a busier sales month in August than July.  This corroborates what we are seeing with prices staying firm or even marginally increasing.

Pandemics are good fur business apparently.

27 minutes ago, NBTBRV8 said:

Fresh meat to the market.   I wonder if this was the one for sale about 12 months or so ago?

Check out this 2014 Porsche 911 GT3 991 Auto MY15.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2014-porsche-911-gt3-991-auto-my15/SSE-AD-6734663

What does “fitted with the latest Gold spec engine” mean? Gold spec = ???

1 hour ago, Shedpest said:

"Most people are probably aware that all series 1 engines had a manufacturing defect from a third party supplier with regards to the valve train. "

A great "heads up" for people that aren't in the know.

And the "Gold" series engine is not a fix either . 

1 hour ago, Shedpest said:

"Most people are probably aware that all series 1 engines had a manufacturing defect from a third party supplier with regards to the valve train. "

A great "heads up" for people that aren't in the know.

Shame that is not the case. The initial batch had a rod issue that was third party and a full recall was done. The valve-train issue is a design problem that has a different sized bandaid on it depending on the engine revision. Having the latest engine is not a fix.