7 minutes ago, NBTBRV8 said:

I don't know about that, I've known a number of CS owners over the years that have never had it on the track.  They tick that option for the theatre.

I get both arguments . I have so many purchases that were not made be using common sense just desire .  

45 minutes ago, hugh said:

I don't understand why you would buy a GT3 if you didn't intend to ever drive at a racetrack. 

Because they are not a race car, awesome road car but  they are at least 300kg to heavy and anyone that thinks they are a race car is a wanker.

4 hours ago, hugh said:

I don't understand why you would buy a GT3 if you didn't intend to ever drive at a racetrack. 

I hope you don't mean 996 or 997GT3's seeing track time ...... #investments 😂😂 

6 hours ago, StevepGT3 said:

Because they are not a race car, awesome road car but  they are at least 300kg to heavy and anyone that thinks they are a race car is a wanker.

Same can be said of the GT3RS as it’s really no closer to being a race car either. But then a race car and a track car are two very different beasts. 

1 hour ago, Redracn said:

Same can be said of the GT3RS as it’s really no closer to being a race car either. But then a race car and a track car are two very different beasts. 

8 hours ago, StevepGT3 said:

Agree RS makes an impressive track car.  it’s very rare to see even dedicated track cars going under 1:40 at PI, let alone a showroom spec road reg car.  Pretty impressive.  

If you want to go racing then of course this is not even on the shopping list.

6 minutes ago, DJM said:

Agree RS makes an impressive track car.  it’s very rare to see even dedicated track cars going under 1:40 at PI, let alone a showroom spec road reg car.  Pretty impressive.  

If you want to go racing then of course this is not even on the shopping list.

So does the “ because race car” wank speak get dropped then?

29 minutes ago, StevepGT3 said:

So does the “ because race car” wank speak get dropped then?

Eh?  No one said it’s a race car but ideal for the odd track day.  A 991.2 GT3 RS would be top of the time charts (by some margin) at most track days I go to.

What would you do with it otherwise?  A Carrera will get you to the coffee shop just as quickly and for a lot less coin.

14 minutes ago, edgy said:

GT3 & GT3RS = Track Day weapon 

GT3 Cup = Race Car 

GT3-R = The big dick swingers league 

RSR = Diesel gate was probably good to you, you fly private aviation, let’s go to this Soirée called Le Mans I hear there’s other motoring enthusiasts there? 

A real race car is designed, engineered and constructed from the ground up with the single no compromise focus on winning races. 
the RSR and R are close to this with wishbone front suspension etc but the CUP is still way too compromised by its road car origins eg strut front suspension so is really just a very advanced track car.  
Just because you can race it dose not mean it is a race car. 

9 hours ago, Redracn said:

A real race car is designed, engineered and constructed from the ground up with the single no compromise focus on winning races. 

Built with almost no compromise. No compromise would mean nothing would ever be built because there's always a compromise made (personally I'd go further to say there are plenty of them made each and every time .... materials, time, funds, purpose and even the jockey's dimensions, weight, age, experience etc etc).

And certainly, if you race a car then it means it's a race car even if it's not made for the very specific purpose of racing.  There are plenty of off the production line races all around the world for all of time so far for many different things that can be raced or competed with.

12 hours ago, Redracn said:

the RSR and R are close to this with wishbone front suspension etc but the CUP is still way too compromised by its road car origins eg strut front suspension so is really just a very advanced track car.  

Seems some of the humour got lost... and whilst I get your point, they are all race cars at a certain level of competition, be it one make Carrera Cup, or WEC Endurance GTE