4 hours ago, DJM said:

🥱 does anyone really care about the nuances between track car, race car and “real” race car?  Some blokes enjoy racing old Hyundai Excels.  Who cares, back to the market watch eh?

Don't tell anyone but the majority of the GT3 market are wannabe racers that don't wanna go to the track even if they do they'll never push 100% maybe 80% max. Porsche know this and have developed the perfect car for this demographic; so who cares who does what with the car, its the emotive connection that counts and if you're a driver they do this like no other car I have experienced. Even just starting them up and backing out the driveway is grouse!!!😂😂😁😁

1 hour ago, NBTBRV8 said:

Another well used car to the market.  Top price though.

Check out this 2016 Porsche 911 GT3 RS 991 Auto MY16.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2016-porsche-911-gt3-rs-991-auto-my16/OAG-AD-18392817

It's obviously had a hard life so far........  Such a shame.......

4 hours ago, Scott SS964 said:

Don't tell anyone but the majority of the GT3 market are wannabe racers that don't wanna go to the track even if they do they'll never push 100% maybe 80% max. Porsche know this and have developed the perfect car for this demographic; so who cares who does what with the car, its the emotive connection that counts and if you're a driver they do this like no other car I have experienced. Even just starting them up and backing out the driveway is grouse!!!😂😂😁😁

GT3 is the best wannabe race car out there. The newer they get the more wannabe they are. :lol:

7 hours ago, edgy said:

Calling @Jason A ... can you politely correct us all?? Or just tell us we are all wrong... need to restore the balance here buddy

@edgy My pleasure, in the olden days !! most GT and RS variants - I would suggest the vast majority saw the track 911, 964, 993 - some more than others. When released at least 15-30 road going 996 GT3’s were regulars in our club. Of those 3-4 are still regular competitors in motorsports competition. 997 the numbers dropped off a bit and today 991 a half a dozen are exercised and GT4’s hardly any.

As the cars have grown up and have also been produced in larger numbers - the demographic has changed.

Back then those that didn’t have a cage, folks fitted the and then put them to use.

I am in the camp that if you have a Porsche you should track it to explore what the car can do in a safe environment. I have been around Lakeside in a Cayanne Gemballa back in the day and it was bloody fast, chased a cup car in the new Turbo Panamera when it came out, not much in it I was surprised, seen a Macan complete in a Motorkhana recently and place top 5.

Cage or no Cage, get out and use it. If your sensible it is almost impossible to hurt your P car.

5 hours ago, NBTBRV8 said:

Another well used car to the market.  Top price though.

Check out this 2016 Porsche 911 GT3 RS 991 Auto MY16.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2016-porsche-911-gt3-rs-991-auto-my16/OAG-AD-18392817

Crazy price, surely noone is paying 410k for a .1 when .2s are not much more. This was marked as sold today, listed at 449k.  

47 minutes ago, NBTBRV8 said:

No, the car I was talking about had steel brakes

It is the one with steel brakes that sold a few weeks ago for $320k that is back up for sale. That website gt3rs is old and sold a few years ago. Absolute prestige only keeps his instagram page up to date, so check it out on there.

41 minutes ago, Lindo said:

It is the one with steel brakes that sold a few weeks ago for $320k that is back up for sale. That website gt3rs is old and sold a few years ago. Absolute prestige only keeps his instagram page up to date, so check it out on there.

I am not on Instagram so can't see it, how much does he want for it if he paid $320k?

You are limiting your audience if you just limit inventory to Instagram which is generally locked down.

2 hours ago, Lindo said:

That website gt3rs is old and sold a few years ago. Absolute prestige only keeps his instagram page up to date, so check it out on there.

What a waste of time having a website. A waste of customers time looking at stock that's not for sale. 

2 hours ago, NBTBRV8 said:

You are limiting your audience

Agree @NBTBRV8. I would not be looking on Instagram for a dealer's listings.

And why then would they list the White 991 Carrera T on carsales, but not the 991RS..?  :Confused02:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2018-porsche-911-carrera-t-991-auto-my18/OAG-AD-19049106/?Cr=0

33 minutes ago, luzzo said:

What a waste of time having a website. A waste of customers time looking at stock that's not for sale. 

Agree @NBTBRV8. I would not be looking on Instagram for a dealer's listings.

And why then would they list the White 991 Carrera T on carsales, but not the 991RS..?  :Confused02:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2018-porsche-911-carrera-t-991-auto-my18/OAG-AD-19049106/?Cr=0

There is a possibility that he doesn't have the car (RS), it is just there as eye candy to keep up the image.

7 minutes ago, NBTBRV8 said:

Another strongly priced GT3, in Miami too.

Check out this 2018 Porsche 911 GT3 991 Manual MY18.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2018-porsche-911-gt3-991-manual-my18/SSE-AD-6818721

Great ad . Let's hope he loses the 6KG . Go you fat bastard