996 values coupe/cab manual/tip

3 minutes ago, st3ve said:

Love the photoshop work and banter! :D

The beige looks a lot less overpowering with some contrasting black IMHO:

Quite easy/cheap to do with some paint and/or bits bought from ebay.  I think this would help lift the hilux grey interiors also.

That actually looks pretty good! 👍

2 hours ago, Sherpa said:

I didn’t even realise it had been photoshopped! I thought it was a photo of an entirely different car. You should join one of those JDM forums and “slam” some sick Nissan dream cars for the bois

Thanks 🙏

I prefer to limit my artistic expression to a minority who just appreciate art

3 hours ago, Jason E said:

LeeM is the new Andy Warhol everyone........

A quote by Mr Warhol was the inspiration for undertaking my deeply hidden artistic talents  "I just do art because I'm ugly and theres nothing else for me to do" 

3 hours ago, Fishcop said:

Just pissed myself :D

😁

On 16/07/2021 at 07:31, the_sovereign_man said:

This ... ahhh ... "unique" looking example has been reduced from 80k to 75k this morning. Moving in the right direction, but still a long way from sensible IMO.

Warning! Do NOT click the link if you are eating breakfast. Savannah Beige photos await on the other side.

I love that green. Not a huge fan of the savannah interiors but with the green it actually works. Like @Fishcop said, break it up a bit with the centre console etc, and repaint the wheels and it could be good. As it is I would much prefer it over my boring AF Silver on grey 996, but I hate monochrome cars in general, as it blends in with the trend of 90% of the boring cars on the road today. I should start a coloured car movement! :D 

9 minutes ago, DT said:

Price reduced again on this .1 C2 manual coupe, would appear to be a comparative bargain now, assume owner's after a quick sale and lockdown's obviously hindering that:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1998-porsche-911-carrera-996-manual/SSE-AD-7306115/?Cr=0

I can't believe this hasn't sold! Has anyone seen it?

1 hour ago, DT said:

Price reduced again on this .1 C2 manual coupe, would appear to be a comparative bargain now

1 hour ago, JLD said:

I can't believe this hasn't sold!

And IMS done at that price 🤤  As well as what sounds like a solid service history. 

41 minutes ago, Sherpa said:

The exterior colour is interesting, I kinda like it. But I’m not a fan of the interior. Still good value though.

Agree.

A savanna or back interior may have been the most suitable, interesting the original owner would have chosen that combination. But each to their own :)

2 hours ago, DT said:

Price reduced again on this .1 C2 manual coupe, would appear to be a comparative bargain now, assume owner's after a quick sale and lockdown's obviously hindering that:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1998-porsche-911-carrera-996-manual/SSE-AD-7306115/?Cr=0

I wouldn't mind the original radio included in the sale as mine has been updated at some stage

2 minutes ago, crsedge said:

A savanna or back interior may have been the most suitable, interesting the original owner would have chosen that combination. But each to their own :)

Yeah, I’ve looked at a few cars where I’ve thought it would be interesting to ask the original owner what they were thinking. But, as you say, it’s personal choice.

I suspect people might feel the same way in 20 years about all the 991’s with cream or chocolate interiors (if we’re still allowed to drive them then).

11 hours ago, JLD said:

That's the Stokehouse carpark on St Kilda Beach, often see the same Porsche cars parked out front, probably staff with good car taste.

I would've seriously considered a Targa if one was around when I was looking.  Int and ext colours aren't to my taste but I think that car would be a good buy.

33 minutes ago, Stepo said:

That's the Stokehouse carpark on St Kilda Beach, often see the same Porsche cars parked out front, probably staff with good car taste.

I know, doesn't make it right!

8 hours ago, Stepo said:

I would've seriously considered a Targa if one was around when I was looking.  Int and ext colours aren't to my taste but I think that car would be a good buy.

Yeah I like the look and concept a lot, they suffered a bad rap over the design which led to some squeaking/leaking - but my research indicates that was as a result of people self-servicing the cables incorrectly with lubricant...   They've been on the 996 buyers shit-list since, and I suspect it's a bit unfair.

That roof in the 997 C4S Targa is the rarest of the 997 series and will be a true collectable.

6 minutes ago, Fishcop said:

Yeah I like the look and concept a lot, they suffered a bad rap over the design which led to some squeaking/leaking - but my research indicates that was as a result of people self-servicing the cables incorrectly with lubricant...   They've been on the 996 buyers shit-list since, and I suspect it's a bit unfair.

I love the practicality, but the c-pillar rear quarter isn’t as perfect as the coupe. Although, black targas hide it well. I got scared off by the roof drama in the end. Like IMS and bore scoring, it’s all you find when you Google the damn things.

22 minutes ago, Fishcop said:

That roof in the 997 C4S Targa is the rarest of the 997 series and will be a true collectable.

I was very tempted by a Targa here in Brisbane with very low k's & reasonably priced.  The big turn off for me was having a constantly sunburnt head whilst living in a City that's hotter than Satan's perineum.

I thought that a subtle solar tint might solve the issue then decided that a Coupe just made more sense.

43 minutes ago, Jason E said:

The big turn off for me was having a constantly sunburnt head whilst living in a City that's hotter than Satan's perineum.

What about a hat? Or perhaps even a wig!