996 values coupe/cab manual/tip

24 minutes ago, the_sovereign_man said:

I'm only new to 911s but $75k seems a bit rich, no?

Yeah, I think the original price was probably more accurate with all of the new work done, in the current market. But this seller has added it on top.

As you rightly said in your original post, there's a few sellers just seeing how far they can push it at the moment.

13 minutes ago, the_sovereign_man said:

I thought businesses were struggling? Where are people finding the money?

Yes interesting it is.

But unfortunately its a sellers market atm. Many parts of the community aren't affected financially by covid and have money burning a hole. 

More importantly is what happens to any over leveraged person in any market when the music stops.

54 minutes ago, the_sovereign_man said:

I hear you , I am still above water but some of the tradies I know new boats big trucks to pull the boat new shed ta put the boat in , Crikey its like their printing dough in the back shed . And not forget the 200 ltrs of fuel they burn every hour under full steam.

5 hours ago, Shedpest said:

I know @LeeM missed out on another repairable write off for mid 20's (tipper)

Yeah that was smart on my behalf that one 🙄😭

4 hours ago, the_sovereign_man said:

The mob I contract to in the building/reno game did their biggest year on record this past 12 months, and it's not slowing down. In fact, we could do with another 5 chippys just to keep up. Nearly every client I've spoken to have said they can't travel, so they're doing reno's and  buying whatever they want. I was reliably told the kitchen company we do pull outs for are doing a million a month in sales, double last years sales

On 08/07/2021 at 15:01, Sherpa said:

This one is back up, this time on FB, with a raft of mechanical work listed. Price on FB is $75k up from the previous $67.5 on CS.

I can’t link to FB, but it’s in buy sell swap Aus. But there’s a long list of work done there. Not a fan of the headlight treatment though…

It's not what I'm after, but it was close by so thought I'd take a look.

It needs paint correction badly and a PO has been a ring wearer so the interior has a lot of visible scratches (steering wheel, gear shifter, door handles, etc.)

The car has been lowered to within an inch of its life but the seller is not sure what was actually done to achieve "the look". I suspect it just has lowered springs. To accomodate the oversized 19" wheels the guards have also been rolled.

The exhaust, although not overall loud at idle, drones at highway speeds.

The front bumper has been repaired and doesn't sit quite right.

There's a few other bits and bobs around the car that need attention, nothing major, a missing lever to flip the drivers seat forward for example.

All in all not a bad car from a maintenance point of view but already overpriced even before you sort the suspension, exhaust, and paint, and the seller is not particularly flexible on price as he feels he has something "very special".

EDIT: Forgot to mention it's been tracked. Some people won't care but others will so I thought it worth mentioning.

2 minutes ago, the_sovereign_man said:

All in all not a bad car from a maintenance point of view but already overpriced even before you sort the suspension, exhaust, and paint, and the seller is not particularly flexible on price as he feels he has something "very special".

But that’s the underlying problem with the current market. It seems people have decided the “ugly” 911 isn’t actually that ugly after all. And that has coincided with a lack of supply, particularly with good cars.

For all the carry on about there being “too many of them made”, the fact that the 996 wasn’t an enthusiasts’ car from day one will inevitably mean there’s a higher percentage of rough/mistreated/molested examples out there than previous 911 models. That makes finding a clean 20+ year old example more challenging.

29 minutes ago, Sherpa said:

the fact that the 996 wasn’t an enthusiasts’ car from day one will inevitably mean there’s a higher percentage of rough/mistreated/molested examples out there than previous 911 models

A lot of things I can live with but rolled guards is not one of them.

So what price would a 996.1, 100km, full history, IMS and all the usuals done, suspension refresh done, excellent condition, fetch? 

There’s such a spread in prices but seems like up to $70k wouldn’t be mad at the moment?

I bought my 150k km, manual around 18 months ago and it was the cheapest in the country and I paid $40k (and I made a video about it :D ). I think the realistic price for a reasonably sorted, IMS done, C2 manual is around $60k at the moment. I do think that the 'covid frenzy' is starting to die down a bit. I personally don't think prices will go backwards much, I think there will just be less people rushing to buy overpriced cars because they have cash burning a hole in their pocket.

2 hours ago, JWM said:

So what price would a 996.1, 100km, full history, IMS and all the usuals done, suspension refresh done, excellent condition, fetch? 

There’s such a spread in prices but seems like up to $70k wouldn’t be mad at the moment?

That seems about right at the moment, that nice looking purple .1 that sold recently pretty much fitted that bill and was advertised at 69k. 
Guess it comes down to supply and demand, the two at 53 and 55 would seem to suggest less demand at the moment, maybe that’s a product of the lockdowns or maybe everyone’s getting new kitchens.

38 minutes ago, luzzo said:

Meger or not, the Dealer pics went up and it looked amazing. 

Looked Just like a turbo with out the Mezger 😄

And now showing as Sold..! 

Is that the one that's been sitting around 4-6 weeks? $125k?

42 minutes ago, luzzo said:

And now showing as Sold..! 

I pity the fool that will turn up and proudly proclaim it's the same as the Turbo without a turbo... only to find out... it's not.  And it needs to get the IMS fixed.

But at least they will find out the gearbox is cheaper to replace which is a pro.

16 minutes ago, Fishcop said:

Weird, I can't see the silver one, and the black one appears to be still for sale 😕

Oh, looks like the usual Carsales gremlins, my apologies... In my "saved" list I see the silver one available and the black one on hold - but just clicked through on the website and I see what you do - silver car is sold, black car still for sale.

19 minutes ago, JWM said:

Oh, looks like the usual Carsales gremlins, my apologies... In my "saved" list I see the silver one available and the black one on hold - but just clicked through on the website and I see what you do - silver car is sold, black car still for sale.

Carsales is odd.  I didn't even get a notification on the silver one!

14 minutes ago, JWM said:

So .. I was speaking to another member about these 2 cars. Do we think that the buyer of the black one changed his mind at the last minute and bought the silver one instead??

3 minutes ago, Dreamr said:

So .. I was speaking to another member about these 2 cars. Do we think that the buyer of the black one changed his mind at the last minute and bought the silver one instead??

That’s a fantastic plot twist