996 values coupe/cab manual/tip

3 hours ago, Jason E said:

@tomo is yours a standard Carrera tipper?  mines an '03 Carrera tip with 77ks.  I'm with MB @ 65thou.  Assuming I need to go up from there. Cheers 

Just some tweeks here and there.I was about the same, But there is not a lot of choice of good cars  But its all about the money you will have to spend to get a car as good as condition as the one that you have. People tend to keep the gooduns :)

30 minutes ago, JWM said:

Strange pricing.

Auction ending at $280 would be plus buyers premium to the winning bidder if it was a deal. So in theory that means someone was willing to pay $290k.

Now it's advertised at $310, for which you would expect there to be negotiation, so less $10/20k maybe?  

Almost the same outcome.  Strange. 

1 hour ago, luzzo said:

Strange pricing.

Auction ending at $280 would be plus buyers premium to the winning bidder if it was a deal. So in theory that means someone was willing to pay $290k.

Now it's advertised at $310, for which you would expect there to be negotiation, so less $10/20k maybe?  

Almost the same outcome.  Strange. 

Let alone taking any any stamp duty into account.

All I know is from $100k it’s 7%, not sure if there is any change above that?

4 hours ago, Joz said:

Let alone taking any any stamp duty into account.

All I know is from $100k it’s 7%, not sure if there is any change above that?

Vic Stamp duty is criminal, but we all know that.

Here is a link to the rates. Please note: Vic Stamp duty rates are not based on a marginal system, they are flat rate.  So therefore, if purchase price is over $150,000, the whole transaction amount is at 9%.

https://www.sro.vic.gov.au/motor-vehicle-duty-current-rates

Alas, a buyer would have to pay stamp duty regardless of whether buying on Collecting Cars or via Carsales. My point was that for the seller to reject the highest bid at CC Auction was strange when it is now listed on CS at only $20,000 above the final cost of $290,000. (If it was a real final bid). 

1 hour ago, MichaelF said:

Anyone know anything about the C4S that was listed for all of about 1 hour yesterday afternoon by Porsche Parramatta?

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2002-porsche-911-carrera-4s-996-manual-awd-my03/OAG-AD-19964300/?Cr=0

$94k drive away, manual with 54km on the clock. No photos, no description.

Still up based on that link but quoted as Auto not manual and a description, Arctic silver

26 minutes ago, edgy said:

I’ve observed a couple of 996’s priced to meet the market that have came and gone within the day this week… it seems people are ready to move fast for good cars that are priced well… but persistent dust gatherers are doing just that! 

I think a silver one popped up a couple of days ago for about $45k obviously priced really well because it didn’t last the day

6 minutes ago, MARTY said:

I think a silver one popped up a couple of days ago for about $45k obviously priced really well because it didn’t last the day

Yup, that was yesterday a 2001 Tiptronic Coupe @ $45k, earlier in the week a first year Tiptronic coupe with all the essential maintenance (IMS)  @ $51.9k 

a Tiptronic cab sold week prior last advertised @ low $40k but it had been up for a while with the price creeping down.