996 values coupe/cab manual/tip

On 01/06/2021 at 19:43, TwoHeadsTas said:

That's my old car!!!  Very neat car, purchaser was going to do the IMS bearing (don't know if he ever did), but certainly it's not a $74,000 car I wouldn't have thought.  BTW I sold it for $47k about 14 months ago at a time I thought was more properly a $52k car then.  He even left my stickers on, including the PFA one on the side window!!  And 18" wheels, it's a pity the description is pretty basic, because it really is a nice car!!

Happy to re-acquaint myself with the car should anyone want some more info, or fill you in on what I know.

Starting it's downward slide, couple of price changes, already down to $69k....

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2001-porsche-911-carrera-996-auto-my02/SSE-AD-7252189/?Cr=0

On 01/06/2021 at 19:43, TwoHeadsTas said:

That's my old car!!!  Very neat car, purchaser was going to do the IMS bearing (don't know if he ever did), but certainly it's not a $74,000 car I wouldn't have thought.  BTW I sold it for $47k about 14 months ago at a time I thought was more properly a $52k car then.  He even left my stickers on, including the PFA one on the side window!!  And 18" wheels, it's a pity the description is pretty basic, because it really is a nice car!!

Happy to re-acquaint myself with the car should anyone want some more info, or fill you in on what I know.

Nope, no IMS done.

so has the car put on many kms since your ownership?

31 minutes ago, CapnHyaku said:

Needs more vents.

You know, the more I see mods like this (Gemballa, RWB etc), the more I appreciate the relatively unmolested versions......  Even Singers can be over the top (just)......

14 minutes ago, Stepo said:

I expect you’ve never looked back after the S2 Jason, she looks sweet

I'm pretty sold now mate.  Took me a few months to get used to the subtle differences.  Auto v manual & the difference in the balance made me a bit wary of putting the foot down but now I feel a bit more confident in throwing it around.  Certainly love the shove in the back when you plant the right foot.  Also love the Theatre, Colour, Sound etc.  Amazing how little kids gasp & point.  Most little kids just pointed & laughed when they saw the S2.  It made me weep.  I understand why you guys love them.

Now as long as the IMS doesn't shit itself & grenade my engine I'll be a happy man.

22 hours ago, MARTY said:

Now that is a stunning and looks immaculate 

My car's got to be better than this one!!  Mine's 4 years newer, got cooler headlights & is the same colour & has the same engine size too.  Sure this one has 65 thousand less k's but surely I come out on top everywhere else?......change my mind !!

I'm being won over a little with the Speed Yellow colour

And the Friends Green Porsche youtube channel is worth checking out if you're keen to see the just how punishing the UK conditions are on earlier cars and the increased maintenance required.  We really are a lot luckier here.

30 minutes ago, Fishcop said:

I'm being won over a little with the Speed Yellow colour

And the Friends Green Porsche youtube channel is worth checking out if you're keen to see the just how punishing the UK conditions are on earlier cars and the increased maintenance required.  We really are a lot luckier here.

The new exhaust that was fitted sounds sweet great looking car too