996 values coupe/cab manual/tip

4 minutes ago, Jason E said:

Tippers starting to gain some appreciation in both love & values.  

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2001-porsche-911-carrera-996-auto-my02/SSE-AD-7252189/?Cr=0

That's my old car!!!  Very neat car, purchaser was going to do the IMS bearing (don't know if he ever did), but certainly it's not a $74,000 car I wouldn't have thought.  BTW I sold it for $47k about 14 months ago at a time I thought was more properly a $52k car then.  He even left my stickers on, including the PFA one on the side window!!  And 18" wheels, it's a pity the description is pretty basic, because it really is a nice car!!

Happy to re-acquaint myself with the car should anyone want some more info, or fill you in on what I know.

36 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

...but certainly it's not a $74,000 car I wouldn't have thought.  BTW I sold it for $47k about 14 months ago...

Gotta say I’d be pretty miffed if I was the owner (no affiliation) and found this post. Why not just wish him the best of luck? Like I’m sure you’d hope the previous owner of your GT3 would do if you were to put it on the market a year or two into ownership for significantly more than he sold it to you.

19 minutes ago, DT said:

Gotta say I’d be pretty miffed if I was the owner (no affiliation) and found this post. Why not just wish him the best of luck? Like I’m sure you’d hope the previous owner of your GT3 would do if you were to put it on the market a year or two into ownership for significantly more than he sold it to you.

You're probably right, I'm just jealous there wasn't a buyer out there who paid me the realistic price that I put on it when I tried to sell it.  Every bugger wanted manuals then, probably same now, and still sitting at a nice premium to a Tip.......  But then again there were shedloads more c2s than GT3s, so I'll happily cop to making a bit of hay ......

52 minutes ago, DT said:

Shouldn't miff you.  Although we all genuinely do wish a seller good luck, we all just as similarly look after each other purchasing - and that's all this is.  I wouldn't buy a house without jumping on realestate.com.au to see how much the house sold for last.  I have certainly rung the previous owners of cars I've looked at to verify mileage, ownership details, and what the price was back in the day... 

We're all 'speculators' here :D

1 hour ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

You're probably right, I'm just jealous there wasn't a buyer out there who paid me the realistic price that I put on it when I tried to sell it.  Every bugger wanted manuals then, probably same now, and still sitting at a nice premium to a Tip.......  But then again there were shedloads more c2s than GT3s, so I'll happily cop to making a bit of hay ......

I wouldn’t beat yourself up too much ok your old car has now risen in value but your GT3 is one hell of a car and they have quickly gone out of sight in value.Given the choice I would have done the same deal you did at the time

15 hours ago, DT said:

Seller might be miffed but IMO justified comments for overpricing a car that should be near 20% reduced to be realistic.

@TwoHeadsTas is a previous owner and I'd think good feedback for potential forum member interest, previous sale price is informative (we all know there has been movement) and most other comments are nothing but positive for the seller.

17 hours ago, Jason E said:

Tippers starting to gain some appreciation in both love & values.  

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2001-porsche-911-carrera-996-auto-my02/SSE-AD-7252189/?Cr=0

I've said it before and I'll say it again nothing is surprising me in this market. The old supply and demand is a powerful thing.

22 hours ago, Fishcop said:

Shouldn't miff you.  Although we all genuinely do wish a seller good luck, we all just as similarly look after each other purchasing - and that's all this is.  I wouldn't buy a house without jumping on realestate.com.au to see how much the house sold for last.  I have certainly rung the previous owners of cars I've looked at to verify mileage, ownership details, and what the price was back in the day... 

We're all 'speculators' here :D

I’m really just miffed 996 GT3’s are apparently a 250k proposition now, and I’ve only got two testicles.

1 hour ago, DT said:

I’m really just miffed 996 GT3’s are apparently a 250k proposition now, and I’ve only got two testicles.

I gave up my left one just to get into my C4S, I chose reluctantly to keep my right one over a Turbo...  I don't think I have a body part worth a GT3 now :(

11 hours ago, JLD said:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2000-porsche-911-carrera-996-manual/SSE-AD-6815262

this has been for sale for a while, surprised it hasn’t sold! Has anyone seen it?

Yes I looked at it late last year.

Seemed a good example, interior slightly worn on leather seats and normal body condition for a car of that age. Wheels need a full refurb. Drove well.

Made an offer (subject to PPI) which he didn't accept. which I was totally fine with.

At the end of the day, it is only worth what someone is willing to pay and what the seller is willing to accept.

14 hours ago, Fishcop said:

I gave up my left one just to get into my C4S, I chose reluctantly to keep my right one over a Turbo...  I don't think I have a body part worth a GT3 now :(

Kidneys  are getting good money :)

47 minutes ago, Jason E said:

Good price in today's market.

Yeah, I bought a C2 only two weeks ago and even I was like “oooh, what if…”

That’ll probably work out to be cheap motoring in the long run for whoever bought it.