996 values coupe/cab manual/tip

40 minutes ago, Fishcop said:

Very low km’s and manual =$$$$ price does seem high but good luck to the seller it looks tidy

2 hours ago, LeeM said:

Even with a $3k sale price discount plus IMS repair, thats a $90k car 😳

Yeah that's breathtaking coin for C2... It does have upgraded suspension, wheels, MANUAL box, and what is clearly low kilometer condition - but is this really where a great 996 C2 now sits?

Just now, Fishcop said:

Yeah that's breathtaking coin for C2... It does have upgraded suspension, wheels, MANUAL box, and what is clearly low kilometer condition - but is this really where a great 996 C2 now sits?

I’ll take a low ball offer of $80k for mine if it is…😁

53 minutes ago, Sherpa said:

This C4S tip has been up for a little while, even though it looks clean. Has anyone here had a look at it in the flesh?

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2003-porsche-911-carrera-4s-996-auto-awd-my04/SSE-AD-7103664

Has the car been raced ? I see in the comments it has a dry sump kit fitted by Gemballa, Or do they mean deep sump kit ? 

16 minutes ago, tomo said:

Has the car been raced ? I see in the comments it has a dry sump kit fitted by Gemballa, Or do they mean deep sump kit ? 

That’s interesting. I didn’t pickup on that. That could be a clue

27 minutes ago, tomo said:

Gemballa made a deeper baffled sump as a result of the oil starvation issues identified on long high-speed corners. 

1 hour ago, Sherpa said:

This C4S tip has been up for a little while, even though it looks clean. Has anyone here had a look at it in the flesh?

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2003-porsche-911-carrera-4s-996-auto-awd-my04/SSE-AD-7103664

I note it's the only C4S coupe currently being advertised in Australia...

4 minutes ago, Fishcop said:

Amazing.  Hard to believe that there is only one 9964S Coupe listed for sale in the whole land - Auto or Manual. 

2 minutes ago, luzzo said:

Amazing.  Hard to believe that there is only one 9964S Coupe listed for sale in the whole land - Auto or Manual. 

I've left the automated CS search on since I found mine - there is clearly more buyers than cars for this model as the numbers available in any format (tip/cab/coupe/manual) have just steadily dwindled to nearly zero. 

21 minutes ago, Fishcop said:

Gemballa made a deeper baffled sump as a result of the oil starvation issues identified on long high-speed corners. 

I realize what a deep sump is for.The query was in realation to it being a deep sump or dry as suggested in the blurb.

7 minutes ago, tomo said:

I realize what a deep sump is for.The query was in realation to it being a deep sump or dry as suggested in the blurb.

Well, Gemballa didn't make a dry sump conversion for the M96/97.  So through the process of elimination and cunning detective work...

17 hours ago, McLovin said:

Pretty sure it was the second time they have sold that car.  It was very nice.

Yes second time in less than 12 months, and less than 1,000km added to the clock.

Makes you wonder if it did sell the first time, or did they pull it from market before re-listing?

22 minutes ago, Shedpest said:

Now this is the way you sell a car, add pictures of it getting belted around the race track

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2001-porsche-911-carrera-996-auto-my02/SSE-AD-7222055/?Cr=5

That could have been my old car, only $15k more than I sold mine for 15mths ago.......