996 values coupe/cab manual/tip

9 minutes ago, Fishcop said:

@KGB is that true? I did think the red would be rare...

No idea mate!   But I’m sure there aren’t many red cars about, and there are quite a few in Lapis. 964 is the opposite (lots of red).  Funny how color popularity has changed,  used to be grey and now it’s grey...😂

19 minutes ago, KGB said:

No idea mate!   But I’m sure there aren’t many red cars about, and there are quite a few in Lapis. 964 is the opposite (lots of red).  Funny how color popularity has changed,  used to be grey and now it’s grey...😂

Fashion ;)  Buying my wife a car late last year, she had a wish list including green paint... Nearly none of the manufacturers are offering a nice green in a non-special order format at the moment (she got red instead).  But I'm sure the pendulum will swing at some point.

5 hours ago, Jason E said:

I thought Speed Yellow was the new Lapis Blue..............

Was doing the national park run early this morning south of Sydney with a few mates and the speed yellow 996 turbo recently sold on car sales joined us for a few km. Color I have rarely seen in the flesh but the turbo wore it well

2 hours ago, firstone said:

Red?

Fooey I say.

The c2 yes, but those c4 hips need a darker colour to accentuate their true beauty. Imo 🤪

Lapis is pretty, and solid pulls it off perfectly. Imo 😘

Fooey hooey only 3 shades of red in the 996 line up , And they all look Hot ! : )

22 hours ago, Fishcop said:

Fashion ;)  Buying my wife a car late last year, she had a wish list including green paint... Nearly none of the manufacturers are offering a nice green in a non-special order format at the moment (she got red instead).  But I'm sure the pendulum will swing at some point.

n76ikxtyo0o31.jpg

27 minutes ago, Steve996 said:

3 minutes ago, Stepo said:

I think it’ll be sitting for while at that price.

I like the green. Just looks like the seller does too $$$ 

1 hour ago, Steve996 said:

Dial those wheels down and lose the taco-tail, and I think it's a great combo.  Longer term these sorts of uncommon combos will always be interesting and have buyers.

6 minutes ago, MichaelF said:

Low mileage manual coupe at $88k.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2004-porsche-911-carrera-996-manual-my04/SSE-AD-7201244/?Cr=0

Little to give away in the description, but certainly pushing the price envelope.

I know these are only advertised prices, but the 'upward trend' is remarkable.

An automatic convertible C4S is now scratching for close to $100k  https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2005-porsche-911-carrera-4s-cabriolet-996-auto-awd-my04/OAG-AD-19777760/?Cr=2

What is more desirable - the slightly rarer and definitely sexier C4S in tiptronic, or an equivalent C2 in manual?  Is a manual cabriolet more desirable than a tiptronic coupe?  Interesting times.

4 minutes ago, Fishcop said:

I know these are only advertised prices, but the 'upward trend' is remarkable.

An automatic convertible C4S is now scratching for close to $100k  https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2005-porsche-911-carrera-4s-cabriolet-996-auto-awd-my04/OAG-AD-19777760/?Cr=2

What is more desirable - the slightly rarer and definitely sexier C4S in tiptronic, or an equivalent C2 in manual?  Is a manual cabriolet more desirable than a tiptronic coupe?  Interesting times.

They sure have seen a bump in price over the last few months.  (glad we got in when we did John)........

40 minutes ago, Jason E said:

They sure have seen a bump in price over the last few months.  (glad we got in when we did John)........

I think a bit of it may have to do with a FOMO feel to the market at the moment.  I am glad I jumped in :D

22 minutes ago, Fishcop said:

I think a bit of it may have to do with a FOMO feel to the market at the moment.  I am glad I jumped in :D

Agreed.  I'd hate to be in the market for a Cayman at the moment - they've gone nuts.  I went for a group ride with a few mates on Friday & a friend of a friend came along who just purchased a 2014 Cayman 2.7 base a week ago.  He's not a car guy - he just liked the car.  Purchased from PC Adelaide  As part of the conversation I mentioned the rapid uptick in Cayman prices over the last 6 months.  He gave me this look & then just went a bit quiet.  Not sure if we're going to be mates........

skynews-drew-scanlon-blinking-white-guy_4786055.jpg